Good morning, kids. Tuesday and the interrelated stories of the coronavirus, the stock market continuing to crash and politics are singly and collectively in the lead. I suppose I could have picked any to start with but the Too Wong Yellow Peril Plague, Traveling All Stars and Motor Kings is driving, or being driven by the media, so here we go.
However severe the virus may or may not be, its origins and rate of spreading are what’s causing the alarm. The media, with its mantra of “if it bleeds it leads” is certainly not being helpful, particularly in light of the fact that it may be the potential kryptonite bullet that can be used to take down the President. His immediate action in restricting travel to and from China back in January, when we first learned of the outbreak, no doubt has helped delay the spread of the virus here and so far has significantly mitigated the actual health impact on the citizenry. Ultimately, please G-d, it might very well prove crucial in terms of health as well as politically and economically, the situation with the petroleum price wars notwithstanding.
That said, there is dissent in the ranks of the conservative punditry, Trump boosters included, that the President’s messaging on this has, to be charitable, been off the mark. There is no doubt, as I alluded to earlier, that the Democrat-Media Complex is using the virus and the accompanying Wall Street sell-off to attack the President. But he, and his surrogates, have to be extremely careful to not just dismiss the virus as so much hype, regardless of the fact that much of the hype is indeed hype.
…With a visibly aged Joe Biden duking it out with socialist Bernie Sanders, there are three very good reasons that President Trump’s greatest opponent in November could be the Coronavirus.
First, the ability to handle a possible medical crisis and the hard choices the triage of limited supplies would then force on us will leave a lasting impact with the American public. Second, the economic consequences spreading through U.S. cities and towns will force Republicans in government to choose between saying this is all partisan hype and executing a plan to protect the gains of the last three years. Third, the potential medical scare lends rhetorical energy to a number of Democrat talking points they’re guaranteed to use in the general election…
It’s reassuring to hear White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow say the government is communicating with the airlines, thinking of the “small businesses that might get hurt by this,” and of the “individuals who might lose paychecks because they had to stay home if they get the virus.” It is not, however, reassuring to hear Kudlow claim during the same interview that the virus “looks relatively contained” and that Americans should simply “avoid” Seattle…
Democrats have already seized on the crisis, much to the public ire of the president, and free health-care-for-all is a campaign call that will be specifically energized by the pandemic. In addition to serious governance and the action necessary to stave off a recession, the president must make the case to reelect the administration responsible for so much economic success… Coronavirus might prove the administration’s great crisis, and its leadership will prove crucial in staving off worst-case scenarios or dealing with them when they come. Simply downplaying events and assuring the public everything is under control does not suffice…
All is not gloom and doom. As the article rightly points out, Trump’s trade war with China and the concomitant call and goal to repatriate as much of our manufacturing and supply chain within our own borders – including our pharmaceuticals and medical supplies – is prophetic. He also seems equally prescient about his opposition to open borders as well as globalism. It’s kind of hard for the Left to try and peddle that garbage while at the same time blasting the President for doing nothing to stop the spread of a contagion. Trump is both a quick learner and a great communicator. Also unlike almost every president for the past 100 years, he’s a businessman, not a professional politician, and a hell of a businessman at that. No doubt he will accurately read the situation and get out ahead of things in a way that both prepares the nation for any eventuality but reassures the people (at least those who want to be reassured) that this “crisis” will pass and we’ll come out the other side not significantly worse for wear.
Of course, the Democrat-Media Complex will do everything it can to sabotage the administration regardless of the cost in human life and suffering. If you think that that’s hyperbole, you haven’t been paying attention. That too will explode in their faces, making them look even more petty, vindictive and outright evil, since this is potentially a life and death issue. For those, like me, worried about the election, you have to remember that it’s eight months away. In politics, it’s oddly enough both right around the corner and an eternity from now. Forgetting for a moment what’s happening here, take a look both at the internal dynamics such as we can see them in China as well as Russia and Iran. This virus, as well as the economic and accompanying social distress has the potential to cause a major upheaval in any or all of those countries, especially Iran with its economy already teetering on collapse and a people desperate to throw off the mullahs. Along with the unrest in Hong Kong, cities and regions on the mainland proper and also an economy that was on a bubble even before Trump’s tariffs hit, the 21st century may not turn out to be Chinese after all.
All in all, the election is eight months away. The coronavirus in all likelihood will be a distant memory by then, and potentially world-shaking events as I have noted may very well steal the headlines, and in the President’s and America’s favor. Please G-d.
