Good morning, kids. Wednesday, and another grim milestone of yet another day of America held hostage. As of this 5:00AM Eastern, the box score here in the US for Chinese Lung AIDS stands at:
614,451 Confirmed Cases
29,898 Deaths* **
Total US Population = 331,002,651
*Includes deaths of those carrying the virus who may have actually died from other causes
** May now include several thousand more as a result of NYC’s reclassifying of non-virus deaths as virus deaths
Before I go any further, it’s kind of frustrating to have to note that there are still some who, because they can’t challenge the fact of the wildly inaccurate models plus the now open shenanigans to juice the number of deaths, are basically implying that I’m ghoulish or heartless in wanting the lockdowns lifted even if it means more will die. Here’s a newsflash: More people indeed are going to die today and the odds are the overwhelming majority who do so are going have their ticket punched for some other reason than the Chinese Lung AIDS.
Once again, here are the top 10 causes of death last year as listed by our very own CDC (FYI it comes from this Breitbart post from last September in response to the gun-grabbers’ latest claims about death from evil pew-pews):
1. Daily Heart Disease Deaths: 1,773 x 365 = 647,175
2. Daily Cancer Deaths: 1,641 x 365 = 598,965
3. Daily Medical Malpractice Deaths: 685 x 365 = 250,025
4. Daily Accident Deaths: 465 x 365 = 169,725
5. Daily Lower Respiratory Disease Deaths: 439 x 365 =160,235
6. Daily Stroke Deaths: 401 x 365 = 146,365
7. Daily Alzheimer Deaths: 332 x 365 = 121,180
8. Daily Diabetes Deaths: 229 x 365 = 83,585
9. Daily Drug Deaths: 192 x 365 = 70,080
10. Daily Flu: 152 x 365 = 55,480
Total Daily Deaths: 6,309, x 365 = 2,302,785
I can hear the detractors looking at number 10 on the list and shouting “ZOMFG! It’s the end of the world! We’re going to maybe double the flu numbers when this is over! If it’s ever over! Oh the humanity!” Please, spare me, and your own sanity. For argument’s sake, let’s assume the death stats are accurate meaning that every death was indeed caused by Peking Pox, even if there were other underlying conditions. Let’s also assume that when this plays out, the total number of deaths will be 60,000. The 2017 flu season was particularly nasty, the worst since 1976, and the CDC estimated that some 80,000 died as a result of it. So if you add last year’s stat of 55,000 to my guesstimate of 60,000 that gives you just over 115,000 total. Even if you add it to the 80,000 figure of the worst flu season in 40 years, that only moves it up a few spots on the hit parade.
We’re getting into the weeds, though, with the numbers. But the salient point is that more people are dying every day of other causes by orders of magnitude greater than flu and certainly greater than the Chinese Lung AIDS. Yes, the latter might kill people and no doubt can and will be a factor in someone’s demise who is already elderly or at risk because of compromised lungs or immune systems – the same as they would be for ordinary everyday flu.
And yet, we have allowed government at all levels to use the now provably and wildly inaccurate prognostications of the technocrats to put virtually the entire nation under house arrest under the guise of halting the spread of something that, although nasty and lethal to be sure, is nowhere near the extinction-level plague that the media is pimping it as. The estimable Betsy McCaughey warns that the death toll from the virus will ultimately pale from those who died as a direct result of the lockdown:
…The academics and public-health officials who have concocted models of the virus’ spread are telling us that we have to continue the shutdown to save thousands of lives. It’s too bad none of their models considers the deaths that will be caused by unemployment…
Job losses cause extreme suffering. Every 1 percent hike in the unemployment rate will likely produce a 3.3 percent increase in drug-overdose deaths and a 0.99 percent increase in suicides, according to data from the National Bureau of Economic Research and the medical journal Lancet.
These are facts based on past experience, not models. If unemployment hits 32 percent, some 77,000 Americans are likely to die from suicide and drug overdoses as a result of layoffs. Deaths of despair. Then add the predictable deaths from alcohol abuse by caused by unemployment. Health economist Michael French from the University of Miami found a “significant association between job loss” and binge drinking and alcoholism.
