Good morning, kids. Start of a new week and of course the panic-cum-Democrat-pimped-Trump-kryptonite that is the coronavirus outbreak tops the news, so let’s get with it. First up, the second reported US death occurred at a Kirkland, WA nursing home with the total number of cases so far at 89, as of this post. Again, it has to be emphasized that although the virus has spread virtually around the world now, due in large part to a toxic mix of mass global travel, open borders policies and the dangerous, and manifestly irresponsible communist Chinese government (and our own Deep State as I will explain), all exacerbated by the relatively long incubation period before symptoms manifest themselves, the lethality of this virus is in the ballpark of common influenza, and nowhere near as dangerous to healthy individuals as SARS, MERS, H1N1 and ebola. Yet the media still persists in both ginning up panic to make headlines, and more specifically to make up almost exclusively 100% anti-Trump headlines.
The President and his team have so far been both pitch perfect in keeping the public informed, despite relentless media attacks and obfuscations, as well as taking action where warranted and as is their responsibility to mitigate both the spread and the impact of the virus here at home. On a positive note, the administration’s decision in early January to institute travel restrictions on China when we first learned about the outbreak has been a major factor and success in so far keeping this thing in check, when compared to what’s going on in the rest of the world.
Unfortunately, as Daniel Greenfield reports, an Obama-era saboteur – who is still embedded deep within the bureaucracy – might be a major factor in why the virus was able to come here in the first place:
… The truth about disaster relief and pandemic management is that it hasn’t changed much between administrations. The Bush administration dealt with SARS in much the same way that the Obama administration addressed swine flu. And the Trump administration is doing most of the same things. That’s because the actual decisions are being made by bureaucrats based on existing protocols.
The best example of this was the decision to fly back infected American passengers from the Diamond Princess. This fateful decision helped spread the virus inside the United States. President Trump had been told that nobody with the coronavirus would be flown to America. The State Department decided to do it anyway without telling him and only made the announcement shortly after the planes landed in the United States.
According to the Washington Post, as unfriendly an outlet to the administration as there is, “Trump has since had several calls with top White House officials to say he should have been told, that it should have been his decision and that he did not agree with the decision that was made.”
Who in the State Department actually made the decision? That’s a very good question…
… Dr. William Walters is still on duty. In 2017, Walters was boasting of prepping more Ebola evacuations even over President Trump’s opposition to the practice. And he was once again at the wheel now. “The question was simply this: Are these evacuees?” Walters explained the decision to evacuate coronavirus patients to the United States. “And do we follow our protocol? And the answer to that was yes on both accounts.” Consulting President Trump was not part of the protocol even on a major national security issue.
In a Congressional briefing, Walters boasted that, “the Department executed the largest non-military evacuation of U.S. citizens in its history. The safe and efficient evacuation of 1,174 people from Wuhan, China and people onboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship in Japan is a testament to the agility, proficiency, and dedication of our workforce to accomplishing our core mission – advancing the interests of the American people.” And the triumph of the administrative state and its bureaucratic protocols over the President.
At a State Department briefing, Walters stated that, “The chief of mission, right, through the U.S. embassy, is ultimately the head of all executive branch activities.” That is the problem. Right there…
Once again we are faced with an unelected, virtually unaccountable fourth branch of government that is acting as a rogue government contra to the authority vested in the President and the will of the people that elected him; and this time, with literal life and death consequences to every citizen, legal and otherwise. Mercifully, we’re not dealing with nightmare bugs like ebola or H1N1. Oh, wait a second…
…Though he lamented being called a “racist” for doing so, Trump says if he hadn’t hardened the U.S. borders at that point, the virus would have had gained a bigger foothold in the country.
Now, let’s go to the Wayback Machine. In April of 2009, the H1N1 became a pandemic. But it wasn’t until six months later, October, that then-President Obama declared a public health emergency on what was already a pandemic. By that time, the disease had infected millions of Americans and more than 1,000 people had died in the U.S.
CNN reported at the time: “Since the H1N1 flu pandemic began in April, millions of people in the United States have been infected, at least 20,000 have been hospitalized and more than 1,000 have died, said Dr. Thomas Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention”…
… But wait, there’s more.
According to Virology Journal, the 2009 H1N1 came into the U.S. from Mexico:
“The swine-origin influenza A (H1N1) virus that appeared in 2009 and was first found in human beings in Mexico, is a reassortant with at least three parents. Six of the genes are closest in sequence to those of H1N2 ‘triple-reassortant’ influenza viruses isolated from pigs in North America around 1999-2000.”
Now, about that “racist” wall…
That’s right, folks. Donald Trump is an incompetent idiot and a racist who will wipe out Americans with the plague while excluding poor “dreamers” from jumping the border, or something. And yet right here in black and white we have examples of Barack Obama and his merry band of nation-destroyers sitting on their hands while potential plague-like pathogens were virtually hand delivered and released on an unsuspecting populace. How’s that for “hope and change?”