CORONAVIRUS, FICTIONS AND FACTS
Digging into some of the headlines, the Chi-Coms are pissed at Sec State Pompeo for pointing out that the virus that originated in China is Chinese, Leftists also claim pointing this out is xenophobic/racist etc., Italy zips up the boot, several good links urging calm and common sense while laying out the facts about the virus, genetic engineering firm says a vaccine might be available by year’s end, several key administration officials and GOPers are self-quarantining, Bernie sez he would not have shut our borders like Trump did, and the final two links illustrate the complete tone-deaf, inept and insane reactions to this from New York to Oregon.
- China: “Rude, Vicious” for Sec State Pompeo to Refer to Chinese Coronavirus as Chinese
- Quinnipiac Poll: More Voters Disapprove of Trump’s Response to Coronavirus
- 3 Reasons Coronavirus Could Prove Trump’s Greatest November Foe
- Coronavirus Mass Hysteria
- Italy Locks Down Entire Country Over Coronavirus Outbreak
- Infectious Disease Expert Warns of the Consequences of Needless Coronavirus Panic
- Sensible Steps
- Genetic Engineering Co. Says Its COVID-19 Vaccine Could Be Approved By End of the Year
- Rabbi Fischer: Coronavirus and Trump’s Wars on Open Borders, Chinese Trade Practices, and California Homelessness
- Bull—- In a China Shop
- R.S. McCain: I Prefer My Corona With Lime
- Bernie Suggests He Would Not Have Shut Down Travel to US Amid Coronavirus Outbreak
- Bernie Accuses Trump of Not “Believing in Science” While Ignoring Scientific Experts About Coronavirus
- “Giddy” Libs Mock Ted Cruz, Paul Gosar Over Coronavirus Self-Quarantine
- Leftists Erupt Over Use of Term “Wuhan Virus,” Claim Disease Name is “Racist,” Exposes “Anti-Asian Bias” (how about Yellow Oriental Plague? – jjs)
- New York Using Prison Labor to Make “Superior” Hand Sanitizer
- Portland Has Come Up With Brilliant Idea to Stop Spread of Coronavirus in the “Houseless” Community
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
The coronavirus and attendant fears thereof was the punch to the gut and now the oil price war between the KSA and the Russians is the boot to the groin, Putin not agreeing to production cuts seen as an attack on US fracking dominance with serious political consequences come November, White House preparing emergency relief measures for the economy and a look at similar financial bubbles/crashes of the past in light of what’s happening now.
- Oil Price Drops and Coronavirus Lead to Cratering Stock Market
- Putin Is Meddling in the 2020 Election… By Attacking American Oil Producers
- White House Will Meet With Wall Street Executives, Preparing Coronavirus Stimulus to Help With Lost Paychecks
- COVID-19 and the World Economy
- Financial and Disease Panics: Black Swans?
POLITICS, 2020 ELECTION
Six states with 352 delegates up for grabs today, polls have Biden up in four yet his aneurysm is talking again, Giuliani notes Biden’s dementia, Bernie quadruples down on love of commie dictators, Dem voters less than thrilled with Biden, the reason the Dems want to shut down Trump rallies has nothing to do with the virus and a lot to do with the numbers of Dem voters who attend them, Biden and Sanders camps quarrel about seated debate format, Nikki Haley comes out against Doug Collins in GA Senate race, Biden team a bit premature on cabinet picks, Steve Bullock running in MT, Curtis Sliwa throws red beret into the ring for Gracie Mansion race, and New Jersey Dems looking to keep Trump off the ballot unless he releases tax returns. Wait, didn’t SCOTUS adjudicate this case already?
- 352 Delegates Up for Grabs in Today’s “Mini Super Tuesday” Battle
- Polls Show Biden Leading in Michigan, Missouri, Mississippi and Washington
- Biden Has Another Gaffe: “I Think We Can Win Back the House”
- Giuliani: Biden “Obviously Showing Signs of Dementia… What’s He Going to Be Like 3 Years from Now?”
