Good morning, kids. At this point, I think I’m all Gay-ed out. But there was a point that I was trying to get across yesterday that I think is crucial and gets to the crux of the biscuit as to the situation we find ourselves in across a whole spectrum of cultural, political and societal fronts. It’s also a not unimportant factor that has driven this nation to the brink of, to put it mildly, an unpleasant divorce.
What Gay’s excusers, and Gay, are primarily doing, however, is avoiding personal responsibility. That’s the underlying principle of Diversity, Inclusion and Equity (DIE) and Critical Race Theory (CRT). Accepting no responsibility means no merit, no standards to attain. No need to perform and no need to apologize. Every failure is someone else’s fault. There are two types of people: oppressors and the oppressed, though there are many sub-victim groups within the latter. Oppressors can do no right, only evil. The Oppressed can do no wrong; they are eternally blameless and no standards of performance or character apply to them. To them, personal responsibility is foreign.
Among the essential lessons one must learn on the way to eventual adulthood is individual responsibility. No one is responsible for our failures, our lies, our excuses and evasions, but us. Refusing to take responsibility forever mires us in childhood and delusion. A nation of self-deluded children contribute to the degredation of America. They apparently also go to Harvard.
Oppressors, primarily white males, are responsible for all evil in the world, and Donald Trump is their Hitlerian leader and inspiration. Only oppressors have the dubious distinction of being personally and collectively responsible for sins, real and imagined. Personally, in that they can be prosecuted for non-crimes. Collectively, in that they’re a class of never-ending political scapegoats for every imaginary wrong the Self-Imagined Elite (SIE) must right, yet never seem to get around to righting. Among those wrongs is hate, and its companion, institutional racism.
Emphasis mine. Do read the whole essay from Mike McDaniel. It’s short but it really touches upon an important aspect of this whole affair that even some of the more estimable commentators have glossed over or missed entirely. The toxic, heinous big lie of “oppressed” and “oppressor” is merely the most current manifestation of the age old strategy of “divide and conquer.” The most hurtful aspect of it is not in its Communist propagation going back a century, but that it was swallowed hook, line and sinker by successive generations of dupes all the way up to the present day. This, despite the fact that since the end of World War 2, “We Have Overcome” both slavery and Jim Crow, not so much by government intervention – without the help of the Democrats since they were the root causes of the problem – but because of gradual, benign societal evolution.
Compare and contrast this with societies and nations around the world that have much longer histories than a few hundred years. Hell, just look at South Africa where a mere 33 years after the end of apartheid, a supposed glorious new era of peace and reconciliation between black and white was supposed to flourish in harmony. What’s there now? An incompetent, corrupt, racialist junta that’s hell bent on driving out the whites while committing national suicide. Sounds familiar, and I don’t necessarily mean Zimbabwe. And this was the country that had a constitution that Ruth Bader-Meinhoff thought was far superior than our own. The one she allegedly devoted her life and career to supposedly defend. It is to laugh, were it not for the emetic effect of that thought.
Yes we had overcome. Unfortunately, as my sainted mother of blessed memory would often caution me “Evil never rests.” America for sure was not perfect. But despite the Left’s memes and shibboleths, this nation is not and should not be defined by its problems and injustices. It is and should be defined by how it overcame them. Along with the initial notion of a government where power was intended to be vested in the individual, this too is what has made us exceptional. Or had.
The record is quite clear: everything wrong with this nation, every crisis, calamity, injustice, all the pain and suffering and dare I say it the source of all the evil is the Leftist-Progressive movement and its political home, the Democrat Party. Yet somehow, they’ve been able to brainwash successive generations into believing not only the opposite, which is bad enough, but that the nation and society itself with which they are supposed to be a part is itself evil and illegitimate.
Claudine Gay being appointed to head Harvard was not merely checking off boxes to be stylish. Her not being qualified for the position was a revolutionary act against a society and system viewed as racist. I’m not sure if they see the irony in that they’ve so brainwashed black youth into hating education that most view it as “acting white.” And you don’t get much whiter than Harvard, but I digress.
