Good morning, kids. A couple of links jumped out at me this morning. First, Pfizer has publicly come out with an unequivocal denial that they are engaging in gain-of-function research. The reason for this is because of the exposé of one of their top stooges being caught on camera boasting about it. IIRC, he was claiming that Pfizer created the disease so they can create the cure. Ain’t fascistic-cronyism grand? Of course, the hidden camera they were caught on belonged to the investigative reporters of Project Veritas, who mere days ago succeeded in purging its founder, CEO and driving force James O’Keefe. Got to be a coincidence, right?
I do not personally know, nor have I ever met James O’Keefe, so I cannot vouch for his character or his personal conduct. What I do know is that over the course of at least a decade, he and his field staff have done the work that bullshit clown shows like 60 Minutes were supposed to do, or were pimped as doing for over 50 years. They’ve exposed the corruption of this government and its allies in everything from the Chinese COVID insanity to the brainwashing mills of academia to election fraud and so much more.
Given the times we live in, and who and what we are up against, even if the allegations against O’Keefe by these allegedly disgruntled employees are true (and from what I have read, they flatline on the scandal-ometer compared to Epstein-, Clinton- and Biden-level crime, treason and pederasty), I could care fuck-all. So, to leftists and the anal-bead clutching RINOs, when it comes to O’Keefe, FYNQ.
Now, back to the toxic disaster at East Palestine, OH where Donald Trump came, saw, listened, reacted and comforted the shocked, angry and terrified residents. For a moment, you almost forget that he isn’t the president. Which is funny because Malveaux-munching Karine Jean-Pierre had the same sort of reaction in praise of . . . who?
“Today, as you all saw just an hour or so ago, President Obama announced that… I’m sorry, President Biden,” she said.
KJP, known as she is by her three initials in the vein of other feminist icons before her such as RBG, is infamously ditzy and often struggles to read her notecards. So it could be that she just had the kind of airy moment that she has hundreds of times at every press briefing and got it wrong.
Or it could reflect what everyone who pays attention knows, whether they admit it consciously or (in the case of the liberal class) not: President Brandon is not in charge of anything, not even his own schedule. Something or someone is and, absent satisfying answers, the public is left to speculate if it might not be Mr. Barry himself, back for round three.
I blame it on a steady diet of “bad veal.” Meanwhile, the gibbering rotten vegetable posing as president has still yet to tumble down the jetway of Air Farce Won and shamble around, yelling alternately at the sky and at random citizens, while sniffing out little girls in the crowd to fondle. That leaves the dirty job of dealing with the knuckle-dragging Bible-thumping untermenschen in Flyover Country to Mayor Peter Puffer, who is about as qualified to manage the nation’s transportation system as an amoeba is to running a nuclear reactor. But as he claims, as mayor of South Bend, IN, “I was Mayor of my Hometown for Eight Years. We Dealt With a Lot of Disasters, Natural and Human.” More like they dealt with one eight-year-long disaster – his term in office – that turned South Bend into Gary.
It is true that the Trump administration scrapped electronic braking regulations for trains carrying large amounts of hazardous liquids. But National Transportation Safety Board chairwoman Jennifer Homendy, who was appointed by Biden and unanimously confirmed by the Senate, said the rule wouldn’t have applied to the Norfolk Southern train that derailed in East Palestine on Feb. 3.
“PLEASE STOP SPREADING MISINFORMATION,” Homendy pleaded in a Feb. 16 tweet thread.
“Some are saying the ECP (electronically controlled pneumatic) brake rule, if implemented, would’ve prevented this derailment. FALSE—here’s why,” Homendy wrote. “The ECP braking rule would’ve applied ONLY to HIGH HAZARD FLAMMABLE TRAINS. The train that derailed in East Palestine was a MIXED FREIGHT TRAIN containing only 3 placarded Class 3 flammable liquids cars.”
That is Biden’s own NTSB chief debunking the claim. Of course, the next target on the list is Norfolk Southern, which is the cutout for corporate greed and evil capitalism. While it is certainly true that the railroad would bear responsibility if it can be absolutely proven that it was guilty of negligence and malfeasance by cutting costs, if I am not mistaken, these bloodsucking enemies of the people and the workers are mostly owned by Larry Fink of Blackrock. (CBD notes: “Blackrock owns about 4.5% of Norfolk Southern. Vanguard owns the biggest chunk…about 8%.” Even still, Wall Street is like 90% Democrat these days) And barely a month ago, it was Biden who forced the railroad unions to accept a contract not to their liking, which of course favored the greedy railroads. But why quibble?
