Good morning, kids. So, Merrick Garland got grilled in hearings yesterday over both his aiding and abetting in the coverup of the investigation of Hunter Biden, which ultimately leads to his father as well as the prosecution and persecution of political enemies ranging from ordinary citizens all the way up to the former President of the former United States.
For whatever definition of the term “grilling” applies, since in real terms, he knows that he will suffer no real consequences just as the scum illegitimate, in political and familial terms, “first family” that he has aided and abetted won’t either. A few weeks (if that) at Club Fed for Hunter ending in an early release and Biden being forced to resign for medical reasons notwithstanding. The estimable Miranda Devine weighs in on the proceedings:
You would think that an attorney general who has presided over the embarrassing debacle of the Hunter Biden investigation would express contrition, or maybe a little anger at the underlings who have shamed him, when he is hauled before a congressional committee to explain his failures.
But alas, Merrick Garland is just another Mr. Magoo. His department is ablaze but he knows nothing. The nation’s chief law enforcement officer has no special insight into the malfeasance unfolding under his nose. He is just an oblivious bystander, unperturbed by the tyrannical turn the DOJ has taken under his leadership, persecuting his boss’ political enemies and coddling the crooked president’s crooked relatives.
Even though Garland used to be a judge, he makes no judgments at all. He professes to have no view about US Attorney David Weiss’ farcical five-year “investigation” of the president’s 53-year-old son, Hunter.
“I promised the Senate that I would not interfere,” he told the House Judiciary Committee Wednesday.
“I have not intruded or attempted to evaluate that, because that was the promise I made to the Senate.” What an honorable man, keeping his promises.
But he’s the ship’s captain. There is a fire in the hold, the vessel is going down, and he doesn’t even trouble himself to find out what happened.
“Have you had personal contact with anyone at FBI Headquarters about the Hunter Biden investigation?” asked Rep. Mike Johnson (R-La).
For what seemed like an eternity but was really about seven seconds, Garland looked down at his tightly clasped hands, slowly turned his head left and right as if the answer might materialize somewhere on the empty table below him, then popped his tongue, said “ahhhh,” pursed his lips, exhaled and arranged the edges of his mouth in a downward shrug, before finally looking up at Johnson with a sheepish expression and stammering: “I don’t real . . . I don’t . . . ah . . . I don’t recollect the answer to that question but the FBI works for the Justice Department?” a non sequitur delivered in a cascade of upward inflections as if he was the one asking questions, or maybe channeling a Valley Girl.
Speaking of which, his favorite line was to point out that Weiss, whom he has elevated to special counsel despite manifest failures, was a “Trump appointee.” He said so nine times. He seems to think that bias can be ascribed to prosecutors depending on which party appoints them. Presumably he applies that logic to himself, as a Biden appointee.
Usually smart people find it tedious to say the same thing nine times in a row, but Garland seemed to enjoy it, until the wonderful Liz Cheney-slayer Harriet Hageman (R-Wyo.) wiped the smirk off his face.
“Mr. Garland, one of the things you have done and repeated over and over and over again is to point out that Mr. Weiss was appointed as US attorney by President Trump, as though that somehow inoculates him from criticism by us. Is that really how this game is played, that if someone is appointed by a Republican, then they’re supposed to be on the Republican team, or if they’re appointed by a Democrat, they’re on the Democrat team? You were appointed by Mr. Biden, weren’t you? Are you on the Democrat team?”
Touché. He never said it again. . .
The highlight of the hearings came from Rep. Victoria Spartz, herself a victim of totalitarian Leftism, who lit into this smug bastard, which Ace had last night and I’m linking here, and also in Devine’s essay:
. . . “You had a very moving statement about your grandparents coming here from Belarus to live in the country without fear of persecution,” she said. “I grew up in a very similar country, Ukraine now, and when I came here as a young person, I believed in the value as an American not to be afraid of my government . . . Are you aware that a lot of Americans are now afraid of being prosecuted by your department? Are you aware of that?“
Garland started whining about “constant attacks on the department,” but she interrupted.
“Not attacks . . . a lot of good Americans from my district came here [on Jan. 6] because they are sick and tired of this government not serving them. They came with strollers and the kids, and there was a chaotic situation because the proper security wasn’t provided. [And then] FBI agents showed up to people’s houses. You have in my district in my town, FBI phone numbers all over [saying] please call [and inform on people].
