Good morning, kids. If there is one overarching theme or characteristic to the horrifying state of the nation and the world in general, arguably it’s got to be the attempt at every level to silence any and all voices of dissent and opposition to those who have brought us to said state. A number of stories today (and every day, really) serve to underscore this proposition. First, I’ve heard of bombing when you tell a joke. But SWAT-ing?
Whatever one may think of the COVID-19 situation, one thing that cannot be denied is that it pushed America to its breaking point. Between the lockdowns, the closures, the runs on stores, the increase in substance abuse, and the online predation of children, and the the impromptu Salem Witch Trials of people seen without socially acceptable masks, it was a rough time in America. And plenty of people tried to inject a little levity into the situation to take the edge off, including Alexandria, Louisiana, resident Waylon Bailey.
The Washington Post reports that in March 2020, Bailey posted the following to his Facebook page:
SHARE SHARE SHARE ! ! ! ! JUST IN: RAPIDES PARISH SHERIFFS OFFICE HAVE ISSUED THE ORDER, IF DEPUTIES COME INTO CONTACT WITH ‘THE INFECTED’ SHOOT ON SIGHT….Lord have mercy on us all. #Covid9teen #weneedyoubradpitt.
Bailey was making a joke. But the Rapides Parish Sheriff’s Office was not laughing. A few hours later, a SWAT team showed up at Bailey’s home without a warrant but with bulletproof vests and brandishing weapons. Bailey was arrested for making a terroristic threat. According to court documents, as Bailey was handcuffed one of the deputies stated, “…next thing [you] put on Facebook should be not to f*ck with the police.” The other officers laughed. . .
. . . It was also noted that Bailey’s post was in response to another comical post and contained emojis.
The appellate judge ruled that Bailey could continue with his legal action and concluded that the district court was in error when it said that Bailey’s post was not protected by the First Amendment and in granting qualified immunity to Iles and Wood. And then it reiterated that it “REVERSE the district court’s grant of summary judgment to Defendants and REMAND for further proceedings consistent with this opinion.”
. . . I’ve known a lot of cops, and almost every one of them was a stand-up person. That having been said, what happened in Alexandria, Louisiana? The detectives I knew would have put something out on Facebook (had it existed at the time) letting the public know that they were not shooting, arresting, harassing, or otherwise vexing infected people. And then they may well have called Mr. Bailey in to explain himself. They would not have sent a SWAT team to Bailey’s home.
The pandemic brought out the worst in many people. . .
. . . This is unfortunate. We have come to expect that our federal government will co-opt a crisis to expand its reach. It is even more unfortunate when it happens on a local level. It is what happens when people succumb to a crisis, rather than rise to it. Even more chilling is the fact that the post that set the SWAT team into motion was intended as a joke. Compound that with the facts that the district court found that Bailey’s rights had not been violated and shielded the detective and the sheriff, a clear picture emerges as to how dire things are. And not just for Donald Trump and his supporters or for someone who was defending his son outside of an abortion clinic. Even one’s jokes are suspect. Now, an off-hand Facebook comment could land one in Room 101.
That’s just it. The “pandemic” – that is the artificially-induced “panic” over what really was bad flu, its origins notwithstanding – or really any other crisis should have brought out the best in us. What happened revealed not so much human nature, but how the greatest society and people on earth, once a beacon of morality and decency flawed though from time to time it might have been, had been so utterly degenerated by the forces of heathen leftist progressivism.
There’s always been corruption and crooked cops to one degree or another everywhere, even here in the USA. But as we know all to well, the police have been far from the defenders of our civil liberties as was amply demonstrated during the lockdowns as well as the George Floyd summer of love wave of terror.
In that vein, we move from the police to the prosecutors, judges and worst of all, the juries. That is, our erstwhile fellow citizens in these two cases:
The Biden Department of Justice successfully swayed a jury on Tuesday to convict five pro-life activists for demonstrating at a controversial abortion clinic, which the DOJ argued violated the Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances Act, also known as the FACE Act.
Conservatives quickly expressed outrage over the case, especially since the activists — Lauren Handy, 28, John Hinshaw, 67, Heather Idoni, 61, William Goodman, 52, and Herb Geraghty, 25, — face 11 years behind bars and were thrown in jail to await their sentences. The activists also each face a $350,000 fine.
“The evil apparatchiks in Washington, DC, are imprisoning these five patriots for this simple act of demonstrating against abortion,” [pundit Michael] Knowles said. “These five pro-life activists demonstrated in defense of babies at an abortion mill, an infanticide factory, and for that they face more than a decade in prison.”