Again, this administration is doing all it can to mitigate the effects of the virus as well as halt further cases from entering the country and exacerbating the situation. Travel bans to virus hotspots have been instituted and of course a massive entry point, the southern border, has been called for. I cannot wait for the open borders crowd to try and complain about that one. Meanwhile, nearest I can surmise, Dow futures and European stocks are slated for a rebound today on hopes that the Fed and other central banks will institute rate cuts as a means to pump things up. Fingers crossed. Keep calm and “covfefe” on.
CORONAVIRUS, FICTIONS AND FACTS
- New Coronavirus Cases Reported in Rhode Island, Illinois
- Greenfield: An Obama Holdover in an Obscure Government Arm Helped Cause the Country’s Coronavirus Crisis
- Fact-Check: Obama Waited Until “Millions” Infected and 1,000 Dead in US Before Declaring H1N1 Emergency
- HHS Sec Azar: Coronavirus Risk Remains “Low” in US
- The Coronavirus Numbers Are Not Quite What They Seem
- Coronavirus: When All Else Fails, Try Reason
- Trump, Pence Confirm First Coronavirus Death in US, Announce Travel Restrictions to Iran, Italy, South Korea
- US State Department Issues “Do Not Travel” Advisory for Two Italian Regions
- White House Mulls Travel Restrictions Along Southern Border
- Trump Rips Politicized Coverage of Coronavirus Crisis, Defends Administration’s Response
- Dr. Marc Siegel on Coronavirus: I’ve Never Seen an Emerging Contagion Handled Better
- Criticisms of Trump’s Coronavirus Response Are Sickening
- Coronavirus Is a Bigger Risk to the Rest of the World Now Than It Is to China
- A Masterful Post Explains Why Coronavirus in China and America May Differ
- Cuck Schemer Deletes Tweet Calling Trump’s Ban to and from China “Premature”
POLITICS, 2020 ELECTION
The big political news over the weekend in the wake of the South Carolina primary is Joe Biden actually winning his first primary ever, including failed campaigns in ’88 and ’08, as well as both Mayor Pete “Puffer” Buttigieg and Tom “Styrene” Steyer dropping out of the running. Undaunted, Elizabeth “Wan” Warren lashed out and despite a campaign fading fast has vowed to go after the farshimmelt Sanders all the way to the convention. Elsewhere, Aimless Klobuchar had to cancel a rally in her home state due to BLM thugs storming the stage, Sandersnista raised some big bucks last month, Biden is now the youngest Democrat candidate at 77 and the pudding/porridge/paste continues seeping out of his brain case right in front of Chris Wallace, his SC victory seemingly ensures a brokered convention, for the first time registered independents outnumber Republicans, Daniel Greenfield with interesting analysis of the NY Jewish vote, black voters show Little Big Gulp their backsides at church service, Teh Ted makes Donkey Chompers blow a fuse, a very interesting profile of an unusual Trump supporter, the truly frightening parallels between Stalin and his nascent Democrat party acolytes, Angelo Codevilla, and two other fine essays detailing the in-your-face totalitarian danger that the Democrat party has morphed into, or will at any moment.
- Mayor Pete Puffer Buttigieg Dropping Out of Presidential Race
- Styrene Steyer Ends Campaign After Disappointing Finish in South Carolina
- Aimless Klobuchar Cancels Minnesota Rally as BLM Thugs Storm Stage
- Fauxca-Has-Been Goes #StopBernie; Lashes Out After SC, Vows Convention Fight
- Sanders Raised Whopping $46.5 Million in February, Plans TV Ad Buys in 9 States (from each according to their stupidity… – jjs)
- Why Biden’s South Carolina Victory Increases the Odds of a Brokered Convention
- 77-Year-Old Joe Biden Now The Youngest Man Left in Democrat Primary
- Biden Calls Chris Wallace “Chuck” Immediately After Dismissing Questions About His Mental Capacity
- For the First Time, There Are More Registered Independents Than Registered Republicans
- Greenfield: More New York Jews Would Vote Trump Than Bernie Sanders; It’s About Israel… But Not Just About Israel
- Black Voters Turn Their Backs on Little Big Gulp Bloomberg During Church Service
- Sooper-Gee-Nee-Us Toothy McBigTits Goes Ape When Ted Cruz Asks Her “What’s a ‘Y’ Chromosome?”
- Iran-Born Shiite Muslim, Marxist, Catholic Convert, Conservative Author, and Ardent Trump Supporter
- Kulak is the Russian Word for “Deplorable”
- Codevilla: Socialism’s Inequalities
- Democrats, Progressives and Socialists: Exposing the Danger
CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION, SHAMPEACHMENT
No wonder they were going after Devin Nunes, appeals court smacks down House Dems’ drive to continue the persecutions, but Nadler remains undaunted and has AG Barr in his sights, Sidney Powell wants her client fully exonerated and Victor Davis Hanson reminds us that the new rules would’ve nailed Obama, vacillation, fear and dithering on the part of the GOP-e notwithstanding.
