Good morning, kids. Another grim milestone of 24 more hours just marking time, otherwise known as Tuesday from a casual glance at the calendar. Actually, there are some signs of hope from here in NYC, one of the epicenters of the Kung Fu Grippe. Despite our idiot health director’s claim that mass graves are being dug in Central Park (the same idiot health director who only a month ago exhorted people to party on in Chinatown), the Rotting Apple’s hospitals have been discharging more patients than admitting for four straight days, Governor Nipsy Cuomo stating that no more ventilators are needed, and an economist from MIT reporting his analysis shows the so-called “curve” flattening in NYC. On a national level, President Trump is already calling for the formation of another committee to spearhead the post-lockdown restarting of the economy. With the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) model that has been cited by the administration now lowering its death projections in the US, the lifting of the lockdown can’t happen fast enough. At the very least, the administration should be looking at targeted and phased in lifting of restrictions where people who test positive (sick or asymptomatic), the elderly, and those with poor pulmonary or immune systems remain quarantined until a date TBD. The President, who had been uncharacteristically glum for the past week, said on Sunday “we see light at the end of the tunnel.”
Broken record time from me: every death and every person suffering with this Chinese-originated pestilence is for sure a tragedy. Yet it is being dealt with as an extinction-level catastrophe that has caused untold more suffering, and needlessly in my opinion. The ultimate death toll from the disease will not have justified the wholesale wiping out of businesses and the life savings of millions while setting a very dangerous precedent in the erosion of our liberties. As to the death toll itself, Julie Kelly is echoing my concerns that the stats are going to be juiced, intentionally or perhaps merely driven by the mass hysteria of the media so as to cloud the judgment of doctors and nurses when they fill out the death certificates:
… Guidelines recently released by the Centers for Disease Control bolster concerns that the death toll is being rigged to show a higher fatality rate. “In cases where a definite diagnosis of COVID-19 cannot be made, but it is suspected or likely (e.g., the circumstances are compelling within a reasonable degree of certainty), it is acceptable to report COVID-19 on a death certificate as ‘probable’ or ‘presumed’,” the agency advises. “In these instances, certifiers should use their best clinical judgment in determining if a COVID-19 infection was likely.”
That clinical judgment, alarmingly, does not require administering a test to confirm the presence of the virus.
“Ideally, testing for COVID-19 should be conducted, but it is acceptable to report COVID-19 on a death certificate without this confirmation if the circumstances are compelling within a reasonable degree of certainty,” the guidelines state…
And you can bet your bottom dollar that the Democrat-Media Complex is going to make sure that every death from here on out will be murder by Chi-Com Lung AIDS with Donald Trump as the perpetrator. But I digress.
The nature of viruses, including what we know of this one, means that there will be secondary and perhaps tertiary infections and a concomitant rise in deaths after we lift the lockdown, but this is normal. Then again, the lockdown itself is thought to have prevented what’s known as a herd immunity from occurring, which could make a recurrence of infection that much more severe. And Anthony Fauci’s stance is that the lockdown should remain in place until there are zero reported cases if infection. That means permanent lockdown, which is clearly impossible. Yet still he persists.
The sickness and death of several thousand people, even if it comes close to the nearly 70,000 who died from flu alone last year, or the nearly 3,000,000 (2017) from a litany of diseases or other causes still does not justify putting the lives of the other 315,000,000 Americans through hell. Life must go on. That doesn’t mean we tolerate or dismiss even one death. It’s what makes the current talking point/attack line of the Left so risible and infuriating given the history of Socialism and the body count it has left and continues to leave, in its wake; that Trump and normal America care more about money than human life.