The impact of layoffs goes beyond suicide, drug overdosing and drinking, however. Overall, the death rate for an unemployed person is 63 percent higher than for someone with a job, according to findings in the journal Social Science & Medicine. Now do the math: Layoff-related deaths could far outnumber the 60,400 coronavirus deaths predicted by University of Washington researchers. This comparison isn’t meant to understate the horror of the coronavirus for those who get it and their families. But heavy-handed state edicts to close all “nonessential businesses” need to be reassessed in light of the predictable harm to the lives, livelihoods and health of the uninfected…
McCaughey is absolutely correct. If the technocrats and Democrats (BIRM) want to play games with numbers and claim those who died of underlying health issues who had the virus died of the virus, then I too want a statistic of those who died from government house arrest who had heart attacks, strokes, overdoses or suicide.
Now all that said, I will concede that Chinese COVID-19 is brand new, and there may be things about it that we don’t know or understand, thanks to the Chi-Coms who more than likely cooked this thing up in a first world Wuhan bio research lab yet ironically are so backward culturally vis a vis cleanliness and sanitation that they let it escape into the revolting wet market right next door. “>There is a rather alarming report that researchers are claiming that the Peking Pox could actually attack the immune system much like HIV/AIDS. That said, considering our Agitprop “media” that is in bed with the Chi-Coms and pumping out almost verbatim Central Committee communiques, and the Chi-Coms own censorship, how do we really know that this claim isn’t just disinformation meant to keep our country on lockdown long enough to not just severely damage but destroy it? As I stated earlier, the Left and Media (BIRM) have lied so brazenly and so long about so many other things that most people will just tune them out even if another one of these viruses spreads and it really is like the 1918 Spanish Flu.
Switching gears, I was going to go into a rant about my disgust at having to once again have to cite statistics that we all should know and understand. But it does get to the heart of the issue insofar as, as each useless, helpless day goes by while vile bastards like Ralph Coonman McMugabe, Gauleiter Gretchen Whitmer and Roy “Al Pain” Cooper dictate what we can and cannot do, more and more citizens are becoming enraged. Their anger is not so much from the at first seemingly reasonable “request” to stop the spread of this virus but, now that the spread is abating and the estimates of death and catastrophe provably wrong, the insistence on keeping their hobnailed Manolo Blahniks and Ferragamos on our necks.
More and more people now are aware of the fact that the Democrat-Media Complex’s will to power is proving deadlier than any disease ever could. Stirrings of righteous rage are smoldering in Michigan, Ohio and North Carolina and the Left will do everything and anything to snuff it out. May it burn through the soles of their jackboots and then consume them.
If they won’t lift the lockdowns, then break the damned chains.
CHINESE CORONAVIRUS, FICTIONS AND FACTS
And as stated, people have had enough in Michigan, Ohio and North Carolina but in the latter, the tyrants have sicked the cops on people engaging in their first amendment right to protest, our intrepid science reporter Bob Zimmerman notes the tyrants are now dictating the very vague conditions where they will lift the lockdown yet actually reserve the right to squash the Constitution as and when the like, a call to make them pay at the voting booth, that is if the elections aren’t rigged, a recall petition aimed at Gauleiter Whitmer zooms past 200,000 signatures, Angelo Codevilla on the will to power, NYC juicing the death stats by 4,000, Fauci’s job seems safe for now, Dem lawmaker who was stricken by the Oriental Lung Rot praises Trump and HCQ, and on the seductiveness and wild inaccuracy of computer models.
