Good morning, kids. Tuesday and I’m not going to lie to you. I haven’t felt this miserable since the rhetorical boot to the groin on Election Day 2008 followed by the stomp on the head exactly four years later. The Dow Jones dropped almost 3,000 points yesterday in its greatest single day loss ever, and added to the staggering losses over the past two weeks has brought us not just to the brink of a recession but quite possibly as near to an economic collapse as I ever wanted to experience. Then there’s the bizarre panic and fear driven entirely by an evil, criminally irresponsible media that is throwing fuel on a titanic Reichstag Fire of its own making as a Gotterdamerung-meets-kamikaze attack against a single man who has thwarted them and the nation that he represents.
No, I am not forgetting about a virus that sprang up in the heart of Communist China, whether in some biological warfare lab or in an open air market where people whose cultural proclivities and sanitary conditions, along with lack of proper food because of the totalitarian tyranny that has enslaved them for over 70 years, might also be a big factor. The physical as well as political factors that caused this thing to circle the globe, and whatever its level of morbidity is, serves as a warning. I’m not an epidemiologist, but I still feel from everything that I can gather, while this particular strain of virus is obviously dangerous, it still only potentially and sadly actually lethal to those with compromised lungs as well as the elderly. Even with the incidences and death toll around the world and perhaps here at home on the rise, they still pale in comparison to H1N1, Ebola, SARS, MERS and Zika. Plus, the American healthcare system, despite the depredations of Obamacare, Medicare and Medicaid is still far and away better equipped to deal with these things and mitigate catastrophe than anywhere else on the planet. That said, to the extent that we can trust the reporting, the infection and death rate in China is supposedly leveling off and decreasing. So perhaps G-d willing that will be happening in Europe, which is now the epicenter of the pandemic, and then us here shortly thereafter.
The latter I am fairly confident about because this President and his team have so far been doing all of the right things to mitigate the health impact on the nation. In particular, Trump’s early move to shut down travel to and from China in January, which was immediately blasted by the Democrat-Media Complex as racist, alarmist and xenophobic, may have been key to mitigating disaster at least in terms of halting the spread and subsequent death toll.
Now, all of that said, is the closing of restaurants, conventions, sporting events, theaters, elections, and de facto or forcibly in some cases sealing people up inside their homes an overreaction? Given the knowns and unknowns, especially because we’re dealing with both the Chi-Coms and a politicized anti-Trump bureaucracy in DC that is no doubt entrenched in places like the CDC just as it is in the FBI and DoJ, it’s hard to say. Perhaps it was overreaction, but if the virus fades out within the next month or so, it will prove to have been the right move.
Now, while I may feel depressed this morning, I am still always an optimist, and I thank G-d that President Trump is in the Oval Office. Whatever is going on with the markets and the economy, as a natural reaction to the Chinese coronavirus or truly evil people and institutions using the chaos to enrich themselves while trying to take down America and Trump, I still think the latter is going to come out on top come November. In fact, the market could go to zero and I still think Trump wins it going away. That’s because the Democrat Party and its two leading presidential candidates are shrieking about open borders, gun confiscation, giving us Italian/Iranian healthcare, abortion, and abolishing petroleum as the solution to curing Too Wong Flu.