Back in the real world, so-called “essential” businesses such as supermarkets and pharmacies as well as liquor stores are allowed to remain open, but everything else is ordered shuttered. Does the Peking Pox know not to traipse into the Whole Foods Market or hang ten offshore in Santa Monica? Tucker Carlson nailed it:
… “We’ve decided that offices are somehow more dangerous than supermarkets, far more dangerous, though no one has bothered to explain how. The result: by some estimates, more 17 million Americans are unemployed right now. That’s the highest number in the history of this country. A year from now, we should think about this. How will we feel about all this, about our decisions in the face of this pandemic? Is there a single person who sincerely expects the coronavirus itself will hurt more people in the end than the damage we’re causing in our response to it? Probably not. Mass unemployment is almost certain to cause far more harm – including physical harm – to the average family than this disease…
Once again, coronavirus is not the only bad thing that’s happening in America right now, horrifying as it is” Carlson concluded. “We should never minimize the danger of this pandemic, or minimize our obligation to respond to it wisely… No thoughtful person wants to reopen baseball stadiums tomorrow or book a cruise to Shanghai, but there has to be a more balanced course than the one we are on now. For most people, going to work cannot be more dangerous than buying produce at Safeway twice a week. And if it is more dangerous, tell us how it’s more dangerous, and be specific when you describe that. Otherwise, it’s time to start caring about the entire population. Healthy people are suffering badly too.”
President Trump: Lift this lousy lockdown.
CHINESE CORONAVIRUS, FICTIONS AND FACTS
Looking at the latest links, aside from the good news mentioned coming out of the epidemic epicenter in New York, it certainly appears our response is being driven by fear than facts, a look at how Sweden has handled this by not locking down and focusing on the next wave of infection instead vis a vis herd immunity, Nipsy Cuomo evidently is ignoring the media and wants HCQ for use in New York, after his dumb Pearl Harbor and the Explosions line, the surgeon general lays down some truth, I’m shocked(!) to learn that this disease strikes the elderly much harder than the young, St. Louis Fed head wants plague victims to wear an identifying badge, the lockdown and not the disease is the cause of medical staff shortages, despite the propaganda the US is near the bottom of the list on deaths per capita, and Lloyd Billingsley with an unflattering look at a CDC unit and how it utterly failed in its mission.
- MIT Economist: NYC Chinese Coronavirus Curve Already Flattening
- For Four Straight Days, NY Hospitals Discharging More Patients Than Bringing In
- IHME Model Lowers US Chinese Coronavirus Death Projections
- Trump: “We See Light at the End of the Tunnel”; “I Would Ask That All Americans Pray”
- Kelly: Are Chinese COVID-19 Deaths Being Over-Reported?
- Fear, Not Science, Guides Our Current Approach to Chinese COVID-19
- Trump’s Swedish Gambit Against Virus Checkmate
- NYC Health Committee Chair Says Mass Graves in Parks Could Happen… But 30 Days Ago He Told New Yorkers to Party in Chinatown
- Nipsy Cuomo: “We Don’t Need Any Additional Ventilators”
- Nipsy Cuomo Wants Trump Admin to Increase HCQ Supply Since NY Tests Show Promise
- NYC Health Data Shows How Wuhan Virus Grows More Severe With Age (well, duh – jjs)
- Democrat Michigan State Rep. With Chinese Coronavirus Credits Trump With Saving Her Life
- A Mitigation Disaster: A National Stay-at-Home Order Would be Deadlier Than Chinese COVID-19
- Surgeon General: More People Will Die From Cigarette Smoking Than From Chinese Coronavirus This Year (finally talking sense – jjs)
- Shutdown, Not Chinese Coronavirus, is Causing Loss of Medical Personnel
- Of Worst-Hit Countries, US Has Third-Lowest Fatality Rate, Third-Lowest Per Capita Death Toll
- Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis CEO: People Should Get Tested Daily, Wear a Badge (how about a 6-pointed yellow star? – jjs)
- Who Really Failed to Stop the Chinese Coronavirus from Hitting American Soil? A Troubling Look at the CDC’s Elite Epidemic Intelligence Service
ECONOMIC IMPACT OF THE LUNG MARCH
Trump nominates one of his own for this Special IG post, Tu-Ca questions the data, stocks make a massive gain yesterday which means either good news or Soros and the Chinese Mandarins are taking advantage of the panic, and two essays about the eventual rebound once the economy is unleashed again. Kineinahurra.
- Trump One-Ups Malig-Nancy Pelosi; Nominates White House Lawyer to Serve as “Special Inspector General For Pandemic Recovery”
- Tu-Ca Questions Data Behind Prolonged Shutdown Arguments: “It’s Time to Start Caring About the Entire Population”
- Stocks Surge Higher, Dow Jumps More Than 7% (great news, or are the Chi-Coms and Soros buying everything in sight? – jjs)
- How About Some Good News on the Economy?