- Michigan: Angry Residents to Swarm Capital in “Operation Gridlock”
- Police Threaten, Arrest North Carolina Protesters Demanding America Reopen
- First Amendment Fail: Raleigh Police – “Protesting is a Non-Essential Activity”
- An Appeal to North Carolina’s Governor
- Crowd Gathers Outside Ohio Statehouse to Protest Chinese Coronavirus Lockdown
- Americans Will Decide When Lockdown Is Over
- State Governments Announce Demands Before Releasing Citizens From House Arrest
- Liberate America by Turning the Political Pain up to 11
- Codevilla: Reason, Emergencies, and Self-Government
- NYC Adds Nearly 4,000 People Who Never Tested Positive To Chinese Coronavirus Death Tolls
- McCaughey: We Must Count the Deaths From Shutdowns as well as Chinese Coronavirus
- Researchers Report Wuhan Coronavirus Could Attack Immune System Like HIV by Targeting Protective Cells (or is this disinformation to keep us crippled? – jjs)
- Petition to Recall Gauleiter Whitmer Rockets to Over 200,000 Signatures
- Miami Mom Loses Custody of Her 4 Year-Old Daughter Because She’s a Doctor Treating Chinese COVID-19 Patients
- Dr. Fauci’s Job Appears Safe… For Now
- “I Wouldn’t Be Here Today”: Dem Lawmaker Thanks Trump at the White House for Pushing for HCQ
- Climate Models and Chinese COVID-19 Models
ECONOMIC IMPACT OF THE LUNG MARCH
The President is clashing with the blue state governors about who has the authority to lift lockdowns. Funny how the Democrats are suddenly the staunchest supporters of the 10th Amendment, but as I always say, they use the Constitution as both shield and cudgel when they’re not using it as toilet paper, Malig-Nancy Pelosi a total hypocrite on this, the lifeblood of the American economy is small business and it’s draining away from our rhetorical slit wrists, Costco’s American meat packing plant stays open, Bar Rescue’s Jon Taffer with some advice, Salena Zito with our unsung heroes, the nation’s truckers, weighing the risks of opening up for biz, and finally a play on Herman Cain’s 9-9-9 plan, which actually echoes my own ideas for repatriating our industry and getting back on our feet for the long run.
- President Trump Clashes With Governors Over “Ultimate Authority” to Reopen the Economy
- TDS or a Genuine Effort to Halt Chinese COVID-19? East and West Coast States Announce Pacts to Address the Pandemic
- Is Malig-Nancy Pelosi Also Claiming Cuomo and Nine Other Governors Are “Sinful” For Reopening?
- Poll: 90% Small Businesses Report “Devastating Impact” of Shutdown, Federal Aid Faltering
- As Economic Losses Surge, It’s Time to Reopen America for Business
- Costco’s High-Tech Meatpacking Plant Stays Open as Chinese Virus Shuts Migrant-Labor Plants
- Bar Rescue’s Jon Taffer: Seven Ways Bars and Restaurants Can Help Lead America Out of Chinese Coronavirus
- Zito: American Truckers – Our New First Responders
- The Chinese Coronavirus Risk Assessment
- Rent Strikes Should Be a Last Resort For Jobless Tenants, Not a Tool of Social Revolution
- Need a Compelling Post-Chinese COVID, Second-Term Vision? Pull Out 9-9-9-0
POLITICS, 2020 ELECTION
A Georgia Democrat state rep endorses Trump and the knives come out, Rasmussen reports Trump more trusted than anyone in this crisis, Maryland will have in-person voting this month, Trump rips the mail-in vote scheme and calls for national voter I.D., True The Vote wins big on this in New Mexico while the battle to steal the election by the Dems will heat up, clean articulate black guy finally forced to endorse dirty, demented old white pervert, House Dems in disarray but will this crisis torpedo Trump in November, execrable California Dem Lorena Gonzalez gets ripped by hardworking taxpayer she attempted to belittle, Heather Mac Donald dismantles the racism angle to the Chi-Com Lung AIDS, and this crisis shows Globalism’s refusal to go willingly into that good night.
- Georgia Democrat Vernon Jones Becomes First To Endorse Trump, Credits His Work For Black Community
- “Action Will Be Taken”: Georgia Democrats Vow Revenge On Lawmaker Who Endorsed Trump
- Rasmussen: More Voters Trust Trump “In the Current Coronavirus Crisis” Than Trust Typical Congressman or Reporter
- Maryland Will Host In-Person Voting On April 28, Reversing Decision Yet Again
- President Trump Calls for Elimination of “Ballot Harvesting,” Says “The USA Must Have Voter I.D., the Only Way to Get an Honest Count!”