- Devin Nunes: Democrats Paid Operatives in Ukraine to “Dig Up Dirt on the Trump Campaign”
- Appeals Court Rules Against House Democrats in Fight for Don McGahn’s Testimony
- Dems Launch Probe of DoJ and Barr, Seek Roger-Stone Related Interviews
- Sidney Powell Shooting for “Total Exoneration” of Michael Flynn
- V.D. Hanson: New Impeachment Rules Would Snare Obama
CIVIL WAR 2.0
Tedious, unfunny and manifestly irresponsible is no way to put on a “comedy” show. Meh. It’s not comedy; it’s agitprop.
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM
Several links on the now out and proud Jew-hatred of the Sandersnistas and the approval by silence of the rest of the party, including a truly frightening “what-if” scenario.
- Sanders Becoming President Would Damage American Judaism More Than Anything Since the Holocaust
- Anti-Semite Bro-Fo Omar/Nur Stumps for Bernie Sanders in Virginia in Final Days Before Primary
- Imagining What a President Bernie Sanders Would Mean for Jews (she forgot FBI Director Coonman’s confiscation of all guns belonging to Jews – jjs)
DEMOCRAT-LEFTIST SCANDALS, CRIMES, CHUTZ-POCRISY, MESHUGAS
Remember, the only reason the Dems want to get rid of Sanders is because he’s out in the open of what the latter want to do quietly, why are we not kicking Bro-Fo Omar/Nur the hell out of the USA and Doug Jones uses campaign cash to take a vacation. Meh, he’s a Democrat so comfy chair and slap on wrist with feather is his lot. At least he’s hopefully one and done as of November.
- Sanders’ Campaign Embraces Radical Group That Wants to “Abolish Prisons” and Promoted Palestinian Terrorists
- America Has a Con Woman in Congress – Where’s the Law?
- Dirty Money: Embattled Dem Senator Doug Jones Charges Luxury Europe Trip to Campaign
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER CRISIS, BORDER SECURITY
Democrat/Leftist policy is a hell of a lot more lethal than any virus as is evidenced by how Chicago kept an illegal alien animal away from ICE and able to rape a toddler, Illinois sheriffs see that madness and react, with homelessness running wild the rest of the world can keep their tired and their poor; we’ve got plenty of our own. Lastly as immigration hawk Ken Cuccinelli tries to kick illegals the hell out, open borders Obama hack-in-black rules he’s not been confirmed, and all his actions are null and void. If I were Trump and his OLC I’d respond with a hearty LOLGF.
- Chicago Ignored ICE Detainer on Illegal Alien – Now He’s Been Arrested for Allegedly Abusing a Toddler
- Chicago Mayor Defends “Sanctuary City” Policy After ICE Says Man Accused of Raping Toddler Was Previously Deported
- Illinois Sheriffs Protest Violent Felons Facing Deportation Being Released into Communities
- The Tired and Poor Are Already Here
- Cuccinelli: Rate of Crime Among Illegals Should Be Zero – They Shouldn’t Be Here
- Obama-Appointed Hack-in-Black: Ken Cuccinelli “Not Lawfully” Named USCIS Director
FIRST AMENDMENT, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER BIG TECH
For the crime of supporting this president openly the Leftist mobs attempt to ruin a legal immigrant restaurateur, Nick Sandmann’s lawyers now going after five more big propagandists, Paul Singer, the CoC-whore who destroyed Cabela’s looking to buy up Twitter, Dr. Drew slams media coverage of coronavirus, Facebook actually defends Trump from virus media smear, Chris Matthews thinks all blacks look alike, and yet another warning about our tech giant overlords.
- Legal Immigrant Restaurant Owners Hit with Bad Reviews After Attending Trump Rally
- Trump Tweets Out Support for Arizona Restaurant Owners “Canceled” By Leftists for Appearing at President’s Rally
- Nick Sandmann’s Lawyers Filing Lawsuits Against Five More Media Companies
- Mega GOP Paul Singer Donor Buys a Giant Stake in Twitter, Seeks to Replace Jack Dorsey (replacing eye shingles with projectile colitis – jjs)
- Dr. Drew: Media “Needs to Shut Up” About Coronavirus, “You’re More Likely to Die of Influenza”
- Facebook Fact Checker Debunks New Smear Against Trump From Media, Democrats: “Factually Inaccurate”
- Things Get Awkward on MSNBC When Chris Matthews Mistakes Tim Scott for Black Lindsey Graham Opponent
- Tech Giants Bullying Competition Isn’t Free Market Economics
Camera Hogg has crawled out from somewhere to go after semi-automatic rifles and 2A supporters looking to SCOTUS for relief on AR-15 bans and confiscation. Meh, Cheap Justice Julia Roberts is too busy.