The activists engaged in a sit-in demonstration at the D.C.-based Washington Surgi-Clinic late-term abortion facility in October 2020. According to reporting from CBN, the demonstrators sang songs, prayed, locked arms in front of the facility’s staff entrance, and attached themselves with ropes and chains to block doors inside the building in an effort to “delay the murder of kids,” the activists said.
I would admit that blocking doors with ropes and chains, regardless of the reasoning, is definitely criminal behavior But does it warrant over a decade in prison and financial ruin, epecially in light of how homegrown and illegal alien murderers, rapists and thieves are dealt with by the same prosecutors, judges and juries?
Biggs, a 38-year-old U.S. Army veteran of Ormond Beach, Florida, was convicted in May of seditious conspiracy; conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding; obstruction of an official proceeding; conspiracy to use force, intimidation or threats to prevent officers of the U.S. from discharging their duties; interference with law enforcement during civil disorder; and destruction of government property.
During his sentencing hearing, he reportedly admitted that he “messed up” on January 6 while claiming he was “seduced by the crowd” to move forward at the nation’s Capitol.
“I know that I messed up that day, but I am not a terrorist,” he said.
“I wanted to see what would happen,” he said. “My curiosity got the better of me, and I’ll have to live with that for the rest of my life.”“I’m not a terrorist,” he added. “I don’t have hate in my heart.”
Another former leader of the Proud Boys was sentenced to 15 years in prison on Thursday.
Unlike the pro-life protestors who did commit “crimes,” albeit of a relatively benign nature, these guys and everyone else who made the mistake of being duped into being invited into the Capitol Building by the FBI and DOJ, were even less “criminal” in their behavior, doing nothing more than getting tricked into the moral equivalent of a panty raid. And for that, they have been ruined and forced to “confess” much in the same manner as those beaten into signing their names for Stalin and Beria. And considering there are multiple confirmed reports of abuse by guards in the jails where scores of people still languish to this day, that is not hyperbole.
But as I stated above, the worst are our erstwhile fellow citizens. Not just on juries either but in our everyday lives who are de facto judges, juries and executioners if we dare commit the crime of wrong-think in their presence:
George Washington University ’24 Law School student Tahmineh Dehbozorgi knows the dangers of a weaponized justice system. Earlier this week, she told me how, as a teenager, she and her family fled from one in Iran in 2015.
Dehbozorgi’s grandfather was among the first targets of the new regime after the fall of the Shah in 1979. He was thrown in prison, where he faced execution without trial. His crime: He worked as a public servant in the previous government before the Islamic Revolution.
The new Islamic regime also used guilt-by-association tactics to prosecute lawyers who represented its opponents. So when the news broke here that President Trump’s legal advisers would be indicted along with him, Dehbozorgi was alarmed. Earlier this month, she went on Fox and Friends to talk about why the government’s prosecution of Trump’s lawyers should bother everyone, regardless of which side you’re on.
As she later tweeted:
As a law student, seeing attorneys named as co-conspirators and threatened to have their licenses revoked only because they gave legal advice to former President Trump worries me. This is against the very nature of the American justice system I’ve long aspired to be a part of:
As a law student, seeing attorneys named as co-conspirators and threatened to have their licenses revoked only because they gave legal advice to former President Trump worries me. This is against the very nature of the American justice system I’ve long aspired to be a part of. pic.twitter.com/y4dxufXHGa
— Tahmineh Dehbozorgi (@DeTahmineh) August 16, 2023
As if to prove her point, left-wing “Law Twitter” swiftly reacted warning that she may not be able to pass the character fitness test for admission to the bar. The morning after she tweeted about her Fox appearance, prominent Maryland lawyer and DNC operative Robbie Leonard, tweeted:
If she’s in law school in Maryland, then please put me on her character committee interview.
This suggests that if it were up to him (which it’s not) Dehbozorgi wouldn’t pass her character and fitness exam—essential for bar admission in every US jurisdiction. . .
. . . There was no due process for Dehbozorgi’s grandfather. He sat in prison for months with other employees of the former government until her grandmother finally got him out. Many of his colleagues were killed by the regime without a trial. She says, “nobody, no party, should be using the justice system for their political gain.”
As an aside, now you can understand why our criminal justice system is so utterly fucked up: because our law schools have been pumping out little Roland Freisler’s by the bushel for decades now. And that’s a microcosm our educational system in general.