This is, of course, insanity. But it serves an evil end which is the attainment of absolute power. “Oppressor” and “oppressed.” The other bitter irony is that those who view themselves as the latter are in fact the former. It’s why “cancel culture” has thrived. Why speaking the truth that men cannot be women and vice versa can get you censored, fired or even worse. Why challenging the results of an election gets you labeled as an “insurrectionist” or worse, lands you in jail in some cases for years awaiting trial for merely showing up to a rally. And on and on and on.
Oppressed and oppressor. “Literally Hitler.” Words like this sometimes are uttered without thinking. But make no mistake. There is a direct line from the twisted logic that put Claudine Gay in the Harvard presidency and worse, in her horrendous resignation letter to the phrase “by any means necessary, whether by promoting the incompetent as means of fighting injustices that no longer exist, or using it as the reason to justify violence. We’re in big trouble, folks.
Have a good weekend, and see you on the hobby thread mañana.
* * * * *
Personal note: Just a gentle reminder if you could to kindly hit the TIP JAR : It helps keep the lights on and whatever you can contribute is greatly appreciated! Note: We are on Stripe, not PayPal.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- “The NAM’s benchmark Cost of Federal Regulations study finds that the total cost of complying with federal regulations in 2022 is an estimated $3.079 trillion (in 2023 dollars), an amount equal to 12% of U.S. GDP and larger than the manufacturing sector’s entire economic output.” Study: DC Mandates Cost Small Biz $50,000 Per Empoyee in 2022
- “Not since 1860 has the nation faced a presidential election so consequential and so fraught with perils. . . Biden’s speech shouldn’t be fobbed off as just red meat thrown to delusional progressives. His handlers are sending a loud signal that Trump must be denied the presidency. Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead. Trump is the new Hitler, Hillary Clinton has proclaimed. Aren’t any lengths justified stopping this fiend?” The Year of Living Dangerously Has Begun
- Robert Spencer: “Biden’s campaign ad is a cynical effort to deceive the American people, and a tacit admission that he has nothing positive to run on — all he can do is engage in demagogic fear-mongering and lies. Expect plenty more.” Biden Drops First Campaign Ad, and It’s as Dishonest and Embarrassing as You’d Expect
- Daniel Greenfield: “Border invasion is our new immigration system.” (And the PLA’s “stealth bomber” – jjs) Wealthy Chinese Migrants are Invading at the Border
ISRAEL AT WAR
- “Zaher Jabarin oversees Hamas’ international fundraising and finances, including securing and transporting funds from Iran into Hamas coffers inside the Gaza Strip. Jabarin conducts his business from Turkey, working out of Hamas office space in Istanbul, according to The Wall Street Journal.” (Time for the weather controllers send some “Jewish lightning” his way. Fuck Turd-ogan – jjs) Hamas “CEO,” Financier of October 7 Attack Living Freely in Turkey
- “Several members of the State Department also demanded the [so-called quote-unquote “president”] call for a ceasefire, according to a November letter. Allies of the president have warned that Biden’s close ties to Israel could cause him to lose the votes of young Americans in the 2024 election.” (Look Fat-ima, GFY – jjs) Biden Education Apparatchik Tariq Habash Quits in Protest of So-Called Quote-Unquote “president’s” Israel Policy
- The New York Times: “Hamas and another Palestinian group fighting Israel used Al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza to command forces and hold some hostages.” Hamas Used Gaza’s Shifa Hospital as Terrorist Command Center, U.S. Intel Confirms
- “Will this desperate country finally see the light?” (Not if it continues to be blindfolded by the Islam – jjs) With its Anti-Israel Moves, Jordan is Cutting Off its Nose to Spite its Face
* * * * *