On a completely clinical level, the spilling of vinyl chloride, perhaps dioxin and the intentional setting them on fire is an abject catastrophe and seemingly a prime example of the perfect storm of malfeasance and incompetence on every level. In terms of health and the environment, it looks to be a Chernobyl wrapped inside a Love Canal of an Exxon Valdez. Or is it really?
The East Palestine derailment was no disaster. Disasters require multiple bodies, or extensive/expensive property damage, or long-term environmental harm, preferably all three. East Palestine includes none of those elements. The one thing East Palestine had that allows people to label it a disaster is ugly visuals. I get it. Everyday, non-technical people who don’t understand dispersion, or exposure, or risk see that big black cloud and think “that’s what disasters look like!” . . .
. . . There are facts about East Palestine that are true, but don’t actually matter. Toxic materials were present and some had been released into the environment. True, but immaterial. Burning off the contents of a tanker containing vinyl chloride released potentially toxic chemicals into the air. Also true, but also immaterial. Some potentially toxic chemicals could possibly seep into the water table, significantly affecting the quality of well-water that is used by some nearby residents. True again, but ultimately of no concern.
How can I make such claims? What makes me right and the vast majority of politicians and journalists wrong? The flip answer is this: I’m a chemist. They’re not. I’ve got 38 years experience dealing with atmospheric chemistry, dispersion modeling and risk evaluation. They don’t. Releasing potentially toxic chemicals into the environment does not necessarily mean that the environment will suffer, either in the long term or the short term. Generating potentially toxic pollutants and releasing them into the air does not necessarily put anybody in the public at risk. The toxicity of the chemical doesn’t matter. The amount of the chemical released doesn’t matter. The only things that ultimately matter are the following:
1 – What is the maximum dose of a chemical to which a person can be exposed and how does that dose compare to established (and quite conservative) public health guidelines?
2 – Can the chemical release cause actual, long-term damage to eco-systems or to natural resources that we depend on? . . .
. . . Democrats who chant “follow the science” rarely do, especially when environmental issues are in play. How about we on the right use East Palestine as an opportunity to show them what following the science actually looks like, instead of playing their silly games?
I am neither a chemist nor a doctor. I present this opinion in the interest of debate. The author goes into detail about the nature of the spill and subsequent burns. One observation: over the last few days, Erin Brockovich has been all over junta house organs like MSLSD. When I see that, it kind of reminds me of the individuals who are screaming loudest in support of starting World War 3 over Ukraine.
Psaki-psircling back to the political aspects of this, whatever you think about Trump vis a vis his candidacy in 2024, God bless him for showing up. For showing that he gives a damn. I don’t necessarily expect Ron DeSantis to go there as he is neither an official candidate nor can he leave his duties as Florida governor. But where is Nikki Haley? Or now this Vivek Ramaswammy chap that some on our end are getting all hot and horny over?
Notably absent from Buttigieg and Reagan’s response was any of the passion that they had brought to transportation and water issues that they could blame on systemic racism.
“We know that systemic racism, lack of interest in low-income communities, lack of political representation, have contributed to the disproportionate impact of black and brown in low-income communities being exposed to a lack of access to good quality drinking water,” Reagan had falsely claimed before.
The residents of East Palestine are 95% white and so their water must be safe to drink.
White privilege means poisoned water and air, but white people are immune to toxic chemicals.
Had East Palestine been 95% black, we know how the story would have played out. Experts would have been brought on the air to explain that hazardous materials are more likely to travel through black areas. Fake history, like that of Buttigieg’s lie about highways being used to keep black people from visiting New York City beaches, would have been trotted out to claim that this was a systemically racist policy bordering on genocide which had poisoned generations.
East Palestine might have benefited from such attention if its people had not been white.
In Joe Biden’s first official act as [pseudo-] president, he committed every federal agency to a “whole-of-government equity agenda.”
Equity, as Kamala Harris described it, is the principle that people ought to “all end up at the same place.” This is distinct from equality, which seeks the equal treatment of citizens before law.
Within two weeks of Joe Biden’s inauguration, equity had become the organizing principle of the federal government. And last week, Biden signed an executive order expanding the equity agenda items for several federal departments.
For the Biden [junta], equity serves two purposes. First, it compensates the descendants of historically marginalized groups. Second, it metes out retributive justice against the white majority.
These purposes were made clear less than two months after Biden signed his first executive order. In March 2021, Biden signed a [Chinese] Covid relief package containing $4 billion in loan forgiveness exclusively for “socially disadvantaged” (that is, non-white) farmers. In the words of Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack, the minority-only relief package was enacted to “acknowledge that acts of discrimination took place” within the Department of Agriculture. . .