“People are truly afraid. This is a big problem when people are afraid of their own government . . .
“It’s like KGB.”
Does Garland understand that rogue prosecutors and disproportionately harsh J6 prosecutions are destroying trust in the justice system, as murderers and shoplifters get off easy, and a spirit of lawlessness and corruption infects the land?
No. There was not a sign that his conscience was troubled.
Bravo, Rep Spartz. She totally gets it. Yet, I can’t understand how the usually spot-on Devine just doesn’t. Or doesn’t seem to, to cut her some slack. The nub of her essay is that Merrick Garland is some sort of clueless, incompetent boob, myopically stumbling around like Mr. Magoo (a descriptor that she herself uses here) unaware of what his underlings at the DOJ are up to.
These are not rogue prosecutors. The entire Department of Justice from the janitor and toilet attendants all the way on up are operating either enthusiastically or begrudgingly so as to protect their jobs and pensions (if not their own personal safety; and that is not a stretch to consider), on the basis that what they are doing to enemies of this Junta is standard operating procedure. They are operating with the full knowledge, consent and under the orders of the Attorney General of the United States, Merrick Garland, who operates with the full knowledge, approval and directives of the Vegetable-in-Chief in the Oval Office, and ultimately his minders somewhere in Kalorama, Davos/Brussels and Beijing.
Rep. Troy Nehls has outright said to Garland’s face he should be impeached. He also told galactic-sized mass of rotting corned beef and lipids Jerry Nadler to STFD and STFU. In any case, so, Garland’s impeached. We get, who to replace him? Kristen Clarke, the head of the Civil Rights Division who is about as strident and virulent a racist and anti-constitutionalist as you can find? Or keep going back in the other direction to the aforementioned toilet attendant and you get for all intents and purposes a Garland clone to one degree or another. Same deal with any and every other agency, bureau and department in that town.
At the end of the day, none of this matters, at least in the short term. Even if these revelations, filtered as they no doubt will be by the propaganda house organs, do get between the ears of the uninformed low-info crowd and it does manage to effect the elections – assuming their votes can combine with ours to overcome the expected repeat of the cheat of 2020 – another term of Trump, DeSantis, Ramaswamy or even zombie Augusto Pinochet will not be able to effectively overcome the system that is now firmly cemented in place: The Leviathan.
For that, a revolution will be required. Hopefully, it’s as peaceful with as little if any bloodshed as possible. Likely it will not be, just as the outcome is very much in doubt. Still, even these hearings are crucial if for no other reason than to get things out in the open and on the record.
They say that collapse happens gradually, then all at once. Perhaps it can apply politically as well.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- “Policymakers believe the state, not parents, holds authority over children when it comes to sex and gender issues—but families are pushing back.” California’s War On Parents
- “Every aspect of our lives is monitored, and everything we do or consume is rationed.” The Hidden Agenda Behind Lockdowns
BIDEN CRIME FAMILY REVELATIONS
- “You, sir, also need to be impeached.” GOP Rep Hammers Garland Over Biden Push To Get Ukrainian Prosecutor Fired
- Miranda Devine missed the boat on this, in that her entire piece centers on the premise that Garland is a clueless incompetent boob, unaware of his underlings’ persecution of the Left’s political enemies when in point of fact he is a, if not the central figure in it – jjsIgnorant, Pathetic Merrick Garland Wilts on the Hot Seat seat Before Congress
- “Though he revealed little about the investigation, Garland aggressively defended his handling of the probe.” Garland Invokes ‘Internal Deliberations’ To Avoid Discussing Hunter Biden Probe
