Good morning, kids. Midweek and plague madness continues. Case in point, you’d think that the morning after the market jumps over 1,000 points I’d be doing cartwheels, but instead I’m dreading the opening bell because more than likely it will herald a 2,000-point nosedive. In any case, the media-fueled panic over the Chinese coronavirus is more dangerous to the life of this nation than the disease itself by orders of magnitude. To the best of my knowledge and from what I have seen of both the rate of infection and the actual morbidity and death toll, coupled with the unique sets of circumstances (political, societal, medical) of where the outbreaks are globally bear out my assertion.
But rationality and reason are being tossed to the wind for the sake of political expediency. Whatever the multi-billion-dollar “emergency” spending bill, which if past is prologue will no doubt be put into and multiplied in every subsequent budget just like Obama’s near trillion-dollar stimulus of 2009, is supposed to address, the very real immediate and long term problem is being ignored: The Peoples’ Republic of China, its goal of global domination by destroying the United States of America via all means short of actual war. Curtis Ellis at American Greatnesshas a truly frightening report:
…A new report from Horizon Advisory consultants details Beijing’s post-virus strategy – already operational – to leverage the pandemic to seize global market share in key industries, further global dependence on Chinese manufacturing, and reverse efforts in the United States and elsewhere to decouple from the People’s Republic.
“Beijing intends to use the global dislocation and downturn to attract foreign investment, to seize strategic market share and resources – especially those that force dependence, and to proliferate global information systems; to as Chinese sources put it, ‘leap-frog’ industrially, ‘overtake around the corner’ strategically, capture the ‘commanding heights’ globally. Beijing intends to reverse recent U.S. efforts to counteract China’s subversive international presence; at the same time to chip away at U.S.-Europe relations. In other words, Beijing will use COVID-19 to accelerate its long-standing, strategic offensive,” the Horizon report states.
We’re witnessing Beijing’s attempt to scrub its culpability for the pandemic from the world’s memory. Chinese Communist propagandists declare, “China is owed a thank you for buying the world time” and the New York Times dutifully repeats it.
After covering up the novel infection and unleashing it on the world, Beijing’s rulers bought up the world’s supply of protective gear and respirators. Then they sell these critical goods to Italy while portraying themselves as the heroic humanitarian savior of the world, not unlike a pyromaniac who takes credit for calling the fire department…
…Beijing has a plan to gain ground after the setback it experienced from the Wuhan virus. It is deploying all its resources – industrial, economic, and information – to achieve its goal. Remember that when you hear “respected voices” such as the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the National Association of Manufacturers or the Peterson Institute for International Economics call for lifting tariffs on China…
Let me backtrack here because I don’t want to imply that President Trump is not aware of that threat, since one of the reasons he ran was to address that very problem. And he has done so brilliantly by taking on the globalists with his incredibly successful trade and tariff policy that, until a few weeks ago, had the Chi-Coms back on their heels. So it’s rather convenient that this outbreak occurred just as the Democrats were shooting themselves in the face with the two old coots and Trump was cruising to a massive reelection victory. No doubt, four more years of Trump would seriously de-rail the Chi-Coms’ ambitions. Considering their flat economy, big trouble in little Hong Kong and elsewhere, Trump’s attempt to de-couple could even pose a threat to the party itself.
Unfortunately, the Democrat-Media Complex being what it is, and the nature of mass-disease real or imagined, the President cannot outwardly poo-poo the Too Wong Flu and so he is forced to play the game of throwing money at the problem. And considering Malig-Nancy Pelosi is attempting to use most of the money to open the borders and prisons, kill infants in the womb, jump start Green New Deals and every other crackpot Leftist wealth transfer and power-grab imaginable, it’s yet more titanic waste. But “if it saves just one life…” (puke).
The other thing to note in the piece linked above, and as evidenced by the headlines is the Chi-Coms’ massive attempt, aided and abetted by a media as well as leading Democrats that include their presidential frontrunner who are provably in bed with them, to blame America for what is in effect a biological weapon of mass destruction and/or distraction that they unleashed on the world while painting themselves as victim and savior.