If a Martian appeared in Washington, D.C. today, made a thorough study of the contemporary scene (which takes Martians about six seconds, ya know), and concluded that a traitor class had captured the U.S. government and was determined to drive the nation into a ditch, how could you convince him or her or xer otherwise? Certainly not from the actions of U.S. Strategic Command (STRATCOM), which just featured as a speaker a former top official of the Iranian regime. Yes, that Iranian regime, the one whose top officials frequently chant, “Death to America.”
The Washington Free Beacon reported Tuesday that STRATCOM “earlier this month hosted a former top Iranian official who came under fire last year for bragging about the hardline regime’s efforts to assassinate American leaders.” STRATCOM’s featured America-hater was Hussein Mousavian, “a former member of Iran’s nuclear negotiating team who works as a Middle East security and nuclear policy specialist at Princeton University.”
Why is a guy from a regime that considers the United States an enemy and has vowed to destroy it working at Princeton University, as well as speaking for U.S. Strategic Command? Because the same America-hating leftism has infected them both. . .
. . . In response to the entirely justifiable outrage, STRATCOM issued the expected mealy-mouthed non-apology: “We always seek in our panelists and speakers a broad array of perspectives, including those which differ from our own. We were aware of Mr. Mousavian’s previous position within the Iranian government and believe that, in the context of the Deterrence Symposium, we would have benefited from that insight into an opposing viewpoint.” Yeah, sure, the Biden regime is renowned the world over for its respect for opposing viewpoints.
As Robert Spencer also reports – which made my heart sink – NYC will make this guy feel right at home just before the 22nd anniversary of when, as Bro-Fo Omar states, “Some people did some things.”
Of course at the top of the heap of all this is the Biden Regime’s revolting persecution of its chief political rival Donald Trump, both as a distraction from its own real, massive and potentially treasonous selling out of our national security and as a means to put down once and for all the resistance that he, Trump knowingly or not, engendered. And on that note, at the risk of pissing many of you off, it pisses me off that in the face of all of this, Trump of all people goes on as if it’s business as usual.
As people in Florida dealt with the fallout of the hurricane, Trump posted about how he got more votes than DeSantis in Florida, though DeSantis was on a midterm ballot and Trump was on a presidential ballot.
“Ron DeSanctimonious is always talking about the number of votes he got in Florida,” Trump posted Thursday in a video. “He doesn’t say that I got a record 1.1 million more votes than him!”
Really, Mr. President? Please, for the love of all that is right and good, stop. Just stop. Meh. He won’t. The nation and the world are at an inflection point and this man, despite his foibles, is still an undeniable force to be reckoned with because of the millions of people who appreciate what he did and what he is going through. That includes me. But this kind of stuff is just a turn-off. And that’s putting it mildly. Then again, what does it matter? If they are going to try and likely succeed in stealing 2024 like they did 2020, then why should I get so upset? We’re gone anyway, right?
Have a good Labor Day weekend. See you tomorrow for the hobby thread. Be there. Aloha.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- Robert Spencer: “Osama bin Laden, had he lived to see this day, would be cheering.” Just In Time for 9/11 Anniversary, New York City Allows Islamic Call to Prayer Over Loudspeakers
- “The shock of [Chinese] Covid and the ensuing lockdowns unleashed a new round of utopian thinking. . . “The underside of the warm embrace of interdependence is a harsh authoritarian imposition.” How Chinese COVID Killed Utopia
- Victor Davis Hanson: “For the last eight years, a discredited media has never expressed remorse for any of the damage they did to the country. And they will not again, when their latest mythological indictments are eventually exposed.” From One Unapologetic Media Hoax to the Next
- “The automobile, an iconic symbol of freedom and personal mobility, might one day become a symbol of tyranny.” Electric Vehicles Plagued by Logistical Issues, But Few Mention the Elephant(s) in the Room
BIDEN CRIME FAMILY REVELATIONS
- Margot Cleveland: “Weiss cannot be trusted after his office negotiated Hunter Biden’s sweetheart plea deal that included the pretrial diversion ‘get-out-of-jail-free’ agreement.”Did Weiss’ Office Ignore Pretrial Diversion Policy to Cut Hunter’s Sweetheart Deal? DOJ is Hiding the Answer