- “I don’t recollect the answer to that question but the FBI works for the Justice Department — ,” Garland said in reply. “I’m sorry,” Johnson interjected. “You don’t recollect whether you talked to anyone at FBI headquarters about an investigation into the [spurious] president’s son?” Garland responded, “I don’t believe that I did.” Garland Testifies He Can’t ‘Recollect’ Contact With FBI HQ About Hunter Biden Probe
- “As Congress readies impeachment hearings, will questions of dishonesty push Biden from the 2024 presidential race?” As Impeachment Inquiry Looms, Half Say Biden’s Been Dishonest About Foreign Deals: I&I/TIPP Poll
- Margot Cleveland: “Elvis Chan is first in line to untangling how the government interfered in the 2020 election by lying that Hunter Biden’s laptop was Russian disinformation.” What Congress Should Ask The FBI Agent Involved In Censoring Hunter Biden Laptop Story
SHAMPEACHMENT 1.0, 2016 CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION
- “Notably, Hutchinson did not make these claims during her testimony to the January 6 Committee. She mentioned Giuliani only once during her two closed-door depositions to the committee in Sep. 2022, recalling that he had been in a meeting with the president in the Oval Office.” Discredited January 6 Witness Cassidy Hutchinson Claims Giuliani Groped Her
- “Now that one of the 2 million Democrat prosecutors chasing Donald Trump has filed a court motion to make it illegal for him to talk about the election, is it okay to laugh anytime Joe Biden frames 2024 as a referendum on ‘democracy?’” Joe Biden Claims ‘Democracy Is At Stake’ As His Party Does Everything To Prevent Democracy From Happening
CIVIL WAR 2.0: J-6 FBI FALSE FLAG “RIOT” & AFTERMATH, LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- “You may have just perjured yourself.” Massie Goes After Garland Over Jan. 6 Statements
- “Those in Washington D.C. — whether they’re politicians or higher ups in government agencies — really know how to spin a line of bullshit, don’t they?” Pull the Other One! AG Garland Denies There’s a Two-Tiered Justice System
- “The delay in his charging, and the lone misdemeanor count of disorderly conduct, fuels theories.” (Dude, the FBI admitted there were so many of their plants at the Capitol they lost count! – jjs) Was Ray Epps a Jan. 6 Fed Conspirator?
- “It became very clear after I started that this was exploitative and other faculty experienced the same and worse.” Staffers at Ibram X. “Krement” Kendi’s Crumbling ‘Anti-Racist’ Think Tank Accuse Him of Being Exploitative
- Johnson, referencing Garland’s time on the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals, asked if he ever had the opportunity to travel on a billionaire-funded private jet to an “exotic location” — a not-so-veiled reference to expense-paid trips Thomas took with longtime friend and billionaire real estate developer Harlan Crow. When Johnson continued pressing beyond Garland’s initial “no,” Garland said he wasn’t interested in answering these kinds of questions. (The contrast in the life, achievement and character of Clarence Thomas and Hank Johnson is about as stark as can be – jjs) Dem Rep’s Attempted ‘Gotcha’ Questions On Clarence Thomas Backfire Spectacularly After Merrick Garland Fails To Answer
- . . . last year, DHS set up a Ministry of Truth, er “Disinformation Governance Board,” to ID “harmful info” to be acted on by government. It picked disinfo “expert” Nina Jankowicz, who’d herself pushed whoppers about Russia-Trump collusion and labeled The Post’s Hunter Biden reports “disinformation.” Brennan, Clapper and Kolbe will fit right in at DHS; as for the department’s claim they’ll help on real issues, like terrorism and fentanyl, don’t be surprised if that turns out to be disinfo, too. Spies Who Lie Will Fit in Great with Team Biden’s DHS’s Serial Liars
- “I only point out that the animal scum and his accomplice are minorities, because if these were white kids hitting and killing a black man, every race hustler and establishment media outlet would’ve made this top priority for their agendas.” Kill-and-Run! Minority Teens “Allegedly” Intentionally Hit White Retired Police Chief, “Yeah, Hit His Ass”
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- “Sorry, media machine. Your credibility is long gone.” Don’t Bother Me About Russell Brand Until You Start Believing Tara Reade
- “No questions asked.” The Corporate Media Gets its Orders on Impeachment