- “We feel that as Americans, we need to decide if we’re going to be a civilized culture or a savage, barbaric culture and allow for certain groups in the name of free speech to harass other people, to bully other people, to terrorize people in public spaces. That’s not okay. Nobody should be subject to that.” SHOT: Jewish Teen Wearing IDF Jacket Screamed At by Stranger in NJ Mall, Called “White Piece of Shit” – Horrific
- “It appears that concerns regarding the potential electoral consequences of protecting Jewish Americans and enforcing American anti-terrorism laws and/or sympathy for Hamas’ aims are inappropriately biasing the Department’s decision-making,” the organization writes in the complaint. CHASER: Biden Junta Not Investigating Violence and Vandalism by Hamas Supporters, Complaint Alleges
- “If our universities, if America, is to regain its moral center, its preeminence in the world, the acceptance of personal responsibility—restoring merit to its essential, rightful place—is indispensable.” Personal Responsibility and Pouncing Republicans
- Christopher Rufo: “Interview – Danish data scientist Jonatan Pallesen discusses the serious questions that remain about the former Harvard president’s scholarship.” Claudine Gay’s Data Problem
- Victor Davis Hanson: “Harvard may assume the forced resignation of its president, Claudine Gay, has finally ended its month-long scandal over her tenure. . . But Gay’s removal is not the end of Harvard’s dilemma. Rather, it is the beginning.” Harvard — Out of the Frying Pan, Into the Fire
- “Let’s be clear: that an event like this could be possible would once have been as inconceivable as the Pope being excommunicated for being too devoutly Christian. It is a seismic shift in global politics that Harvard – by some accounts, the fons et origo of elite American culture – has been forced to eject the architect of its own surrender to DEI.”POINT: Claudine Gay’s Downfall Proves There is Finally a Way to Make Our Woke Elites Face Accountability (Just go after them – jjs)
- “Don’t get excited thinking this was a victory for morality and values in this country. It’s all about money.” COUNTERPOINT: Harvard’s Claudine Gay Finally Resigns – But Ultimately, It’s a Meaningless Gesture
- Douglas Murray: “Today Gay’s defenders may hide behind big claims. But they are flushed out into the open now, for all to see. As race-hustlers, frauds and hypocrites. America would do well to be rid of them from all such positions.” (And not just in academia – jjs) The Left’s Hypocrisy Over Harvard Laid Bare
- Heather Mac Donald: “The diversity ideology marches on at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.” Unrepentant DEI at MIT
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- “Terror-tied group touts meeting with California governor.” Terror-Affiliated CAIR’s Leader Cheered Hamas’ Terror Attack on Israel. Gavin Newsom is Sitting Down With the Group Anyway.
- Lloyd Billingsley: “Cancelation of speaker Dan Kalb shows ‘how far down the slope we’ve descended.’” Cancel Culture Meets Anti-Semitism at UC Berkeley
COLORADO & MAINE TRUMP 2024 BALLOT BANS
- “It’s clear her support of the effort to disqualify President Trump is partisan and political. She should stick to her day job instead of moonlighting as a Democrat Party campaign operative.” (Gee, what a shock – jjs) Colorado Secretary of State Who Supports Removing Trump From Ballot Attended Private Biden Campaign Fundraiser
- “Maine’s secretary of state unilaterally determined that the entire population of the state should be prevented from casting a ballot for former President Donald Trump in their upcoming primary.” Without a Unanimous SCOTUS Smackdown, Barring Opponents From Ballots Will Be the Norm
SHAMPEACHMENT 1.0, 2016 CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION
- “People are really angry about the weaponization, about a political opponent, about a really dumb person taking the Justice Department [DOJ] — it’s really easy to figure that out because so many other countries do it, but they’re all third-world countries, and they are banana republics — but people are angry about it.” Donald Trump on Jack Smith: “I Think He Feels Like He’s Losing Politically”