Sadly, given the fact that previous administrations going all the way back to Richard Nixon 48 years ago when he normalized relations with the PRC and most disastrously when Bill Clinton granted them most favored nation trading status in 1998, much of America’s industrial base dismantled itself lock, stock and barrel and moved to where labor is dirt cheap and plentiful (don’t get me started on Loral Space either). In return for putting millions of Americans out of work and on the dole, we get moldy drywall, poisoned cat food and cell phones that spy on us 24/7, mostly courtesy of slave labor with zero regard for their health and safety or that of the environment. Mother Gaia weeps, I’m sure.
I can’t entirely blame corporatist greed for selling us out since our government with its onerous regulatory regime makes it nearly impossible (and in some instances criminal) to open a lemonade stand let alone a steel mill, and organized labor with its demands for ever-higher wages and ridiculous work regulations that made productivity a joke. No coincidence either that both were the handmaidens of the Left for decades. That’s not to say we don’t need to conduct business ethically, responsibly and fairly; we do, but that is another debate for another time.
Well, given our President’s commitment to standing up for our nation (what a novel idea), we now find ourselves behind an 8 ball that, if something is not done now will become the size of the boulder at the beginning of Raiders of the Lost Ark. Like everything else that is now made in China, 95% of our medicines, active ingredients and medical supplies now come from over there. In fact, I seem to recall that the last factory that fermented the active ingredients for penicillin shuttered a little over a decade ago. Given what we are experiencing today, this is probably what is meant by the terms “over a barrel” and “by the short hairs.”
Rasmussen just released a poll that shows a significant number of Americans believe that the Chi-Coms withholding crucial medical supplies should be considered an act of war. President Trump has shown time and again that he is not going to back down from either the Chi-Coms or their confederates in the Democrat Party and the agitprop media. I’d hate to think of what will happen should Xi decide to halt all shipments of antibiotics should the Too Wong Flu actually mutate and become an actual plague.
Circling back to Rasmussen, we may not be at war but it sure as hell resembles it. Perhaps a better use of the trillions set to be pumped into the stock market or handed out as $1,000 checks to each citizen, the President in declaring a national emergency order the suspension of all regulations affecting the construction and operation of pharmaceutical and medical supply plants, grant an 8-year tax holiday to manufacturers if they immediately break ground and start building and then roll that out to steel mills, appliance makers, textile mills and every other damned sector to bring them back here as soon as possible.
Before Pearl Harbor, we had the 17th ranked army in the world, our factories were mostly shuttered due to FDR’s Great Depression and New Deal madness but within a few short years, we became the world’s lone military and industrial powerhouse which lasted well into the 1960s. Please don’t tell me it can’t be done again, because it has to be done again. I think this is where whatever money we have left or can print (feh) is best spent because in the long run it will pay back dividends we can’t even imagine, both economically and geopolitically,
Yes I realize we have national disunity and a political party and other assorted flunkies, traitors and sellouts that are in bed with our enemy and put us under the gun in the first place. But given the nature of what’s going on, I think a lot of eyes are being opened about the folly of China and the duplicitousness of those who cover for them. It’s the kind of thing that, aside from hardcore Leftist dead-enders, can be one of those events that an change the course of history.
It won’t be over, until it’s over over there.
CHINESE CORONAVIRUS, FICTIONS AND FACTS
- Dr. Fauci: President Not Responsible for Delayed COVID-19 Testing; Trump: Biden Should Apologize
- White House Preparing to Call on Military to Boost Coronavirus Medical Response
- Will the Real Victim of the Wuhan Flu “Crisis” Be Your Rights?