- The employees argue they wore BLM attire to protest workplace racism, such as when the grocery store offered ‘free food to police during the time of a protest against police brutality,’ which left black employees ‘concerned for their safety.’ Amazon’s Whole Foods Argues SCOTUS Website Designer Ruling Allows Company to Fire Employees for Wearing BLM Attire at Work
- The hackers followed up the post with several others, including one saying “Fuck @JoeBiden Stupid Ass N*gga” – possibly in an attempt to get the account banned. Don Jr’s X Account Hacked, Falsely Announces Death of Former President
- David Harsanyi: “The real problem with the DOJ’s corrupt behavior is that even if Musk had engaged in wrongdoing, we would have absolutely no reason to trust that the criminal-justice system is acting as an independent or good-faith arbiter of the law. Those are the consequences of the DOJ spending years targeting political opponents and protecting friends and family. Musk, the world’s richest man, can afford to hire lawyers and defend himself against the DOJ persecution. But these kinds of investigations aren’t only meant to intimidate him — they’re meant to intimidate anyone who gets out of line.” Biden DOJ Targeting of Elon Musk is Intimidation, Pure and Simple
- “Yes, CNN is so broken, its new chief, Mark Thompson, is the guy who oversaw the BBC while the BBC’s top star, Jimmy Savile, was on a child-raping spree. Thompson claims he knew nothing about the rumors about Savile that had been churning for years. Yeah, right. No word yet if Jake ‘Virtuous’ Tapper will quit in outrage over the very idea of working for a man credibly accused of shielding a serial child rapist.” Disgraced CNN Hits All-Time Weekend Ratings Low
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “While an electric vehicle may bear the logo of Ford, Chevy, or Chrysler, its core components were probably made in China with Chinese labor and Chinese materials. Two of the Big Three automakers are losing massive amounts of money on electric vehicles. Ford, for example, loses $32,000 on every EV they sell. These losses lead to lower wages for workers, fewer auto jobs being available, and higher prices for consumers.” J.D. Vance to Striking Auto Workers: Biden Agenda ‘Explicitly Designed’ to Offshore Your Jobs
- “It’s been bad enough for him, with his lousy poll numbers and many begging him to drop out or else cut Kamala Harris loose in the hopes of saving his 2024 presidential campaign. But Biden thinks that he can convince the public he’s the greatest president for the economy in history.” Huge New Bidenomics Fail Threatens Joe Biden’s 2024 Campaign
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, DEMOCRAT-LEFT WAR ON FOSSIL FUELS, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “The [so-called quote-unquote “president”] is furthering the Green New Deal agenda by copying FDR.” Biden’s Wannabe Roosevelt Move
- “I suspect their appeal will fail as well, especially as the hearing is being held in the state courts, which are generally very sympathetic to SpaceX and the economic rebirth it has brought to south Texas.” Environmentalists appeal dismissal of their lawsuit against the FAA and SpaceX
- “Concerns arise over solar panel safety due to fires. EV battery incidents continue as well.”Green Energy Is on Fire – Literally
- “The 20mph blanket speed limit in Wales is a mindless nod to ‘climate crisis’ nonsense and safetyism hysteria that won’t even save lives and is just another giant feeding frenzy on the poor.” (I think it’s kilometers, and that’s actually even worse at 12.5mph! – jjs) Utter Lunacy
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- “A vote for President Trump means Joe Biden’s horror show at the southern border ends at high noon on Inauguration Day, 2025,” the remarks read, as Trump touts how he did more to secure the border in his first term than “any president in history.” (I say tart with the entire federal workforce and then you can round up the wetbacks – jjs) Donald Trump Promises the ‘Largest Domestic Deportation Operation in American History’