- “Shapley sent out an email in October 2022 alleging that now-special counsel David Weiss allegedly told a group of law enforcement officials he did not have ultimate authority to charge Hunter. Shapley and another Internal Revenue Service (IRS) whistleblower alleged the DOJ slow-walked the investigation into Hunter’s alleged tax crimes under Weiss’ leadership. Garland appointed Weiss to be the special counsel in the ongoing investigation into the first son.” IRS Whistleblower’s Lawyer Says Merrick Garland “Essentially Called” His Client a “Liar”
- “Biden’s suspected use of fake names has started to gain more attention in recent days as a group called the Southeastern Legal Foundation sued NARA to turn over approximately 5,400 records connected to Biden’s pseudonym accounts.” GOP Investigators Seek Boston Connection In Biden Pseudonym Mystery
- “Bakos worked for Twitter’s policy team in March 2022 when her picture appeared on the New York Post’s cover exposing the signatories of an Oct. 2020 letter asserting, without evidence, that the Hunter Biden laptop archive was a ‘Russian information operation.”’ Ex-CIA Agent Who Signed False Letter About Hunter Biden Laptop Tried to Hide Her Work for Twitter
SHAMPEACHMENT 1.0, 2016 CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION
- “. . . the media have misrepresented the January 2021 phone call between Trump and Raffensperger, quoting Trump as telling Raffensperger that he should ‘find’ the votes necessary for him to win. In fact, Trump said “I just want to find” the votes, referring to his own state of mind. Moreover, the context was that Trump believed he actually had won the state of Georgia, and the votes simply had not been properly counted yet.” Report: Raffensperger Testimony Supports Trump Defense in Georgia Case
- The Georgia Governor specifically rejected the call by Republican State Senator Colton Moore for a special legislative session to review the actions by District Attorney Willis, arguing that the move would “…ignore current Georgia law and directly interfere with the proceedings of a separate but equal branch of government.” Kemp declined to mention Moore specifically by name in his remarks. WATCH: ‘Republican’ GA Governor Brian Kemp Protects Marxist AG Fani Willis
- “No serious prosecutor committed to the rule of law would even consider bringing charges in Fulton County.” (Not so much serious as morally and ethically upright – jjs) Night Falls on Georgia
- Meh, they don’t need to keep him off the ballot when they can easily rig and steal the election as was amply demonstrated in 2020 and again in 2022 with Kari Lake – jjs Arizona Secretary of State Says Donald Trump Cannot Be Kept off Arizona Ballot
- “McAfee will also allow reporters to use their computers and cell phones inside the courtroom so long as they are not used to record the trial. McAfee’s announcement is aligned with Fulton County policy that broadcasts judicial proceedings on its YouTube channel.” (A public execution or in-kind donation to Trump ’24? – jjs) Judge: Donald Trump’s Georgia Trial Will Be Televised, Live-Streamed
- “Her pursuit of Trump has likely cost millions already, based on reporting of Trump’s ongoing legal fees related to the case, representing a significant strain on the law enforcement budget at a time when crime in New York City is recovering from a 22 percent spike in major crime in 2022. Five of seven categories of major crime have receded since this surge over the course of 2023 – so far – but felony assault and especially grand larceny auto offenses were still on the rise in statistics released early August.” NY AG Consumed by Attempts to Wipe Value Off Trump Firms, as Crime Soars
- “The entire case against Trump and his fellow defendants in the 2020 election-interference prosecutions can’t even get off the ground unless it is more or less evidently true that the election was not stolen.” The True Big Lie
- Kurt Schlichter: “The Left is celebrating now – but they won’t be able to control what they’ve unleashed.” (I don’t know that I agree with the good colonel – jjs) This Political Prosecution Scheme is Going To Backfire Hard
CIVIL WAR 2.0: J-6 FBI FALSE FLAG “RIOT” & AFTERMATH, LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- “They each face 11 years behind bars and a $350,000 fine.” Anger Erupts After Biden DOJ Gets 5 Pro-Life Activists Convicted, Thrown In Jail
- “Tahmineh Dehbozorgi fled a tyrannical regime that persecutes its political opponents. Now she faces threats for voicing her own political views.” Iranian Immigrant Law Student Encounters America’s Own Revolutionary Guard
- “According to the Associated Press, prosecutors have charged 1,129 people with Capitol riot-related federal crimes. Of those, at least 630 have pleaded guilty, and 110 have been convicted at trial.” Two Proud Boys Sentenced More Than 15 Years In Prison In J6 Case: Reports
- “Guess which side of the political fence every dictator – every single one – is always on?”Democrats and the Hitler Lie
- “The new financial disclosure filed by Justice Thomas Thursday delivers a rebuke to [thugs’] smear campaign.” New Financial Disclosures Contradict ProPublica Smear Operation Against Clarence Thomas