- She never reported any of her alleged attackers to the police, instead taking to CNN to describe how rape is “sexy”. Trump Says He’ll Testify in New E Jean Carroll Case
- “The Emoluments Clause was stated in an absolute categorical terms that the president, and no federal official can take any money of any kind whatsoever an emolument or an office or a present or a title from the prince, king, or foreign government without the explicit consent of Congress. Every other president in our history has scrupulously obeyed that command.” (Umm . . . Joe Biden, and every friggin’ one of his underlings?! The gall of this loathsome petri dish of commie horseshit is through the roof – jjs) Raskin: “No Question” Trump Violated the Foreign Emoluments Clause
- “It’s beyond parody that Democrats continue their obsession with former President Trump. Former President Trump has legitimate businesses but the Bidens do not. The Bidens and their associates made over $24 million by cashing in on the Biden name in China, Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, and Romania. No goods or services were provided other than access to Joe Biden and the Biden network,” [Rep James] Comer said in a statement provided to the Daily Caller. Democrat Raskin Releases Trump Corruption Report — With One Big Problem
CIVIL WAR 2.0: J-6 FBI FALSE FLAG “RIOT” & AFTERMATH, LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- “In sharp contrast with legal scholars who readily conflate presidential and administrative power, legitimate presidential powers are now, in fact, at their weakest in history.”Rethinking Presidential Power for the Next Trump Administration
- “Johnson can’t explain how reparations would reduce violent crime, because there is no evidence for this. Reparations are a cash grab. Throwing money at the problem of mostly black-on-black crime in Chicago won’t solve the problem. A stable family and education would.” Chicago Mayor Calls for Reparations to Compensate Descendants of Slaves and Help Reduce Violent Crime (This is in fact state-sponsored mass extortion – jjs)
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- “Britain’s most famous media commentator is also one of its leading apologists for terror.”Owen Jones, “Palestinian” Patsy
* * * * *
- “While it doesn’t appear that she ever wrote an article on the exchange, she did claim, as Ramaswamy said she would, that he ‘refused to condemn white supremacy’ in a post on X/Twitter.” WaPo Hack Who Was Schooled by Ramaswamy Does Exactly What He Said She Would
- The list, which contains a notice that it is “not open for public inspection,” also identifies gay rights activist Tim Gill’s private foundation as a major contributor to Media Matters. Gill is known for working with Colorado Gov. Jared Polis (D.) to bring “dark money” to the state level in the mid-2000s. Media Matters also disclosed the Stephen Silberstein Foundation and the Susan Thompson Buffett Foundation as major contributors in the list. Democrat Megadonors Bankroll Media Matters, Leaked Donor List Shows
- “It epitomizes the tendency to blame the Right for the Left’s obvious failures.” (It’s not a tendency, it’s their SOP – jjs) Washington Post Blames Conservatives for ‘Housing First’ Disaster
- Despite being a critic of her uncle herself, Mary Trump questioned Karem’s judgement, responding: “Pretty sure that last part is unethical and probably illegal.” XiNN Analyst Wants to Put Trump in Alcatraz, Charge Tourists $20 for Selfies
* * * * *
- Robert Zimmerman: “The NLRB’s effort here therefore suggests it is simply joining the Biden [junta’s] war on Musk, which previously involved legal actions or regulatory intransigence from seven different government agencies in eight different cases. The NLRB now makes that eight different agencies and nine different cases.” National Labor Relations Board Files Complaint Against SpaceX
- “Yet another reason for parents to keep kids out of the virtual platform.” A Girl Was Sexually Assaulted in the Metaverse. Does It Count?