- “The program will allow 242,700 an existing temporary protection designation in addition to roughly 472,000 Venezuelans expected to qualify for the new designation to receive work permits and stay in the U.S. without fear of removal, DHS said. Venezuelans qualifying for the program must have arrived before July 31.” (Want to bet the overwhelming majority are military-age males who are hardened Chavez-istas? – jjs) Biden DHS Clears Path For Thousands Of Migrants To Find Work In US Amid Wave Of Border Crossings
- “Cities that urged immigrants to ‘join us’ during Trump presidency have become ‘literally full’ on Biden’s watch.” WATCH: ‘Sanctuary’ Dems Decide They Don’t Love Migrants So Much After All
- “The overwhelming majority of migrants who ended up in New York have been sent by the federal government directly from the border to Manhattan. Abbott’s Operation Lone Star is not to blame for the crisis in New York. Joe Biden and his border policies are responsible.” (Though Staten Island is probably the most solidly or consistently red borough of all five, this is still something – jjs) 10 Arrested as Staten Island Protesters Block Bus Full of Migrants
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “Lopez is being held at the Dallas County Jail on a $1 million bail and the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency has lodged a detainer against him, requesting custody.” (What will he do after he gets released the tenth time? – jjs) Nine-Time Deported Illegal Alien Accused of Murdering Roommate, Shooting Police Officer
- “Good for her.” Police Find Designer’s Clothes at Home of Psycho Pervert Ex-Energy Official Sam Brinton
- “Likely, when the culprit or culprits are caught, we will learn that there should already have been arrests and imprisonment. When law and order are ignored, it is the innocent who will suffer. Whoever committed those atrocities would not give a second thought to laws or even a new federal agency. And they have even less regard for human life.”Police: A Quadruple Murder in an Illinois Suburb ‘Not Random’
- “Chemirmir, 50, was serving life in prison without parole after he was twice found guilty of capital murder by Dallas County juries. He was accused of killing 20 other women in Dallas and Collin counties and still faced charges in those cases.” Good News: Serial Killer Billy Chemirmir ‘Killed by Cellmate’ in Texas Prison
AMERICA AND THE WORLD IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS AND FACTS
- “Whistleblower testimony before Congress asserts that the CIA offered ‘significant monetary incentives’ (translation: generous bribes) to the six out of its seven [Chinese] COVID-19 analysts supporting the lab-leak hypothesis to switch to the zoonotic hypothesis.”Did the CIA Offer Bribes to its own Analysts Regarding Chinese COVID?
- “Lying to people won’t help them.” Is the World Finally Realizing ‘Long [Chinese] COVID’ Is a Harmful Fraud?
- “Joseph Ladapo has not protected the lives of the population he serves.” (Quite the opposite, in fact. Apologies for this dreck – jjs) Florida’s Deranged Surgeon General is a Menace to Public Health
- The modern American formula of the old English expression is, “Once you take the Danegeld, you’ll never be rid of the Dane.” Folks in Wyoming seem to understand this, and they’re learning in this one small way to do without. If more states would follow, we might even see a return to the federalism envisioned by the Founders. Wyoming Schools to Biden: MOLON LABE!
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- “The unions and their leaders are more agenda-driven, anti-parent, and hypocritical than ever.” The Year in Teacher Union Double Dealing
- “WKU should know better than to run educational and career programs that exclude students based on race.” Western Kentucky U Race-Based Scholarships Challenged by Equal Protection Project
- “Donald Trump has, nonetheless, been deft in turning the tables on bloodthirsty Democrats.” How Lindsey Graham Sabotaged the Pro-Life Movement Post Dobbs
- “Abortion is exposing a split between traditional conservatives and the populist voters who form Trump’s base.” Trump is an Abortion Realist
THE 2020 AND 2022ELECTION HEISTS & AFTERMATH
- “Gov. Josh Shapiro announced on Tuesday that Pennsylvania will be implementing automatic voter registration through its Department of Transportation.” Pennsylvania’s Switch To Automatic Voter Registration Is ‘Inconsistent’ With State Law, Election Experts Say