- The Economy Will Recover from Chinese Coronavirus, But It Will Take Patience
POLITICS, 2020 ELECTION
The Wisconsin Primary is today, thanks to a last minute SCOTUS intercession to prevent the Dems from cheating, Home Depot’s co-founder Bernie Marcus with a truth nugget, reading the political tealeaves on Trump and the virus, Trump and Biden have a phone call on the Federal virus response; meh, I don’t see the advantage for Trump. Also, DNC spending millions on YouTube swing state ads, Sanders surrogate lashes out at that campaign, Dems/Progs looking to capitalize on virus to beat up Trump, former Hillary shyster pimping write-in votes to steal the 2020 election, and Christian Toto rips Cookie Milano a new one for her hypocrisy in defending Joe Biden from rape-rape charges.
- Wisconsin Primary Will Go On Despite State Shelter-In-Place Orders, Court Says
- SCOTUS Rebuffs DNC Efforts to Extend Voting in Wisconsin
- Home Depot Co-Founder: Congress Should Have Been Investigating the Pandemic, Not Impeaching Trump
- Trump vs. the Chinese Coronavirus: What the Polls Say
- Democrats Vent Anger at Sanders, Conflicted Over Biden’s Wuhan Coronavirus Strategy
- Trump and Biden Had a Monday Phone Call About Government’s Chinese Coronavirus Response (why give the demented rapist legitimacy? – jjs)
- DNC Drops $22 Million For YouTube Advertising In Swing States
- Will Dems Demand Postponing the Election They’re Afraid They’ll Lose?
- “They Treated Us Like Slaves”: Former Sanders Surrogate Lashes Out at Campaign
- Democrats Prep to Blame Trump for the Chinese Coronavirus Economy
- Progressive Groups Betting Trump’s Briefings Will Be Left’s “Greatest Ammunition”
- Former Clinton Campaign Attorney Marc Elias: US Needs Vote-by-Mail, Ballot Harvesting, “Vote-Anywhere” Rules (like a hole in the head – jjs)
- Toto: Cookie Milano’s Biden Defense Is More Pathetic Than You Can Imagine
SHAMPEACHMENT, CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION,
Will no one rid us of Susan Collins? Michael Atkinson, as Margot Cleveland illustrates, was an anti-Trump Deep State hack that had to go and yet the Maine Pain persists. Feh. Also, State Dept. will not shield Hillary from testifying about Benghazi. Chris Stevens, Sean Smith, Glen Doherty and Ty Woods should not be forgotten.
- Maine Pain Collins Sides with Dems, Calls Trump Firing of Atkinson “Not Warranted”
- Trump Defends Firing “Terrible” Intel IG Atkinson: “He’s a Total Disgrace”
- Cleveland: Why Inspector General Michael Atkinson Roundly Deserved to be Fired
- Hillary Clinton Can’t Duck Out of Benghazi Testimony by Citing Official Privilege, State Dept. Says
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER CRISIS, BORDER SECURITY
While the Chi-Com Lung Gleet is great news for the border, foreign workers are being allowed in without being tested. Sheesh.
- Illegal Immigration Across Southern Border Plunging Because of Chinese Coronavirus
- Great News: H-2A, H-2B Foreign Workers Not Tested for Chinese Coronavirus Before Entering US
FIRST AMENDMENT, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER BIG TECH
FCC rejects Leftist push to halt broadcast of Trump virus pressers, CNN was all impeachment all the time when the virus was starting to enter the news cycle, American media is a Chinese Communist willing parrot, the crying nurse is CBS’ exploding gas tank, Trump confronts Chinese “reporter” at presser, Facebook hates do-it-yourselfers promoting how to make masks as well as “misinformation,” i.e. the truth, a couple of links about the virus as cover to persecute the faithful, Steven Crowder exposes NBC reporterette/propagandist, and welcome to the new Stasi-fied surveillance state.