The other thing to note is the Chinese coronavirus presents a rare opportunity for Trump to deliver a decisive and significant defeat to the Democrats, Socialists and globalists and even the Deep State and bureaucracy that could quite literally make America great again. The estimable Daniel Greenfield over at Frontpage Mag has yet another must-read:
…The media falsely claims that President Trump was unprepared for the coronavirus crisis. The truth is that the problem was exactly what Make America Great Again warned about. Globalism, our dependency on China, our economy’s interdependence with other countries around the world, the divergence of our supply chains, has the potential to bring us to the brink of disaster. Our failure to control our borders, not only with Mexico, but with the rest of the world, is a fatal weakness. MAGA offered the solution to the coronavirus crisis before it even arrived on our shores…
… President Trump had trouble advancing much of his agenda because the public lacked a sense of crisis. And so he lacked the support he needed to override judicial interference and political sabotage because most people didn’t see that there was a problem big enough to justify cutting through all the red tape. All that has changed now…
The coronavirus crisis is perfect for dealing a fatal blow to globalism. Or the Trump administration. One or the other will come out of this crisis on life support…
The media’s apocalyptic crisis hype is always its greatest weakness. The media had mobilized support for impeaching President Trump among independents until the actual hearings aired and support collapsed. Once independent voters saw that there was nothing to the actual proceedings, they turned their backs. The media has convinced much of the nation that coronavirus is a pandemic that will kill millions. If the country emerges from social distancing and widespread distribution of test kits with a flattened curve, then President Trump can enter the summer as a wartime president who led the nation through a crisis. And, in a judo flip, the media’s own apocalyptic crisis will become Trump’s best reelection argument. When the apocalypse fails to arrive, President Trump can claim credit for averting the disaster…
The coronavirus is a crisis of globalism. And yet the D.C. crowd insists that globalism is the answer. President Trump can win big by making the case to the nation that the open borders and global government crowd has caused this disaster. The coronavirus is the perfect storm that their global lifestyles, crowded urban centers, international trade, and global bureaucracies have wrought…
Bingo. I agree with Greenfield in that given the nature of this thing, Trump is in fact a wartime president. Funny how in one breath loathsome cretins like James Clyburn and Meathead Reiner claim Trump is like Hitler in the 1930s and then bitch and moan that he isn’t taking strong enough action. Well, okay then. How about President Trump issuing these emergency executive orders:
“…All regulations from the EPA, OSHA, Department of Energy, FTC, HHS, FDA, etc.et al are hereby suspended for a period of eight years so as to allow American businesses with manufacturing and distribution facilities located in China to relocate to the United States, as well as for businesses wanting to open new manufacturing plants here. All corporate taxes are hereby waived for a period of five years after plants are operational. Pharmaceutical and medical supply concerns will be given first priority…
By the way, these “temporary” orders should be temporary the way the emergency federal income tax was temporary during the First World War. I could go on and on but you get the picture. Sure, the Left will scream bloody murder but 50-plus years of overregulation and strangulation of American business and ingenuity by the bureaucracy that only helped grease the wheels for the greedy corporatist/crony bastards at the Chamber of Commerce to destroy the American worker and ship jobs and business overseas, specifically to China, is a slow and now quickening recipe for national suicide. Funny how Rahm Emanuel’s credo of “never letting a crisis go to waste” could actually serve as the model for the President to seriously torpedo the Left. Except this time, we face a real, existential crisis that was in many ways fueled by the Left. So bold and righteous action in the cause of liberating us from real danger are not only justified but what is required.
From where things stand in the here and now, it’s hard to see that. We are staring at something only a few short weeks ago was completely unimaginable. We’re not out of the woods yet, but I feel we will be. The President not only has an opportunity to repair the damage to the American economy and psyche, as well as protect his own political fortunes. He has an opportunity to alter the trajectory of the nation and cripple the Left for a generation, or even longer.
Keep the faith, wash your hands, don’t eat your boogers.
CHINESE CORONAVIRUS, FICTIONS AND FACTS
Of note, an actual vaccine was developed in record time and is being tested in Seattle, the Democrat virus pork bill seems stalled in the Senate, Victor Davis Hanson and Tucker Carlson warn that the draconian measures could cause as much pain and suffering as the Chinese virus itself, and the complete politicization of this by the Dems will be their doom.
- President Trump: No Nationwide Quarantine for Chinese Coronavirus…
- …Chinese Coronavirus Could Last Until July or August
- Wow! The First COVID-19 Vaccine Was Made in “Record” Time and Just Given to 45 People in Seattle
- Sen. Tom Cotton: It Is Time for a National “Shutdown”
- President Announces Four Steps of New Coronavirus Guidance to Be Followed By All Americans For 15 Days
- Pence Announces All Chinese Coronavirus Testing Will be Free, Including for Uninsured Americans
- San Francisco Area Residents Ordered to Stay Home
- No, the Chinese Coronavirus Emergency Spending Bill Still Hasn’t Made It to the Senate; Here’s Why
- Who’s Actually in Charge of Republicans’ Chinese Coronavirus Response?
- GOP Outsources Wuhan Virus Response to Malig-Nancy Pelosi; There Is a Better Way
- 10 Ways the Left Has Politicized the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Dems Fume After Trump Refers to Chinese Coronavirus as “Chinese Virus”
- DeBolshevik Refused Major Efforts to Combat Chinese Coronavirus Until Aides Threatened to Quit, Report Says
- Cuomo is Showing Up DeBolshevik… But Chewing Trump’s Ankles Won’t Play Well
- Coronavirus: Biden’s Scary Advisers
- Trudeau Closes Canada’s Border to Non-Citizens or Permanent Residents Over Coronavirus
- Pee-Air Defecto Romney Proposes Giving $1,000 to Each American in Response to Coronavirus (that’ll be per day for me, and permanently – jjs)
- The Top Eight Most Totalitarian Proposals in the Wake of the Chinese COVID-19 Threat
- V.D. Hanson: Some Coronavirus Humility
- Tu-Ca: Shutting Down Economy Poses “Its Own Kind of Public Health Risk”
- Black: Overcoming the Multiple Coronavirus Contagions
- How Coronavirus Will Strengthen Trump’s 2020 Campaign
- Greenfield: Coronavirus Will Give President Trump His Biggest Win (the opportunity to crush globalism – jjs)
ECONOMIC IMPACT OF YELLOW PERIL
As discussed, the Dow continues to collapse, even Trump uses the “R” word but Steve Mnuchin still is a US economy booster as is Kudlow, Rep Jim Banks has a capital idea, and Rabbi Fischer looks at the empty shelves and thinks communism.