- “The technology is the latest demonstration of Mark Zuckerberg’s endless hunger to gather every speck of Facebook users’ personal data.” (Suggestion: Get and/or stay the fuck off of Facebook – jjs) Introducing “Link History,” Facebook’s Ominous Tech for Tracking Your Every Move
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- “But whose open border policies have enabled massive human trafficking?” Comedy Gold! Get This, World’s Top Human Trafficker Biden Declares January as National Human Trafficking Prevention Month
- “As I have been told over and over, whether I am in southern Texas’ Rio Grande Valley, a Miami cafecito shop or a Manhattan bodega, those who made the effort to come here legally (again, the majority of the population and the totality of voters — or so one hopes) are disturbed, even offended, by those who cut the line.” Why Biden’s Support Among Latinos is Tanking — Here’s a Hint: The Border Crisis
- “Roughly 6,500 illegal immigrant children in Utah will qualify for care under the program, Thaiss Del Rio, a health policy analyst at Voices for Utah Children, told Axios of the new law. Utah’s move follows a decision by the state of California to provide health care for illegal immigrants up to the age of 49.” (I smell a Romney – jjs) Red State Gives Taxpayer-Funded Health Care To Illegal Immigrant Children
- I did not watch this interview, but the one thing Brett Boor nor anyone is asking is “Cut the climate change and poverty bullshit; why are you intentionally allowing this invasion in the first place?!” – jjs Mayorkas Dodges on How Many Migrants Are Released, ‘Would Not Surprise Me’ if It’s over 70% of Encounters
- “Boohoo. Cry me a river, Mayor. You wanted to be a sanctuary city. You face nothing compared to what Texas deals with on a daily basis.” Eric Adams Suing Bus Companies Bringing Migrants From Texas to NYC
- “News of the Boxing Day arrest comes as ongoing border crisis increasingly becomes a central focus of the 2024 elections.” A Machete-Wielding Man Arrested at the U.S. Capitol on December 26th is an Illegal Venezuelan Migrant
- “The nebulous network of NGOs and non-profit groups who are facilitating the unchecked flow of illegal immigrants into the United States making it difficult to determine the border crisis’s true cost to American taxpayers. Many of these groups receive generous government grants and act as unofficial extensions of the Biden [junta] – but just how much remains unclear.” (Top of the list if Trump wins is to sue these groups out of existence – jjs)Revealed: O’Keefe’s Migrant Exposé Shows US Taxpayers Funding NGO Run by Former British Foreign Minister Shipping Illegals into America.
- “Watching thousands of illegals daily pour across America’s southern border forces recognition of an important (but unreported) fact.” Invasion Inversion: Turning America Upside-Down
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “An election year cut followed by a rise in inflation and then a new hiking cycle would cement the view that the Fed acted on political motives. Now imagine if Donald Trump wins in November, and the Fed finds itself needing to hike to tamp down inflation. The political firestorm that would result would threaten the Fed’s independence and perhaps even its continued existence.” An Election Year Fed Cut Could Court Political Catastrophe
- “The politics of this election may be fundamentally different. [The] Biden coalition of Hispanics and working folks and African Americans and young people, that coalition is falling apart because of the affordability crisis.” “This Stuff Is Gonna Haunt Biden”: Larry Kudlow Predicts “Crisis” Will Wreck Support For Biden Among Key Voting Blocs
- “In truth, government spending is not inherently efficient or effective.” Three Economic Myths to Put to Rest This Year
- Daniel Greenfield: “’A billion here, a billion there, pretty soon, you’re talking real money,’ Sen. Everett Dirksen had observed in 1962. That year the federal budget crossed $100 billion for the first time in history. Today, $100 billion (or more accurately $110 billion) is what the Fed is spending to cover cash losses. No one has really paid much attention because $110 billion is hardly money anymore. The new motto is ‘a trillion here, a trillion there, pretty soon, you’re talking real money.’” Every American Owes $100,000 in the National Debt