- FCC Rejects Petition that Would Have “Dangerously” Curtailed Free Speech
- Study Found CNN Barely Paid Attention to Wuhan Coronavirus During Trump Impeachment Trial
- American Media Is Amplifying Chinese Propaganda
- Jussie Smollett in Scrubs: CBS Story of Crying Nurse Who Claimed No Chinese COVID-19 Protection Just Crumbled
- Trump Asks Reporter If She’s Working For Chinese Government After Pro-Beijing Questions
- Facebook Censors Do-It-Yourself Charitable Face Masks While Cracking Down on Chinese Coronavirus “Misinformation”
- Why It’s Unconstitutional to Keep Grocery Stores Open While Closing Churches
- Is Nothing Sacred?
- Steven Crowder Calls NBC News Propagandist, Confronts Her about Article on Lady Who Drank Fish Tank Cleaner; Goes About How You’d Expect
- Ankle Trackers, Tickets, Beatings: Welcome to the Chinese COVID-19 Surveillance State Stasi
Of all people a Trump appointee keeps the baby-killers open in Oklahoma.
- Judge Blocks Oklahoma Ban on Elective Abortion During Pandemic (and he’s a Trump appointee; ugh – jjs)
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
Bo-Jo to the ICU, Katie Hopkins on the Queen’s speech, Austria leads the way in ending the lockdown, Iranians face regime punishment for revealing the facts on the ground, BDS founder would rather have Joo-cooties than Chinese Lung AIDS, Trump admin first ever to label white supremacist group as terrorist, and Italy’s retired doctors willing to face death to battle the Beijing Breathing Blight.
- Chinese Coronavirus: British PM Boris Johnson Under “Intensive Care” in London Hospital
- Hopkins: The Queen’s Words of Comfort and Thanks
- Austria First European Country to Announce Multi-Step Plan to Ease Chinese Coronavirus Lockdown
- In Iran, Leaks of Chinese Coronavirus Information May Spur Increased Government Repression
- Comedy Gold! BDS Co-Founder Says Anti-Israel Boycotts Don’t Apply to Potential Chinese Coronavirus Vaccine
- Trump Admin Becomes First Ever to Label White Supremacist Group as a Terrorist Group
- Servants of Hippocrates: Thousands of Italy’s Retired Doctors Are Risking Their Lives to Battle Chinese Covid-19
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
Acting Navy Secretary Modley walks back his ripping of USS Roosevelt skipper, Democrat on Armed Services Committee wants Modley fired, and a look at the security implications of the shipboard infection. They’re not good.
- Modly Issues Apology to the Navy, Capt. Crozier and USS Roosevelt Crew
- Military Triage in the Pandemic
- Democrat Leader of Armed Services Committee Calls for Navy Secretary’s Firing
- Chinese COVID-19: The Security Implications
Daniel Greenfield on the Dems love affair with Hamas in time of plague.
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE BUREAUCRACY, WASTE, FRAUD, ABUSE
Never let a good crisis go to waste. Abolish the entire Federal bureaucracy.
- They Want to Make Masks in America, But Regulators Can’t Let Them
- Fighting Chinese Covid-19 in the Red-Tape Nation
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
Two on today’s Orwellian turning of he concept of law and order on its ear.
- Progressive Lawmakers Keep Feeding “The Crime Virus”
- Crackdowns on Lone Surfers and Paddleboarders Threaten to Erode Respect for Law Enforcement Even Further
Dreading to see the suicide stats for this period.
Trump recalls the life and good works of Rabbi Menachem Schneerson, and “once the coronavirus pandemic subsides, might it not be better if we tried to attract American students and their tuition dollars by competing to provide a rigorous, remunerative education?”
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
Our intrepid science reporter with a reminder that Mars is far from being a dead planet.
CULTURE WARS, HITHER & YON
Thumbs up for a new Netflix series, believe it or not, some context on the Peking Pox and Salena Zito with a sad report from the heartland. Maybe there’s a silver lining in that more people will exit the cities for greener pastures. So long as they leave their voting habits with them.
- Caliphate – The Series Every Western Feminist Needs to See
- The 10 Deadliest Disasters in American History
- Zito: Chinese Coronavirus Claims New Victims – Places and Pasts
NOTE: The opinions expressed in some links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.