- China’s Coronavirus Infects 18 Elderly in Illinois Nursing Home
- Cuomo: I Have No Plans to Quarantine Any City (smacks down crazy De Bolshevik – jjs)
- “Straight Talk”: Here Are the 10 Key Things a “Medical Detective” Says About Chinese COVID-19
- Chinese COVID-19: The Unwarranted Panic
- US Death Toll From Coronavirus Reaches 100
- Infectious Disease, Then and Now
- What the Democrats Have Done During Coronavirus is Enough to Make You Sick
- Goodwin: One Result of Chinese Coronavirus is a Healthy Dose of Bipartisanship (really? And feh! – jjs)
- The Left Exploits a Pandemic
- Pentagon Officials Say Joe Biden’s Chinese Coronavirus Proposal is Totally Wrong and Would Actually Make Things Worse
- Why States “Governing Themselves” During the Chinese Coronavirus Outbreak is a Good Thing
- Prager: Why the Remedy May Be Worse Than the Disease
ECONOMIC IMPACT OF YELLOW PERIL
More on China’s dangerous hegemonic dreams, stocks up at least for now on the President’s stimulus plan, I’ve changed my mind on closing the stock market with a nod towards CBD who also put my mind right on that, VP Pence with a positive outlook on the future, Mnuchin with some scary talk, Donkey-Chompers braying like a dolt, the downside of stimulus-palooza, and Daniel Greenfield on being from the government and here to help. I double down on my call to eradicate the bureaucracy.
- China’s Post-Virus Plan to Destroy America’s Economy
- Stocks Jump Higher on Trump Administration Stimulus Plans, Dow Up Nearly 1050 Points
- Keep the Markets Open (I was wrong – jjs)
- VP Pence: When Chinese Coronavirus Outbreak is Over, the “Economy Will Come Roaring Back”
- Mnuchin Warns of 20% Unemployment if Chinese Coronavirus Stimulus Doesn’t Pass
- “Unacceptable”: Trump Pushes Big Tax Cuts to Help Americans; Donkey-Chompers AOC Sounds Alarm
- Casinos, Airlines Lobbying Congress for Billions in Coronavirus Bailout Funds
- Student Vets Could Be Left Homeless Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
- Are You Ready For the Great American Business Bailout Lollapalooza?
- A Plan to Save Main Street From the Coronavirus Economic Crisis
- 2009 Stimulus Was an Ineffective Tidal Wave of Nothing (that was baked into every budget since – jjs)
- Greenfield: You Can’t Get Hand Sanitizer Because of Government Regulations
POLITICS, 2020 ELECTION
Well, even with the Too Wong Flu-affected primaries, it looks like Joe Biden has effectively rendered Bernie dead in the water but some polls indicate otherwise and Bernie still intends to fight on to the end, Trump though wins big again and has also sewed up the nomination, Dems using the Chinese Lung AIDS cancer epidemic to campaign against Trump (national unity in time of crisis my ass), Biden is in the Chi-Coms’ pocket, an essay that praises Mike DeWine for opposing a judge and eight crazy things Bernie has belched up to bigly boost Bolshevism.
- Once Again President Trump is the Big Winner in Yesterday’s Primaries
- Trump Officially Secures Republican Nomination, Campaign Manager Posts “Turnout” Video
- Biden Crushes Castro Apologist in Florida Primary, Nomination Within Sight
- Biden Shuts Down Bernie Sanders Once Again in Primary Night Marred by Chinese Coronavirus
- Mid-Crisis, Democrat Super PAC to Spend $5 Million Attacking Trump over Coronavirus
- Poll: Biden’s National Lead Over Sanders Shrinks to Single-Digits
- Florida Poll Shows Trump Beating Biden, Bernie
- Report: Bernie to Drag Out Election Regardless of Primary Results
- Joe Biden, the Manchurian Virus Candidate
- It Took Chinese Coronavirus and the Ohio Governor to Finally Push Back Against a Judge (in praise of DeWine – jjs)
- 8 Crazy Things Bernie Has Said to Propagandize Socialism
CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION, SHAMPEACHMENT
Evidently they hope we’ll cover our eyes and not just our mouths. Michael Flynn must be pardoned and then restored now.
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM
JeBBOs intent on self-gassing no matter what (Jews By Birth Only).
DEMOCRAT-LEFTIST SCANDALS, CRIMES, CHUTZ-POCRISY, MESHUGAS
Bro-Fo’s new hubby getting big campaign cash? No skin off her joy buzzer. Also, Rancida Taliban backpedals from disgusting Camera Hogg Tweet.