- “23 states plus D.C. has [sic] this system. Does it shock you that most of the states on the list are blue? I’m not.” Kamala Harris Gushes Over Pennsylvania Implementing Automatic Voter Registration
DEMOCRAT/LEFTIST AND RINO SCANDALS, MESHUGAS, CHUTZPOCRISY
- “Constituencies Democrats count on to turn out on Election Day may go in the opposite direction on this issue, poll finds.” POLL: Majority Say Virginia Porn Candidate Should Drop Out, Including Democrats and Women
- “[Democrat] Brandon Presley suggested politicians who use private planes to campaign are not on ‘the side of the people.'” (And “Brandon” proves it! – jjs) Mississippi Gubernatorial Hopeful Quietly Deletes Photo From Private Plane After Decrying Private Plane Travel
- “While their wives rage against capitalism, they’re getting rich.” Meet the Real Househusbands of the “Squad”
- “Leftist hypocrisy on full display.” Lauren Boebert and Double Standards
- He wrote: “HANDS OFF, BIDEN!” – just kidding – jjs Trump Autographs Woman’s Shirt in Iowa Bar
- Charlie Kirk: “Even if you trade the world for your soul, how incompetent must you be if you can’t even keep the world? Because the way it looks, that’s exactly what the Biden [junta] is doing.” Here’s Everything Biden Has Lost Since Being Installed in Office
- “Lake’s intention to run has had an effect on the Republican field for the seat currently held by Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (I-Ariz.), with Blake Masters, the state’s 2022 Senate nominee, appearing to postpone his entry into the race after initially preparing to do so in September.” Kari Lake to Launch AZ Senate Bid
- “[Biden’s] completely turned his back on the state. Everybody realizes it,” says Sununu. “I think a lot of folks realize we’re an independent-minded state, tend to be a little more Republican, and that’s why there could be a very strong possibility this state goes Republican in November.” (Going red is meaningless if it goes RINO, like Sununu – jjs)‘Very Strong Possibility’ New Hampshire Goes Red in 2024
THE UKRAINIAN “FRONT”
- “Simply put: We have no extra money to send to Ukraine.” Sen. Rand Paul Op-Ed: The Federal Government Should Not Be Held Hostage for Ukraine Funding
- “A recent CNN poll showed a majority of Americans oppose more U.S. aid for Ukraine.”“Vanilli” Milley: Ukraine Fight Can Be Sustained Since ‘The United States, Allied Countries Are Rich’
- “Until the Biden [junta] answers Sen. J.D. Vance’s questions, Republicans should prevent sending a single dollar to Ukraine.” The ‘Peacemaker’ Hit List
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- Caroline Glick: “This is what the haters from the Israeli left and their progressive friends in the US have prepared to humiliate @IsraeliPM in San Francisco. This isn’t about judicial reform. It is about criminalizing the people of Israel for electing a government these fanatics don’t control.” Democrat-linked PR Firm Does Not Deny Role in Anti-Netanyahu Protests in U.S.
- “. . .the logic of the Abraham Accords — which the Saudis tacitly backed during the Trump administration — had been that ‘Palestinians’ do not have a veto over progress. And MBS appeared to agree. MBS denied reports that he had broken off talks with Israel, and said that negotiations were making progress. ‘Every day we get closer,’ he said.” MBS Does Not Mention “‘Palestinian’ State” as Condition for Peace with Israel
- In an effort to remind the attendees opting to hear the “Butcher of Tehran’s” speech of his mass murders of Iranian journalists and women, Erdan held up a sign of the slain Mahsa Amini that read “IRANIAN WOMEN DESERVE FREEDOM NOW,” before abruptly exiting the hall. UN Security Detains Israeli Ambassador After He Protests Iranian President’s Speech at General Assembly
- David Harsanyi: “Democrats keep appeasing the world’s leading terror state.” Paying Iranian Terrorists Billions In Ransom Is Nothing To Brag About, Mr. [spurious] President
- “May we soon see the United Nations become a true organization committed to world peace, or when we see the United States withdraw completely from it. In either event, may the time come soon when the world is committed to peace and to the support of the two great democracies in the world: the United States and Israel.” What Will It Take for the World to Admit That the UN Hates Israel – and America?