- Stopped Cold: True The Vote Ends Left’s Vote-by-Mail Scheme in New Mexico as National Battle Intensifies
- Mail-In Voting For November Election Over Chinese Coronavirus Opens Door For Fraud, Experts Say
- Goodwin: Obama Finally Surrenders and Gives Biden His Endorsement
- Missing in Action: Dems Have No Plans To Reconvene House of Representatives Until May (good news indeed – jjs)
- The Democrats’ Perfect Storm: Can Trump Weather It?
- California Dem Assemblywoman Mocks Female CFO Who Called Her Out, Exchange Goes Viral
- Mac Donald: Chinese Coronavirus Racial Disparities Miss the Bigger Picture
- Hope Without Change: Why the Ruling Class Will Cling Harder to Globalism in the Wake of Chinese COVID-19
SHAMPEACHMENT, CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION,
Walls closing in on Brennan? I can dream, can’t I?
- John Brennan Is Main Focus of AG Barr’s Investigation; Intel Officers Have Already Testified to Grand Jury: Report
JOE BRIBEM, HUNTER BRIBEM UKRAINE, CHI-COM, SEXUAL ASSAULT, OTHER SCANDALS
Nothing to see here, move along…
- Hunter Biden Still Listed as Board Member of Chinese Company He Pledged to Resign From in October, Business Records Show
CIVIL WAR 2.0
He only said “most.” He didn’t say “all.” Sheesh (sarc).
- CA Mayor to Resign After Post Suggesting “Most” Trump Supporters Have KKK Masks (“most” and not “all?” The nerve – jjs)
DEMOCRAT-LEFTIST SCANDALS, CRIMES, CHUTZ-POCRISY, MESHUGAS
Believe all women. Except those attacking Democrats.
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER CRISIS, BORDER SECURITY
Blue state A’sG want SCOTUS to lift Trump’s EO preventing indigent immigrants getting bennies from Tio Azucar.
FIRST AMENDMENT, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER BIG TECH
DoJ going to the mattresses to defend religious freedom during the “crisis,” the media is driving this garbage, Rose McGowan rips the National Laughingstock over coverage of Tara Reade, FCC out to muzzle Chi-Com agitprop, CBS’ Paula Reid – whose husband has extensive business dealings with Beijing – once again reprimanded for her antics, Fredo Cuomo backtracks, Trump campaign sues Wisconsin TV station for lies, Joe “Intern-Crusher” Scarborough mocks Wisconsin Republicans over election loss but the story is more complicated than what the beady-eyed banjo boy lets on, and never go on 60 Minutes unless you have your own camera crew present.
- DoJ Files Court Support for Mississippi Church Barred from Holding “Drive-In” Service
- The Media Controls the “Crisis”
- Rose McGowan Slams WaPo Over Story About Biden Accuser: “I Feel Violated by Your Shitty Writing/a>
- FCC Commissioner Explains Steps US Is Taking To Stop China’s Chinese Coronavirus Propaganda
- CBS’ Paula Reid Refuses to Stop Asking Questions; Trump Staff “Paula Let’s Go, We’re Done!!!” (FYI her husband has close biz ties to the Chi-Coms – jjs)
- Fredo Cuomo Says He’s Staying at CNN Despite Journalism Rant; CNN Responds
- Trump Campaign Sues Wisconsin TV Station for Airing False “Coronavirus Hoax” Ad
- MSNBC’s Joe “Intern-Strangler” Scarborough Cracks Up At “Stupid” Wisconsin Republicans
- Peter Navarro Challenges CBS To Release His Full, 2-Hour Long 60 MinutesInterview
Leftist knives out for our guns.