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, DEMOCRAT-LEFT WAR ON FOSSIL FUELS, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “In response, German Farmers’ unions to demonstrate nationwide Jan. 8-15.” German Officials Ignore Farmers’ Protests to Save Agricultural Fuel Tax Exemptions
- “One would think that the Biden [junta] would respect the wants and needs of the car-buying public.” (If they were sane, logical and pro-American, sure – jjs) Collapse Of Used EV Market Spells Doom For Biden’s Electric Car Dreams
- Power hungry politicians and stupidity increases inflation, nothing less and nothing more.”California’s Electric Semi [Truck] Mandate Takes Effect, Leaving and Expensive Mess for the Truckers and Taxpayers
- “The financial relationship between Plug Power and Generate could raise new questions for Shah, who is already facing scrutiny from Congress over his links to other companies that have received funding from his office.” (Another 10% for the Big Guy! – jjs) Biden’s Energy Loan Czar Was a Major Investor in a Near-Bankrupt Energy Company. That Company is Set to Receive $1.5 Billion From His Office
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- . . . based on the left-wing rag Mother Jones‘s number of how many mass shootings have taken place, “2.83 percent of mass shooters have been committed by transgender people, which means that transgender people are nearly five times as likely to be mass shooters as non-transgender people.” In reality, it’s probably higher because these calculations assume that we know the “gender identity” of every mass shooter in the incidents cataloged. Hopefully, instead of covering up the truth, we will finally start to address the fact that transgenderism is a mental illness. The Iowa School Shooter Was an LGBTQ+ Activist
- “It’s kind of normal for us now, which is kind of sad to say. I’m kind of like desensitized to it because it happens so often, but this was kind of like, the last straw. I’m not too sure what to do about it.” Watch: “Street Takeover” Mob Robs, Destroys Compton Mom-and-Pop Bakery
- “The ultimate lesson: if at all possible, avoid any kind of confrontation, deadly or not.” The Houston Taqueria Shooting: Reason or Emotion?
AMERICA AND THE WORLD IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS AND FACTS
- “The agency has no way of knowing how much of the $426 million went to eligible Oregon recipients and how much was sent to landlords, renters and non-eligible recipients in error,” read the audit. (Goniffed, typical government incompetence, or was some/much/all of it funneled to Antifa and BLM? – jjs) Oregon Lost Track of $426 Million in Federal Pandemic Funds for Emergency Rental Assistance
- “Between 2020 and 2022, Americans an estimated 60 million firearms. Compared to two decades ago, gun sales in the US have nearly doubled. The recent spike in sales appears to be fueled by concerns [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Joe Biden and Congressional Democrats would work to put new restrictions on gun purchases and ownership through gun-control legislation. Additionally, the Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement’s demand local governments abolish police departments have lead some Americans to to invest in personal protection and firearm self-defense training.” Gun Ownership Up, Homicides Down
- John Lott: “People in most states don’t think twice about concealed carry, but the data shows how out of sync California is with the rest of the country.” California’s New Unconstitutional Concealed-Carry Ban Hurts Black People and Women Most
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- “Higher education can’t simply be reformed with words on paper. It must be defunded.”Texas Universities Skirt New Law Aimed at Dissolving Racist ‘Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion’ on Campuses
THE 2020 AND 2022ELECTION HEISTS & AFTERMATH
- “The ruling collides with the Waukesha County Circuit Court opinion that found Wisconsin Elections Commission guidance allowing ‘curing’ of absentee ballot envelopes defied state election law.” (WI is one of the 3 or 4 states that will likely decide ’24, unless some other state that’s in the bag somehow goes Trump – js) Leftist Judge Strikes Blow To Election Integrity In Wisconsin With Ballot ‘Curing’ Decision
- Robert Zimmerman: “The numbers however suggest that the country might be swinging so strongly against Biden and the Democrat Party that even its widespread effort to ‘adjust’ election results will be impossible.” Can the Democrats Offend Enough People to Make Even Their Aggressive Election Tampering Impossible?