- Dow Falls by Nearly 3000 in Renewed Chinese Coronavirus Collapse
- President Trump: US Economy “May Be” Headed For Recession
- Mnuchin: “The US Is Still the Greatest Place to Invest”
- Kudlow: Most of Our Supply Lines Are Working Pretty Well
- Rep Jim Banks Says China Could Repay US For Chinese Coronavirus, Starting With “Significant Debt Forgiveness”
- Here’s What Congress Must Do to Kill the Wuhan Virus
- Rabbi Fischer: A Day at the Coronavirus Supermarket That Communist Bernie Would Have Loved
POLITICS, 2020 ELECTION
Mike DeWine ignores a judge and shuts down the Ohio primary elections, Univision poll has Trump over Joe Bivalve, Donkey-Chompers suddenly not thrilled with Bernie, a few links highlighting Bernie’s fall and his aides’ madness, the myth of Democrats being for the little guy is exploded and socialism in context to 2020.
- Ohio Ignores Judge’s Ruling, Shuts Down Polls To Protect People
- New Univision Poll Has Trump Over Biden in Florida
- Donkey Chompers AOC Has “Backed Away” From Sanders Campaign, Won’t Stump For Bernie Until He Disavows Joe Rogan
- Just Like Socialism, Bernie’s Campaign Collapsed Under Its Own Contradictions
- Math Is Hard: Bernie’s Press Secretary Says 500 Million Americans Go Bankrupt Each Year
- Sanders Adviser: Having Elections When Black Colleges Are On Spring Break is “Voter Suppression”
- Democrats: The Party of Big Labor, Big Government… and Big Business
- The Sorry History of Socialism
CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION, SHAMPEACHMENT
Boy does this seem like ancient history.
JOE BRIBEM, HUNTER BRIBEM UKRAINE, CHI-COM, OTHER SCANDALS
Beyond Biden and Dianne Feinstein, the whole Dem Party is in Xi’s pocket.
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER CRISIS, BORDER SECURITY
ACLU should be shut down as potential plague transmitters, even with plague, they’re still getting in, open borders pimped concerned that the Chinese plague might make them look stupid and dangerous, Border Patrol union boss warns about Biden’s dangerous words, Malig-Nancy Pelosi’s constituents get charged, and DHS whistleblower Haney did not kill himself – for real. May this not get lost in the sauce.
- ACLU Lawsuit Demands ICE Release Illegal Aliens “At Risk” of Coronavirus Complications
- As Ordinary Citizen Life Grinds to a Halt, Government Still Flying In Refugees from Around the World
- Migration Supporters Worry China’s Epidemic Could Reduce Immigration
- Biden’s Felon-Only Deportation Plan Will Cause Border Rush, Says BP Union VP
- US Attorney Charges Alleged MS-13 Gang Members in San Francisco
- DHS Whistleblower Philip Haney’s Death Not a Suicide
FIRST AMENDMENT, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER BIG TECH
Twitter needs to be shut down for the duration… of this geologic era, The Atlantic is also a Chi-Com propaganda organ as is all of the media, Lawrence “Hammerhead” O’Donnell eggs on a future Hodgkinson, and Molly Jong-Fast is an ignoramus.
- Twitter Nixes Sheriff Clarke’s Chinese Coronavirus Tweets, Leaves Up Chinese Official’s Tweet Blaming US For Virus Outbreak (time to shut down Twitter for the duration – jjs)
- The Atlantic Must Stop Covering for the Chinese Communist Party
- Media Deliberately Distort Trump’s Wuhan Virus Advice to Governors About Ventilator Purchases
- Hammerhead O’Donnell: “More People Are Dead and Dying in America Tonight Because Donald Trump is President”
- The American Press’ Entire Energy is Bent Towards Destroying Trump
- Astounding Ignorance: Bulwark Contributor Molly Jong-Fast Doesn’t Know What Federalism Is
Totally illegal power grab in New Orleans, and Bernie’s own words bolster argument for government subsidized arming of poor folks.