- “Appeals to national security and traditional values aren’t enough.” (Another fool claiming we have to become socialist to preserve conservatism. Shove it – jjs) Israel’s Lessons for Right Populists
- “India kicked out a Canadian diplomat in retaliation for Canada’s murder allegation and expulsion of an Indian diplomat.” (I think India should invade and liberate Canada – jjs)Tensions Continue to Flare Between Canada and India
- “The Chinese of today no doubt view the opioid crisis in America as poetic (and convenient) justice for past sins.” The New Opium Wars
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- Tuberville, a former college football coach, took a victory lap after Schumer announced the votes on Wednesday. “One of us was bluffing. It wasn’t me,” Tuberville said on his personal account. “Democrats are taking the same action they could’ve taken months ago. As long as the Pentagon keeps the unlawful elective abortion policy in place, my holds will remain.” Schemer Schumer Moves To Confirm Top Military Nominees After Tuberville Calls Audible
- Silence blanketed the room for several seconds before Cheeseman volunteered his perspective. “I don’t think we’re ignoring any specific executive order,” Cheeseman said. “In the Navy we do recognize that diversity can be a force for good as we’re mining talent throughout the country to make sure we have the best and most qualified available. That must be the standard.” (Cheesy double-talk – jjs) Military Leaders Left Speechless After GOP Rep Asks if the Military is Ignoring Biden’s Diversity Order
- “Much like the missing F-35, our nation’s military is lost with no sense of direction or purpose.” (And zero morale and combat readiness – jjs) America’s ‘Rainbow’ Military Is On Track To Lose Another Major War
- “Students for Fair Admissions strikes again! This time challenging affirmative action at the service academies.” Student Group that Won Affirmative Action Case Against Harvard and UNC Sues West Point for its Race-Based Admissions Policy
- Raymond Ibrahim: “Armenia — the first nation in the world to adopt Christianity — is a holdout, a thorn in Islam’s side, and, as such, will never know lasting peace from the Muslims surrounding it — not least as the West has thrown it under the bus.” One Thousand Years of Jihad on the Oldest Christian Nation
- “Izhar Khan, linked to Taliban funding ring and anti-Semitic mosque, replaced by other radical.” (I-KEEEEEEEL-YOU!!!! > I-Keel-You! – jjs) Controversial Imam Out as Head of Muslim Federation Imams Council
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE COURTS, WASTE/FRAUD/ABUSE
- “No government checks without real checks on government branches gone rogue. Or as one prominent publication puts it: ‘Civics 101.’” Civics 101: Legislators with “The Power of the Purse” Want to Use It
- “If they finish High Speed Rail in the Central Valley it will be an economic disaster, if they don’t it will be an environmental disaster.” California’s HSR Scar
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “What makes this project interesting is its use of an aerospike engine, a rocket-engine concept that has been around for decades but never successfully implemented. If successful here, it will make the engines of Polaris’ spaceplane very efficient.” German space plane company completes test program of prototype
- …when Swift and his students studied Dimorphos one month after the impact, the asteroid seemed to have slowed by an additional minute — suggesting it had been slowing continuously since the collision. “The number we got was slightly larger, a change of 34 minutes,” Swift told New Scientist. “That was inconsistent at an uncomfortable level.”High School students discover new orbital changes from asteroid impacted by DART
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- Meh, John Q. Sack ” . . . also blasted Trump’s supporters for voting for, in his words, a “mentally ill, virus-spreading, child-abducting Nazi rapist.” He makes Joy Behar sound like Victor Davis Hanson by comparison. John Cusack Says Democrat Elite “Sold Out the Working Class for Decades”: “They’re Full of Shit
- “Only those identities defined by ‘oppression’ are useful enough to be celebrated.”Another Month Set Aside for Politicized History
- Daniel Greenfield: “And a Pakistani Muslim 009.” Woke James Bond Novels Replace Him With Disabled Black Gay Superspy
- “The female model appears to have undergone a double mastectomy, a procedure frequently done when women who identify as men have their breasts removed to look less feminine.” Another Razor Company Slammed After Showcasing Trans Model With Chest Scars
- Christian Toto: “Comedian notes difference between comic exaggerations and playing Victim Card.” Andrew Schulz Mocks Hasan Minhaj’s ‘Emotional’ True Lies
- “The political class is working hard to undermine itself.” Senators Dressed as Rappers: The Left Is Up to Its Old Tricks
- “Yes, growing up with a married mother and father gives kids a leg up in life—even more than it used to.” SHOT: The Two-Parent Advantage
- “Broken down by political affiliation, Republicans are more likely than Democrats to say marriage and parenthood are crucial for a fulfilling life; however, voters from both sides are more likely to prioritize careers and friends.” CHASER: Only 1 in 4 Say Parenthood, Marriage Are Crucial for Fulfilling Life
HITHER & YON
- “One of America’s ‘smelly orthodoxies’ just edged closer to history’s dustbin.” A ‘Magic Bullet’ Loses Luster—Again
- “Is humanity starting off with incentive frameworks for extraterrestrial development (the Outer Space Treaty,) that are likely to take our future space colonies down the path of evil, dehumanizing social forms?” (A review of the latest book by friend of the blog Bob Zimmerman – jjs) Moral Choices and the Colonization of Space
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.