- Bro-Fo Omar/Nur is Her New Husband’s Biggest Client, Public Records Show
- Rancida Taliban Tries to Justify Why She Shared Camera Hogg’s “F**k a National Day of Prayer” Tweet
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER CRISIS, BORDER SECURITY
Yes, let’s throw those borders wide open, and the silver lining in Too Wong Flu is the destruction of open borders once and for all.
- Aliens Arrested by ICE Last Year Had Been Convicted of 1,549 Homicides
- Because of the Chinese Coronavirus, Borders Suddenly Matter
FIRST AMENDMENT, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER BIG TECH
First Scarborough’s fair now Dana won’t bash but praise Trump on his Too Wong Flu leadership, as China tries to lie with the help of the Slimes, Trump is not going to have it, and they are the Manchurian Media.
- CNN’s Bash Praises Trump’s Tone on Coronavirus; “The Kind of Leader That People Need” (Zucker to fire her in 5,4,3,2… – jjs)
- China Boots US Journalists
- “I’m Not Going to Let Them Get Away With It”: Trump Snaps at NY Times for “Disgraceful” Chinese Coronavirus Coverage
- The Manchurian Media
Dem party purges last vestige of pro-life politicos, and keep the baby killing mills going no matter the Chi-Com plague.
- Abortion Groups, Justice Dems Spend Big to Oust Pro-Life Dem
- National Abortion Federation: Don’t Let Coronavirus Crisis Stop Abortions
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
EU does too little too late, several links on the Chi-Coms spinning and obfuscating, interesting Rasmussen poll for interesting times, Iran on verge of crack-up, both they and Italy are paying the price for the egg roll in the hay, and while we’re all looking this way, Vladimir crowns himself Tsar for another 16 years.
- European Union Will Close Its Borders in Response to Chinese Coronavirus Spread
- NSC Torches China In Statement For Not Stopping “Wuhan Coronavirus”
- Conservative Leaders Call for Investigation into China’s Handling of Chinese Coronavirus
- China’s New Top Priority: Spinning Chinese Coronavirus and Blaming the US
- Rasmussen: 26% Say China Restricting US Access to Drugs Would Be “An Act of War” (that makes Dems and the CoC traitors – jjs)
- The Iranian Regime Alone is to Blame for Iran’s Chinese Coronavirus Crisis
- Iranian Crowds Continue to Storm, Lick Shrine Despite Coronavirus Risk
- Iran and Italy Are Paying a Hefty Price for Close Ties With Communist China
- Iran “Scaling Back” on Terror Activities as Coronavirus Outbreak Cripples Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (it’s funny-sounding, but telling – jjs)
- Reset: Russian Parliament Declares National Do-Over, Allows Putin to Rule Until 2036
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
Trump can only do so much, evidently, more on why we must decouple, and the other crisis, the oil war.
- Despite Trump’s Best Efforts, Economic Freedom Declined in the US Last Year
- Chinese Coronavirus Shows Why America Must Get Resources From Our Own Backyard, Not China
- Oil in the Time of Corona
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
What could possibly go wrong? And Duncan Hunter to face the music.
- The Latest Leftist Response to Chinese Coronavirus? Open Up the Jails
- Former Republican Rep. Duncan Hunter Sentenced to 11 Months in Prison
What could possibly go wrong here and has it been 10 years since Obamacare was rammed down our gullet?
- HHS Waives Potential Privacy Penalties Over Tele-Health During Wuhan Virus Pandemic
- A Decade of Obamacare
Good article on the laws of supply and demand, and what happens when government interferes.
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
Our intrepid science reporter is on the scene. Virtually.
CULTURE WARS, HITHER & YON
Virus? What virus? Also, a silver lining in “social distancing?” More on that deplorable hunting movie, and Nick Searcy, conservative out and proud in Hollywood.
- An All-American Response to a Chinese Virus
- Today’s Social Distancing and Tomorrow’s Virtual Togetherness
- The Hunt for Red State Deplorables
- Nick Searcy: Stop Being Afraid of Hollywood Bullies
NOTE: The opinions expressed in some links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.