- Daniel Greenfield: “The reparations task force accidentally makes a case for payments to white people.” Exposing the Hoax Numbers Behind California’s Racial Reparations
MAUI WILDFIRE DISASTER & DISASTROUS GOVT. RESPONSE
- “[Biden] went on to talk again about the fire at his house in 2004, which the local fire company described as a small kitchen fire that was put out within 20 minutes” Joe Biden Once Again Brings Up the Story of His House Fire While Discussing Maui Response
- “The Republicans are pissed off that the Democrats jacked Trump and they’re going to try to take a pound of flesh. And that’s what goes on in this day and age.” (If the idiots that lost everything who more than likely voted for you had any sense, you’d be swimming in Kilauea right now – jjs) Hawaii Gov.: House Probe into Federal Maui Response Is ‘Political’ Effort to Hurt Biden, ‘We Did a Very Good Job’
- “He was on vacation and didn’t say anything for the best part of two weeks.” Laughable: White House Claims Biden “Reacted In Record Time” To Maui Fires
- A Maui resident who is leading grassroots relief efforts on the ground told Breitbart News that the $700 amount was “laughable.” Biden to Send Maui Less than One-Tenth of One Percent of What He Wants to Send Ukraine
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- “Even more chilling is the fact that the post that set the SWAT team into motion was intended as a joke. Compound that with the facts that the district court found that Bailey’s rights had not been violated and shielded the detective and the sheriff, a clear picture emerges as to how dire things are. And not just for Donald Trump and his supporters or for someone who was defending his son outside of an abortion clinic. Even one’s jokes are suspect. Now, an off-hand Facebook comment could land one in Room 101.” Louisiana Man Cleared to Sue Cops After SWAT Raid Over Facebook Joke
- “Musk continues to advertise X as a burgeoning free speech platform under his ownership, but the implementation of invasive data collection alongside the hiring of censorious executives and the suspension of users for expressing support for capital punishment, for example, suggests it may soon be little different from Jack Dorsey-era Twitter.” Musk’s ‘X’ to Collect Personal, Biometric Data for Jobs, AI
- “FEMA’s last test occurred in 2021 during the Covid pandemic. At the time, the emergency agency sent test alerts nationwide, causing all phones, televisions, and radios to blast an annoying sound.” FEMA to Blast All Smartphones , TVs, Radios with Mass Alert Test on October 4
- Robert Zimmerman: “Why has this become suddenly so difficult? Since the 1960s and for almost three-quarters of a century it was obvious that you never considered race, religion, or ethnicity in hiring or promotions. Not only was it recognized as illegal, it was also considered morally wrong. To put race first was to make yourself a bigot no different than a KKK Wizard, and no one wanted to be painted with that comparison.” Pushback: Class action discrimination lawsuit filed against Gannett newspaper
- Now: Following McConnell’s “freeze” moment, “ableism” has been notably absent from the discourse. Instead, the news has been full of words like “alarming,” “embarrassing,” and “retirement.” WATCH: How the Media Covered Fetterman’s Stroke vs. McConnell’s ‘Freeze’
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “While the White House celebrates, the Federal Reserve says inflation is ‘unacceptably high.'” (Hunter is acceptably high, though – jjs) On the Anniversary of the Inflation Reduction Act, Let’s Do Something About Inflation
- “Economic dynamism is vaulting the southern portion of the vast region ahead of its northern cousin.” Appalachia’s North–South Divide
- “Affordable housing may soon be available only to the wealthy.” Housing Conundrum: High Prices, High Interest Rates Crippling For Aspirational [title is a non-sequitur – jjs)
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, DEMOCRAT-LEFT WAR ON FOSSIL FUELS, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “Transportation secretary’s equity committee aims to bring ‘diversity’ and ‘inclusion’ to America’s infrastructure.” (Go have a nice glass of East Palestine water – jjs) “ALL CARS ARE BAD”: Bottom-Dwelling Chest-Feeder Pete Buttplug’s Equity Advisers Want You to Stop Driving
- “In July and August 2021, Gotion High-Tech Power Energy Co. ran multiple company field trips to communist revolutionary memorials in China’s Anhui province, during which employees wore matching Red Army uniforms and swore to ‘fight for communism to the end of my life,’ according to reports and footage on the firm’s website. Gotion Inc. — a California-based company which is “wholly owned and controlled” by Gotion High-Tech, according to a Foreign Agents Registration Act filing — plans to “invest $2.4 billion to construct two 550,000-square-foot production plants” for electric vehicle (EV) batteries in Big Rapids, Michigan . . .” Video Shows Employees at Chinese Firm Behind US Battery Plant Builder Wearing Red Army Outfits, Pledging Life to CCP