- Gun-Rights Activists Look to Supreme Court to Take Up AR-15 Bans, Confiscation Bills
- Assault Rifle Bans Turn Lawful Gun Owners Into Felons Overnight
- Gun Control Activist Camera Hogg Targets Semi-Automatic Rifles
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
Greek police trying to hold back a tidal wave of migrants, Hong Kong media mogul and freedom fighter Jimmy Lai warns about the Chi-Coms, Caroline Glick happy but reserved on recent Iranian and Turkish setbacks, Rabbi Fischer looks at the Israeli elections, and Bernie gets taken to the woodshed about his Cuba lies.
- Greece: Police Struggle to Push Back Migrant Wave
- Jimmy Lai’s Chilling Warning About China
- Glick: The Massive, But Reversible, Defeats of Iran and Turkey
- Rabbi Fischer: As Deadlocked Israel Votes on Monday for the Third Time in a Year, Who’s on First?
- Bernie Sanders’ Shameful Lies About Cuba
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
Two essays looking at the end of our long nightmare in Afghanistan and what it portends, and a Tennessee professor charged with hiding his relationship with the Chi-Coms. That there is your lethal virus.
- Trump’s Peace Agreement with Taliban Brings End of Afghan War in Sight After 18 Years
- Could the End of the Afghanistan Misadventure Finally Be At Hand?
- Tennessee Professor Charged with Hiding China Relationship From US Government
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE BUREAUCRACY, WASTE, FRAUD, CORRUPTION
How California urinates all over the taxpayers, or whatever is left of them.
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
Tom Cotton wants the death penalty for fentanyl killers, “evidence suggests that children are often better off when criminal parents are imprisoned,” and finally another teacher pinched for sexual misconduct in Madison County Alabama. The article says Wisconsin but it’s wrong.
- Senator Cotton Introduces Bill Authorizing Death Penalty for Those Who Intentionally Kill with Fentanyl
- Fathers, Families, and Incarceration
- Second Madison County, AL Schools Teacher Arrested for Sexual Misconduct in Less than a Year
House Dems ban menthol cigs and cries of racism ensue, coronavirus highlights the perils of having much of our meds made by Mandarins and Little Big Gulp’s prescription is pain and suffering.
- House Dems Pass Menthol Cigarette Ban That Liberal Groups Blasted as Racist
- The Virus and the Supply Chain
- Little Big Gulp Bloomberg’s Dystopian Health Care Vision
Meh, UC Santa Cruz is an anti-American, anti-Semitic sewer.
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, LYSENKOISM
You can see her breasts sag in real time, threats to the bee population are highly exaggerated and I guess the answer is one big-ass thermometer…
- Toothy McBigTits AOC Reads Whole “Green New Deal” on House Floor to Combat “Misinformation”
- Climate Change is Not Decimating Bees
- How to Measure the Temperature of the Earth
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
Two items from our intrepid science reporter, first on a potential setback for Space-X and what a successful Space-X and other private systems mean for satellites.
- Explosion During Static Fire Test of Space-X’s Starship-SN1 Prototype
- The Coming Small Satellite Revolution
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
Tranny freak gets mass p-whipping, this is just sick, and sanity in Alabama.
- Tranny Freak Competes in Women’s Olympic Marathon Trials, Loses to 229 Women
- End Times: Drag Queen Giving Lap Dance to Little Girl Goes Viral
- Bill Banning Transgender Procedures Performed on Minors Advances in Alabama Legislature
CULTURE WARS, HITHER & YON
An Archbishop rips Francis the Talking Pope, the 1619 Project author is a coward as well as a liar, 1964 and the birth of PC, Spielberg’s porn spawn gets pinched for domestic violence, CNN demands Friends cast repent or something, Adam Sandler in a rare drama outing gets a good notice, and the black artists who revolutionized gospel.
- Archbishop Jan Lenga: Pope Francis is “Usurper and Heretic,” “Leading the World Astray”
- The 1619 Project and its Critics
- The ’64 Civil Rights Act and the Origins of Political Correctness
- Steven Spielberg’s Daughter Arrested For Domestic Violence After Announcing New Porn Career (Schindler’s fist? – jjs)
- CNN: Friends Reunion Must Apologize for Problematic Jokes
- Uncut Gems: Loopholes for Depicting Jews (and Others)?
- Meet the Black Composers and Singers Who Revolutionized Gospel Music
Paraphrasing George C. Scott from Patton, I can’t see the reason such fine young men are taken from us so soon, when there are so many battles yet to fight. Rest in peace, Andrew.
NOTE: The opinions expressed in some links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.