- New Orleans Mayor Issues Emergency Order Granting Her Power to Ban the Sale of Firearms
- By Bernie’s Abortion Logic, the Government Must Buy Guns for Poor Civilians
Tom Perez quotes scripture to blaspheme Catholics.
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
Chi-Coms make a critic disappear, Mike Pompeo rips the Chi-Coms over their insane Chinese Coronavirus big lie, echoing Daniel Greenfield’s brainwave on reset, Mexico could get slammed by Too Wong Flu, comparing Italy to South Korea and what it means for us, Doctor WHO worried about Iran as are the Iranian leaders, will Benny Gantz take over from Bibi? Lastly, Katie Hopkins on the latest target of Leftist-Muslim hate in Britain.
- Chinese Tycoon Ren Zhiqiang Disappears After Criticizing Chinese Coronavirus Response
- Pompeo Conveyed “Strong US Objections” to Beijing Over Chinese COVID-19 Accusations
- Coronavirus Panic: An Opportunity To Hit “Reset” With China
- Mexico is Dangerously Unprepared for the Inevitable Wuhan Coronavirus Outbreak
- Here’s Why Chinese COVID-19 Ravaged Italy While South Korea Remained Relatively Stable
- Chinese Government Encourages Italians to Fight Coronavirus Racism by Hugging Strangers
- WHO Doctor Paints Grim Picture of Coronavirus Outbreak in Iran
- Iran on ‘Warlike’ Footing as Senior Leader Admits He Has Coronavirus
- Bye-Bye Bibi, Hello Prime Minister Benny Gantz? (Maybe, Maybe Not)
- Hopkins: British Indians – The New Jews
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
Iran or China? Or both? Or NorKs?
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE BUREAUCRACY, WASTE, FRAUD, CORRUPTION
SCOTUS takes a powder in case Kale can’t cut mustard, and Julie Kelly exposes the fraud and consequences of Moochelle’s school lunch madness.
- Supreme Court Suspends Arguments Amid Coronavirus Fears
- Kelly: Covid Closures Expose Insidious Effects of Michelle Obama’s School Lunch Program
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
Amazon goes on a hiring spree (thanks Donkey-Chompers for killing the LIC HQ!), Joe Biden about as dangerous to the economy as Sanders, and finally a quote from Sozhenitsyn to ask “what is this crisis teaching us about ourselves and our institutions?”
- Amazon to Hire 100,000 New Workers Because of Chinese Coronavirus
- Let’s Talk About Joe Biden’s Terrible, Economy-Destroying Ideas
- The “Pitiless Crowbars of Events” Are Teaching Us Again
National health really worked wonders in China, Italy and Iran, eh Bernie? Also, homeless folks don’t sequester.
- Sanders Claims Medicare for All Would Fix Coronavirus; It Might Make Things Worse
- Another Vulnerable Population (the homeless – jjs)
Two essays about another silver lining in this Chinese plague.
- Welcome to Homeschooling, America!
- Chinese Coronavirus Could End Leftist Academia’s Stranglehold on American Youth (optimistic but it does present an opportunity – jjs)
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, LYSENKOISM
Hording madness that exposes another commie lie about TP.
- No, The Average American Doesn’t Use Three Rolls of Toilet Paper Per Week (the average 13-year-old boy might – jjs)
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
Our intrepid science reporter reports on the conference that got cancelled by Chi-Com lung AIDS, and per the article’s abstract, “if we have a sustainability challenge, it is not to preserve open spaces.”
CULTURE WARS, HITHER & YON
So, syphilis and AIDS was no big deal but Chinese flu is? Also, Salon angry that this Hunt movie is too sympathetic to us evil Deplorables, civil rights leader blasts 1619 Project, Salena Zito on how Pittsburgh is weathering this, and some comic relief from Mel Brooks and his son.
- Porn Industry May Halt Shoots Over Chinese Coronavirus Crisis (VD and AIDS molecules hardest hit! – jjs)
- Salon Rages: The Hunt is Too Kind to Trump’s Deplorables!”
- “It’s Indoctrination”: Civil Rights Activist Explains the Dangers Behind NY Times’“1619 Project”
- Zito: Portrait of an American City at the Dawn of a Pandemic
- Mel Brooks, Son Post Humorous Viral Video With Chinese Coronavirus Tips
NOTE: The opinions expressed in some links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.