- “Insanity. Move away from the big cities.” (Until they outlaw the suburbs and private homes – jjs) U.S. Cities Participating in Program to Eliminate Private Transportation and Dairy, Meat Consumption by 2030
- “The alarmists have concluded that methane is the bigger problem. How do you get rid of methane? You burn it. What do you get when you burn methane? Carbon dioxide. Problem solved!” CO2: From Zero to Hero
- Hat tip to commenter MTF who notes, “What happens when a Democrat suddenly realizes how loony their policies are but the Propaganda organs can’t keep up?” Newsom Embraces Dirty Energy in Bid to Stave Off Blackouts
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- “He really has.” KJP Claims Biden Has Done “More” for the Border Than Anyone Else
- “Parents scurry to get their kids vaccinated before school starts because administrators always say your child cannot even enroll unless he or she has the required vaccines. Schools are strict about this requirement. Well, schools used to be strict about it.” NYC Migrants in Temp Shelters Still Don’t Need Vaccinations to Enroll in School
- “Of course, this whole crisis is happening because the Biden administration has completely abandoned the U.S. southern border.” (This makes no sense unless Governor Heal-thyself activates the MA ANG and flies all of them south to a point at least below the Panama Canal – jjs) Massachusetts Activates the National Guard to Deal with Influx of Illegal Aliens
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “Los Angeles, the nation’s second-largest city, had the most reported hate crimes — a record 609, with 195 of those classified as anti-Black, 98 as anti-gay (male), 91 as anti-Jewish and 88 anti-Latino.” Hate Crimes Surge In Democrat-Run Cities
- “Scott Harris, 62, was left with a brain injury and required at least 100 stitches after he was beaten by a crowd of people around 11:50 p.m. in [Philadelphia’s] Brewerytown neighborhood, according to NBC10. “That night on Saturday, there was a huge party going on over here,” he told the outlet. ‘A little bit out of control but nothing terribly concerning to me. Next thing you know, I’m in the emergency room getting stitches.’” Navy Vet Brutally Beaten While Walking Dog Suggests US City is Worse Than a War Zone
- Oakland Marina Harbormaster: “Residents in marinas are scared, they’re talking about forming groups, they’re arming themselves.” Oakland, CA, Now Plagued by Pirates of the Bay Area
- “Even supposedly minor lawbreaking is generally backed by the threat of violence.”“Nonviolent Crime” Is a Myth
AMERICA AND THE WORLD IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS AND FACTS
- “We won’t be bullied again by the [Chinese] COVID-itarians who’re convinced they have the right to run other people’s lives.” (TBD – jjs) Resist the Chinese COVID Kaisers
- “But the Democrats in power know about it, and have for decades.” The Biggest Missed Story of the 21st Century
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- “Murnan had his personal devices confiscated by police in 2001 on suspicion of possession of child pornography, according to V1sut. Then a fifth-grade teacher at Will Rogers Elementary School in Stillwater, Oklahoma, Murnan was arrested two weeks after the confiscation. Appeals Court Associate Judge Dave Allen said that it was ‘clear from a review of the pictures that they do represent child pornography,’ The Oklahoman reported at the time.”‘Usual Hiring Practices’: School Defends Hiring Of Drag Queen Arrested On Child Porn Possession
- “Colleges are predominantly blaming the disruptions caused by the pandemic, which have resulted in a significant decline in math and reading scores. While reading scores plummeted on the national test known as NAEP, math scores fell even further, dropping by margins that have not been seen in decades.” ‘Damaged:’ Professors Blame Pandemic as College Students Struggle with Basic Math
- “How an ARPA model for education R&D could turn around a half-century of stagnation.” (Good luck going around Randi Weingarten et al – jjs) Our New Sputnik Moment
- The CEO of X, formerly known as Twitter, washed his hands of any responsibility for the recent rift between himself and 19-year-old Vivian Jenna Wilson — instead blaming the Crossroads School for Arts & Sciences in Santa Monica for infecting her with the “woke mind virus.” Elon Musk Blames Elite L.A. School for Brainwashing “Communist” Trans Daughter Into Hating Him for Being Rich
SCOTUS ABOLISHES AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
- “Even if the proposal could weather the costly ballot initiative process, lawyers say it likely wouldn’t stand up in court in light of the Supreme Court’s June ruling that banned colleges and universities from discriminating against students based on race for admissions—a decision that also curtailed race-based policymaking. It could likewise violate the U.S. and California constitutions’ guarantee of equal protection for all people under the law.”Sneaking Past SCOTUS: California Dems Attempt Affirmative Action Workaround