- Bernie Sanders Uses Coronavirus Fears as Fundraising Tool
- Sanders: I Don’t Regret Castro Comments, China Has Reduced Extreme Poverty
- Huff Post/YouGov Poll: Only 48% of Dem Voters “Enthusiastic” About Joe Biden as the Nominee
- Forget the Coronavirus: Staggering Data From Trump Rallies is the Real Reason Dems Want Them Shut Down; It Scares Them to Death
- Joe Biden’s Campaign May Be Reinvigorated, But He Isn’t
- Gingrich: Neither Sanders Nor Biden Can Defeat Each Other Without Hamstringing Their Party
- Sanders, Biden Campaigns Clash Over Democrat Debate “Accommodations,” Seated Format
- Biden Team Already Discussing Cabinet Picks for Third Obama Term
- Just 1% of Latino Dems in Florida Prefer the Term “Latinx”
- Montana Governor Steve Bullock Launches Senate Bid Against Steve Daines (after promising he was not going to run for Senate – jjs)
- Nikki Haley Endorses GOP-e Candidate Loefler Over Doug Collins in GA Senate Race
- Guardian Angels Founder Curtis Sliwa to Run for NYC Mayor: “I Am the Only Candidate With the Onions to Take Back the City”
- Can New Jersey Democrats Bulldoze President Trump?
JOE BRIBEM, HUNTER BRIBEM UKRAINE, CHI-COM, OTHER SCANDALS
Call me when indictments are handed down.
DEMOCRAT-LEFTIST SCANDALS, CRIMES, CHUTZ-POCRISY, MESHUGAS
Forget the Russkies. Canucks coming in from the north to stump and maybe vote for Bernie.
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER CRISIS, BORDER SECURITY
Kill babies, take your guns and let illegals drive. Virginia ain’t for lovers anymore. Also, lawsuit to try and stop H1-B visa nonsense and this is why illegal aliens are prized commodities to Democrats.
- Virginia Lawmakers Pass Bill Giving Driving Privilege Cards to Illegal Aliens
- Lawsuit: US Managers Violated Americans’ Civil Rights by Hiring H-1B Workers
- The US Census, Illegals… and Counting Congressional Seats
FIRST AMENDMENT, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER BIG TECH
Margot Cleveland rips the Slimes: “When the Old Grey Lady says something ‘is unclear,’ watch out. She’s telling you the evidence doesn’t justify the reporting, so innuendo shall suffice.” And innuendo isn’t an Italian suppository.
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
More on the Russkies waging an oil war to sabotage us and the KSA, barbarians at the gates of Europe, and yet Europe seemingly eager to open up, a look at Middle East “peace,” and Caroline Glick reads the tea leaves on the latest Israeli elections.
- “This is Masochism”: Russia Wages an Oil War Against Saudi Arabia, US Amid Coronavirus Concerns
- Europe Under Siege
- Defining “Peace” in the Middle East
- Glick: Democrats and Anti-Democrats
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
Trump wants to kill the so-called Open Skies treaty with the Russians but he gets resistance from the usual suspects, and finally the boys are coming home.
- Trump Admin Infighting Over Open Skies Treaty Infuriates GOP Hawks
- US Troop Withdrawal From Afghanistan Has Begun
How Bloomberg really led NYC after 9/11 and trannies shill for Islamists.
- Bloomberg’s Proudest Moment: When He Supported the Ground Zero Mosque
- Activists: Bill to Protect Minors From Female Genital Mutilation Is Anti-Transgender
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE BUREAUCRACY, WASTE, FRAUD, CORRUPTION
More on the madness of Democrat-ruled California, this time about housing and the homeless.
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
Bernie peeved at public defenders for not being Johnny Cochrane or something, thug-lovers block GA anti-gang bill, Mass prof accused of raping student and this First Step act might not be so hot.
- Bernie Sanders Scolds Public Defenders: Legal System Does Not Provide a Decent Lawyer
- Pro-Criminal Organizations Blocking Georgia Gov. Kemp’s Anti-Gang Bill
- Massachusetts College Prof Accused of Raping Student he Met on “Sugar Daddy” Website
- Man Released by First Step Act Rearrested for Meth Trafficking
Wait, what country is this again?
- Coed Receives “Onslaught” of Hate, “Threats of Violence” for Saying Socialism More Dangerous Than COVID-19
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
Our intrepid science reporter on Martian badlands (you gotta live it every day…)
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
Max Klinger hardest hit, and pediatricians rip pro-kiddie chemical castration “study.”
- 6 Things I’d Rather Do Than Date a Guy Who Wears Dresses (Max Klinger hardest hit – jjs)
- Pediatricians Say Study Approving Puberty Blockers for Adolescents Is Flawed
CULTURE WARS, HITHER & YON
Walmart consumed by pronoun fever, Matt Walsh’s latest book reviewed and Salena Zito mourns the loss of the local downtown department store.
- Woke Walmart Introduces Pronoun Buttons For Workers
- How Church of Cowards Skewers Pop Culture Hypocrites
- Zito: What We Lose By the Closing of Community Department Stores
NOTE: The opinions expressed in some links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.