- “[B]ased on the evidence before [the court], there is insufficient evidence to show voter intimidation or attempted voter intimidation by Defendants against the voters in this case,” Jones wrote. “Not only have Plaintiffs failed to overcome the fact that their actions did not result in any direct voter contact or alone include or direct county Boards of Elections to pursue an eligibility inquiry, but there is no evidence that Defendants’ actions caused (or attempted to cause) any voter to be intimidated, coerced, or threatened in voting.” Court: 2020 Challenges To Georgia’s Voter Rolls Do Not Constitute ‘Voter Intimidation’
DEMOCRAT/LEFTIST AND RINO SCANDALS, MESHUGAS, CHUTZPOCRISY
- “It’s unclear where [Virginia] Giuffre learned of the alleged threats and a former Vanity Faireditor, Graydon Carter told the Telegraph Thursday that: ‘This categorically did not happen.’” (Probably true; all Clenis had to do was ask nicely, if he even had to ask that Leftist rag at all – jjs) Vanity Scare: Bill Clinton Allegedly Stormed into Vanity FairNewsroom, “Threatened” Outlet to Not Run Sex Trafficking Stories Against “Good Friend” Jeffrey Epstein: New Docs
- “The 19 documents, or about 300 pages, were half as many as the over 40 released Wednesday. The documents so far — with more to come — were sprinkled with names of celebrities and politicians who socialized with Epstein or worked with him in the years before he was publicly accused nearly two decades ago of paying underage girls for sex.” (NB: The link is to Breitbart but they just cut and pasted this from the AP, which you’ll see treads lighter than Kwai-Chang Cain on rice paper – jjs) With More Records, World Sees How Jeffrey Epstein Leveraged Powerful to Abuse Vulnerable Girls
- “If you want to know about the cover-up of Epstein and his famous alleged child molesters, check out this video of reporter Amy Robach. Remember, this was shot on a hot mic years ago [linked in the article]. There are still a lot of questions regarding Epstein and his ‘associates’ that need to be answered — perhaps more now.” Who Is and Isn’t on Epstein’s List, and What does it Mean? We’ve Got the Names.
- “There’s no evidence whatsoever that Nixon knew in advance about it or ever approved the Watergate break-in.” 4 of the 8 Watergate Burglars Were Still on the Payroll of the CIA
- “So, look, we have some very good people—the same people you know,” Trump said. “They’re good people. We have some people that would like me to run with certain others. Maybe I can’t do that because you have to go with what your gut tells you. Winning is very important. Look, if we don’t win this, I think this country is finished. I actually do.” Donald Trump: Who Gets Vice Presidential Nod “Has Never Made a Difference” in Election Outcome (Palin potentially could have bucked that were it not for McCain’s sabotaging himself – jjs)
- “While the Teamsters have endorsed Republican presidential candidates in the past – notably Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush – relations between the union and Republicans have cooled since the mid-1990s. During the 2016 and 2020 presidential elections, union leaders overwhelmingly backed Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden, respectively. Rank-and-file union members however, shifted to the political right in both election cycles – drawn to Donald Trump’s opposition to free trade and mass immigration, as well as his support for re-shoring American jobs and restoring the country’s manufacturing sector.” Trump Meets With Teamsters Boss Sean O’Brien Ahead of Rank-and-File Member Event
- Ben Shapiro: “. . . Biden is going to have to actually succeed in order to win. The only thing that might save him would be… you know, good things happening in America. But his own policies prevent just that.” In 2024, Trump Has the Advantage
- David Marcus: “This desire to extend the era of Obama, explains more than anything else why the Democrats will not sanction any challenge to Biden, despite his obvious electoral deficiencies. . . So long as Joe Biden is the nominee, then win or lose, the Democrats remain the party of Obama, at least in the short term.” Why the “Party of Obama” is Stuck with Bumbling Biden
- “Republican Rep. Blaine Luetkemeyer of Missouri has announced his retirement from the House of Representatives. The House Republican Conference’s majority will have decreased by three seats after Bill Johnson of Ohio’s resignation on Jan. 21, which was preceded by that of Kevin McCarthy of California and the expulsion of George Santos of New York.” (I smell GOPe sabotage – jjs) Another GOP Congressman Announces His Retirement