- “The fight for life in Ohio continues.” (Another prime example of “he who controls the language” – jjs Pro-Abortion Activists Sue Ohio Officials Over Ballot Language: ‘Unborn Child’ vs. ‘Fetus’
- “The struggle for life is the struggle against unaccountable administrators.” Sovereignty Is a Life Issue
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- “Hyperpapalists are instituting tactics inspired by the French Revolution.” Leftist Catholics’ Reign of Doubt Descends on Conservative Theologian Scott Hahn
DEMOCRAT/LEFTIST AND RINO SCANDALS, MESHUGAS, CHUTZPOCRISY
- “Etterbay ixnay eekgray essagesmay.” (Uck-Fay Itmer-Whay – jjs) It’s All Greek to Whitmer
- “His recent episodes are only the tip of the iceberg.” Thanks a Lot, Mitch
- David Harsanyi: “The reality is that when it matters, voters across the country love the old timers — perhaps because they are known quantities or maybe they bring home the money or maybe people genuinely like them. If they didn’t, none of them would be in Washington.”Yes, Washington is a Gerontocracy. No, We Don’t Need Age Limits. Here is a Better Plan
- Ted Noel, M.D.: “Whatever is wrong with him, it’s not the same thing that’s plaguing those Democrats who show diminished brain capacity.” (The issue, Dr. Noel, is not necessarily his health. The issue is his being a phony, crooked Deep State stooge – jjs) Jumping To Conclusions About Mitch McConnell
- “This means that just about 40% of his own party’s voters actively oppose the re-nomination of Joseph Brandon and endorse other candidates — nearly unheard of for a sitting president. And this is without any debates and with the entire corporate state media in his corner.”RFK Jr. STILL Pushing 20% in Dem Primary Polling Despite Constant Attacks, Censorship, Smears
- “Once the hurricane hit, DeSantis’ political operation largely went quiet as the governor focused on responding to the storm. Trump targeted DeSantis dozens of times on social media by posting claims, videos, or online poll numbers that showed Trump leading DeSantis, who is in second place, in the Republican Party presidential primary.” (Mr. President, for the love of all that is good, stop – jjs) Trump Repeatedly Attacks DeSantis While He Manages Florida Hurricane Response
* * * * *
- “Jamie Glazov’s new book on Obama delivers some startling – and disturbing – surprises.”Barack Obama: The Real-Life Manchurian Candidate?
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “Republicans say Biden not doing enough to counter ‘credible threats’ on U.S. leaders.” (I would not be the least bit surprised if Biden is hiring the Iranians to kill his/Obama’s enemies – jjs) Lawmakers Press for Classified Briefing on Iran’s Assassination Plots
- Robert Spencer: “Hey, STRATCOM, if you are really so interested in opposing viewpoints, how about hosting someone who dissents from the government’s iron dogma that Islam is a religion of peace that has nothing whatsoever to do with the terrorist violence that constantly roils the Middle East and the Islamic world in general? Yeah, I didn’t think so.’Biden Regime’s Clueless Military Has Former Official of Government That Chants ‘Death to America’ Address Symposium
- “I’m not saying such a war will happen. But I am saying that the more we allow our forces and their morale to wither away, the more likely such a thing is to happen.” Yeah, We’re Going to Lose World War III to China
- “America will survive whatever comes. But the country’s ruling class, foreign policy establishment, and imperial pretensions will not.” The Blob Bleeds
- While working as a Conservative Member of Parliament, Shapps operated a clandestine business selling dodgy computer software that increased a website’s advertisement revenue by “breaching Google’s code of practice”. At the time, he used pseudonyms such as Michael Green, Corinne Stockheath, and Sebastian Fox. UK’s New SecDef Knows ‘Very Little’ About Defense, But a Lot About Using Online Pseudonyms to Sell Dodgy Software
- “But now he’s changed his mind.” French President Macron ONCE Extolled Immigration
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- “It is downright shameful that President Obama commuted the prison sentence of Chelsea Manning, the fashionably transgender government employee who *leaked* to Assange, while Assange himself still sits in a foreign prison in exile.” Vivek Ramaswamy Pledges To Pardon Julian Assange, Anti-American Publisher of US Secrets
- “Putting aside the fact that a federally funded military education program is outright calling for censorship of free discussion, this type of thing is exactly what is rotting our military from the inside.” Rep. Chip Roy Moves to Defund Marine Corps University for Pushing ‘Woke Propaganda’
- Raymond Ibrahim: “. . . whereas dogs are seen as “man’s best friend” in the West — indeed, not a few so-called “progressives” are even trying to transform themselves into dogs — for many Muslims, dogs are vermin. Indeed, as discussed in this article, dogs are regularly targeted for cruel treatment and extermination in the Muslim world.” Targeted for Termination: Dogs and Infidels
HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE
- “” West Nile Virus first appeared in the United States in 1999. The mosquito-born virus belongs to the flavivirus family – along with dengue fever, yellow fever, and Zika. Culex mosquitoes become carriers for the virus when they use their proboscis bite and draw blood from infected birds. The virus can then subsequently be passed on to humans when they are bit by its mosquito hosts.” West Nile Virus in Massachusetts
- “A high-tech approach that uses organs from genetically engineered pigs for transplantation, xenotransplantation, might both eliminate the need for human organ donors and reduce the risk of tissue rejection.” We Urgently Need New Approaches To Obtain Organs For Transplantation — One Is Available Immediately
- “Deane Waldman, M.D.: “Bernie Sanders needs to get a grip.” (. . . on a swinging fist, with his dentures – jjs) The Problem with Health Care Is Washington
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “Since the development of the telescope by Galileo in the early 1600s, there has been no supernova inside the Milky Way. SN 1987A has been the closest, so it has been photographed repeatedly in multiple wavelengths to track the evolution of the explosion’s ejecta. Webb now gives us a better look in the infrared, though in truth the small amount of new details is actually somewhat disappointing.” Webb takes infrared image of Supernova SN1987A
- “It is not clear if any of the craters visible in this picture are the crater that caused the detour. The movie however does provide a sense of scale. Pragyan is small, but it is able to maneuver easily using its six wheels.” Vikram takes movie of Pragyan rover as it roves
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- “Drag performers and LGBTQIA+ allied businesses belong in our state — and Texas politicians have no right to censor our free expression,” the ACLU of Texas said in a tweet. (Death to the ACLU – jjs) Federal Judge Blocks Red State Ban On Drag Shows In Front Of Children
- Complaint: “Despite publicly claiming a storied role in the movement for gender equality, Vassar has long and privately been underpaying its female professors.” Bwahaha. “Gender Equality” Leader Vassar College Sued By Female Profs For Paying Them Less Than Men
- “The state’s attorney general wants to hide students’ identities from their parents.”California Wants Your Kids
- “Priests appeared less optimistic than ever that Christianity would continue to be a dominant force in British society, with two-thirds of respondents agreeing that attempts to reverse the decline in church attendance were doomed to fail.” (Islam and rusty hacksaws to the rescue! – jjs) Church of England Clergy Embraces Homosexuality, Sodomy Before Marriage in New Poll
- “It is only women who are being made to sacrifice.” Abolishing Women’s Rights, One at a Time
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “It’s always easy for the left to hold blue-collar Americans at arm’s length. It makes them feel superior and morally righteous. So keep denigrating the working class, Democrats. Giving Republicans a majority as well as the presidency is what this nation desperately needs.” Democrats’ Arrogance Toward Oliver Anthony and the Working Class Will Doom Them in 2024
- “Wokeness corrupts our every joy. . . into a weapon.” The Woke War on Birdwatching
- The campaign has already flopped, with just 44 reposts and under 850 likes, despite receiving over 3.6 million views. Comments, too, were quick to criticize the post, with one reading, “It seems like gayness has seeped into every type of advertisement. #LGBT make up 7% of the population….but they still try and jam it in everyone’s face. Buy @Whataburger.” Another response simply read: “Gross.” WATCH: McDonald’s Goes Gay, Gets Dragged (Phrasing! – jjs)
- “Maybe Atlanta Magazine‘s coverage was too swanky for too long, but the problem is that the pendulum swung too far the other way. If these people had balanced their woke coverage with stories that truly reflected the diversity of a not-totally-woke city and its decidedly not-woke metro area, the fateful meeting may not have taken place.” What Happens When Woke Writers and Editors Clash With Their Publisher? At Atlanta Magazine, It Wasn’t Pretty.
- “First, they mocked us. They said we’d never sell any beer, they said we’d never get the beer made, they said we would never get distributors, and then they said we’d never get shelf space in stores,” he said. “I’m proud to say, we’ve accomplished all those things in a matter of months.” Conservative Dad’s Ultra Right Beer Rakes In $1 MILLION In 12 Days
- Christian Toto: “Summer’s biggest hits reveal country’s growing chasm, tribal thinking.” (One tribe is sane, and the other not so much – jjs) How Barbie and Sound of FreedomDivided a Nation
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.