- Assemblyman Asks CA Governor to Suspend All Gun, Ammo Sales
- Advisor to Anti-Gun Group Mocks First-Time Buyers Of Guns: “Only Bring That Out if the Zombies Start to Appear”
- Gun Rights Groups Challenge NM, VA Shutdown Orders
Somewhat of a setback in TX.
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
Huge news as the President cuts of the WHO from funding and the Left goes ape, WHO official speaks out on her organization’s duplicity, Pompeo still open to Wuhan lab as source, two links about Chinese strategery and ours going forward, another essay on globalism in light of the Wu-Flu, US blocks Iran from getting lawsuit lucre, Daniel Greenfield on the Dem 5th columnists looking to aid an abet the Farsis, McDonald’s in China doesn’t like black folk, silence from the usual suspects when a Gaza peace activist gets “disappeared,” and Caroline Glick on US-Israel relations during Wu-Flu panic.
- President Trump Berates “Politically Correct” WHO, Orders Hold on Funding
- WHO Official Says She Suspected Human-to-Human Transmission “Right From the Start”… But WHO Repeated Chi-Com Lies for Weeks Saying the Opposite
- Pompeo on Possibility of Wuhan Lab Leak: “Still Lots to Find Out”
- How China Can Exploit the Chinese Coronavirus to Defeat the USA
- It’s Time for a Cold War With China
- What Will Change After the Chinese Virus Crisis? (globalists still want to global – jjs)
- US to Block Iran Receiving $1.6 Billion From “Victory” Over 9/11 Victims
- Greenfield: Democrat Terror Caucus Uses Coronavirus to Lobby for Iran
- McDonald’s in China Apologizes For Banning Black People From Entering Restaurant
- Gaza Peace Activist “Disappeared” by Hamas After Zoom Chats with Israelis. Where Are the “Pro-Palestinians?”
- Glick: Israel and Trump’s War on the Chinese Coronavirus
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
Did we know about the Wuhan lab two years ago?, and in defense of Brett Crozier’s relief from command of the T.R.
- US Officials Raised Alarm About Wuhan Lab Researching Bat Coronaviruses In 2018; Military Investigating
- Crozier Deserved to Be Relieved
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE BUREAUCRACY, WASTE, FRAUD, ABUSE
Postal service privatization? Could be.
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
Cheap oil here to stay even with the cuts, and tick-tock-tick-tock…
- Despite Record Production Cuts, Cheap Oil Will Be With Us for a While
- New Projection: US Debt Will Eclipse World War 2-Era Debt
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
So, criminals set free while citizens are restrained. Perfect. Also, Epstein’s accusers get short end of stick.
- LA County Sheriff Frees Thousands More Prisoners and Then Throws Himself a Self-Congratulatory Parade (criminals free, citizens restrained – jjs)
- Oklahoma Governor Stitt Uses Chinese Coronavirus to Empty the Jails
- Chaos by the Bay: San Francisco Responds to the Chinese Coronavirus with an Experiment in Lawlessness
- “A Tale of National Disgrace”: Court Rules Against Epstein Accusers, Despite Bashing Prosecution For Light Florida Sentence
In praise of tech to fight this and other pandemics, PETA goes after United Airlines for flying lab test animals needed to find a cure, and look to Britain as to how single payer would have worked during this ordeal. Hint: not at all and granny gets the pain pill.
- Technology Is the Way Out
- United Airlines Must Help America Defeat Chinese COVID-19 (PETA gumming up the works – jjs)
- Here’s How Medicare for All Would Deal with the Chinese Coronavirus Pandemic
How Chi-Com Lung AIDS will decimate higher ed and why that’s a good thing, and “the educational revolution and awakening that is taking place during the coronavirus pandemic will create a snowball effect that will positively impact generations to come.”
- Why It’s a Good Thing Chinese Coronavirus Will Mow Down Many Colleges
- The Inevitable Conflict When Schools Reopen
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
Our intrepid science reporter with a bit of a diversion from earthbound troubles.
CULTURE WARS, HITHER & YON
Horta sez Star Trek today is “YES KILL FRANCHISE.”
NOTE: The opinions expressed in some links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.