- “All that spending may not be enough to overcome these unforced errors that Haley is making. She continues to engage in the most unfortunate self-sabotage imaginable.” Nikki Haley Managed to Insult All of Iowa’s GOP Voters With 1 Weird Trick
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- Iranian officials and proxies, like Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah of Lebanon, blamed the U.S. and Israel for ordering or perpetrating the attack. On Thursday, the Islamic State issued a statement on Telegram saying two of its members “activated their explosive vests” at the ceremony for Soleimani. Islamic State Claims Responsibility for Iran Bombings
- Fred Fleitz: “As we approach the 2024 U.S. presidential election, the Middle East will become more unstable, and Iran will get closer to having a nuclear weapon.” Iran’s Nuclear Weapons Program is Accelerating Because of Joe Biden
* * * * *
- “Brazil gets nervous as Venezuela will hold military exercises off its shores in response.”British Warship Arrives in Guyana, Amid Ongoing Border Dispute with Venezuela
- “Ortega has aligned his country with Beijing in Cold War II.” (I’d say so has Biden but it’s not so much aligned as surrendered – jjs) Back to the Future With Nicaragua
- “There’s not much point in saying, ‘We know he’s a monster, he’s unprincipled, he’s a misogynistic fraud and liar and destroyer of constitutions.’ The reality is: he will be there. We have to find ways of engaging with the US if Trump is elected,” said Westmacott, who served as British ambassador to the U.S. from 2012 to 2016. UK Globalists Call for ‘Secret Plan’ Crisis Talks to Thwart Trump’s 2nd Term
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- “British defense company BAE Systems announced Thursday it would restart production lines for the main structure of the weapon for the U.S. Army at a preliminary contract of $50 million and hopes to begin producing full weapons. The new parts, set to be delivered by 2025, will primarily be used to refurbish existing M777s [Howitzers] operating in Ukraine, the WSJ reported, citing a person familiar with the matter.” (See CBD’s rant yesterday on our complete lack of arms production capability – jjs) US Revives Production of Iconic Weapon After Seeing Its Performance in Ukraine
HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE
- “Hospital lobbyists are pushing a legally dubious, billion-dollar boondoggle on Georgia lawmakers and taxpayers.” Georgia’s Proposed Medicaid Expansion is the Wrong Solution for the Wrong Problem
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “This data proves there is weather on such alien planets, even if that weather is so alien we really don’t understand it in the slightest based on the available data on hand.” Hubble Detects Changes in Atmosphere of Exoplanet
- “Nils Fossae is a region on Mars where orbital data has suggested the existence of lots of minerals. In fact, it is considered one of several areas on Mars with the highest concentrations of minerals, thus making it of great value to future colonists.” (Vietnamese-Navajo chieftain sez “bad ju-ju, white man!” – jjs) The Mining Potential of Mars
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- “I’d love a second opportunity to do things better.” “Not Having Casual Sexual Relationships Anymore”: Trevor Bauer Speaks Out After Apparent #MeToo Fraud
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- If I were a suspicious type, I’d say that we’re seeing a smokescreen being pumped out to try and distract/obfuscate the crimes of a shit-ton of top Leftists and/or falsely try to implicate Trump – jjs Whoopi “Fat Albert Speer” Goldberg Says There’s a “Fake” Epstein List — And She’s On It
- Meltzer explained that his inspiration for the book series, which will highlight some normal people as well as figures like Oprah Winfrey and Supreme Court Justice Sonya Sotomayor, was to give his kids “better heroes to look up to.” (A ham and swiss with mustard and mayo – jjs) NBC Fawns Over New Children’s Book About Ruth Bader “Meinhoff” Ginsburg
HITHER & YON
- “I looked into the Bronze Age and found it eerily familiar.” Hittite America
- Christian Toto: “Robert Orlando’s film explores our endless fascination with the garment.”The Shroud: Face to Face Doc Lands Distribution Deal
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.