. . . When a group of white farmers excluded from the debt relief package sued the administration, Congress struck down and rewrote the provision to apply to all “distressed” farmers who had been “discriminated” against, regardless of their race. While this served the just purpose of reimbursing people with provable claims of discrimination, it failed to achieve the purpose of equity, which is to symbolically avenge past discrimination against minorities by actively discriminating against the majority in the present. As an NPR reporter put it: “If [the relief program is] expanded beyond race, many Black farmers fear the program won’t be effective in atoning for the USDA’s racist history”. . .
. . . Progressives have argued for decades, but with particular vigor after the death of George Floyd, that legal colorblindness entrenches racial disparities. Where colorblindness is rooted in the principle of equality, equity is color-conscious , seeking not to avoid discrimination but rather to actively discriminate in favor of minority groups. As Ibram Kendi puts it, “The only remedy to past discrimination is present discrimination”. . .
. . . It may have been downscale white farmers yesterday, but don’t be surprised if the “equity agenda” hits a little bit closer to home tomorrow.
Bingo. And remember, whatever the junta cannot do via legislation or even via SCOTUS-nixed executive order, they can do via bribery and/or coercion of the private sector to do the job for them.
We are all East Palestinians now. But there’s no ululating nor passing out of candy.
On a personal note, I just want to thank everyone for so generously (some of you regularly) hitting the tip jar. We make it a point to send a thank you note to everyone but please note that some of them have bounced back. Also, we use Stripe as a payment platform, not PayPal.
Have a great weekend and see you tomorrow on the hobby thread. Be there. Aloha.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- Julie Kelly: “What we are hearing from the media industrial complex is fear, not concern.”Media Demands Darkness, Not Sunlight, on January 6 Tapes
- “A phrase once used to describe shoddy aspects of African life, now applies to America. Thank you progressives!” TIA: This Is Africa? No, This Is America
OHIO DERAILMENT, TOXIC CHEMICAL DISASTER
- “The East Palestine derailment was no disaster. Disasters require multiple bodies, or extensive/expensive property damage, or long-term environmental harm, preferably all three. East Palestine includes none of those elements. The one thing East Palestine had that allows people to label it a disaster is ugly visuals. . . Democrats who chant ‘follow the science’ rarely do, especially when environmental issues are in play. How about we on the right use East Palestine as an opportunity to show them what following the science actually looks like, instead of playing their silly games?” Yet Another ‘Disaster’ That Actually Wasn’t
- “But what they did was they took a potential and made it a for sure,” he told residents during the meeting. “They Did It to Open Up a Railroad”: Former Ohio Fire Chief Rips Controlled Burn Of Toxic Chemicals
- East Palestine City Park reverberated with chants of “Trump 24!” and “We love Trump!” while the former president visited a creek, where he spoke with Sen. J.D. Vance (R-OH), Rep. Bill Johnson (R-OH), and East Palestine mayor Trent R. Conaway. Behind the Scenes With Trump in East Palestine: “You are Not Forgotten”
- Daniel Greenfield: “White privilege means poisoned water and air.” ( . . . for white people and other non-Democrats – jjs) Systemic Racism in East Palestine
- “There’s no question that there have been enormous amounts of both information and misinformation injected into this situation, none of which is to the benefit of the community. When it comes to that misinformation… so, I think… sorry, I lost my train of thought.” He lost his train of thought. Real nice, Pete. Real nice. Peter Puffer Buttigieg Bombed in Visit to East Palestine — Big Time
- Investigators from the NTSB reviewed the track, the equipment, local surveillance footage, and the data from the monitors. Surveillance video from a nearby residence showed “what appeared to be a wheel bearing in the final stage of overheat failure moments before the derailment.” NTSB Releases Preliminary Findings on the East Palestine Disaster
- Jean-Pierre repeatedly highlighted that other federal agencies have been on the ground and that it’s been “all hands on deck” because of Biden. (all hands on tweeners – jjs) White House Won’t Confirm If Biden Will Visit East Palestine, Says He’s ‘Taking It Very Seriously’
- “It is true that the Trump administration scrapped electronic braking regulations for trains carrying large amounts of hazardous liquids. But National Transportation Safety Board chairwoman Jennifer Homendy, who was appointed by Biden and unanimously confirmed by the Senate, said the rule wouldn’t have applied to the Norfolk Southern train that derailed in East Palestine on Feb. 3.” FACT CHECK: Is the Trump Administration to Blame for the Ohio Train Derailment?
- “What I know is that Norfolk Southern is governed every day, not by caring about the communities that they send their trains through, but by corporate greed.” (does this mean they’ll arrest Larry Fink at 3:00AM with a CNN crew covering live? – jjs) PA Governor Accuses Norfolk Southern of Giving “The Middle Finger” to Residents After Ohio Train Crash, Makes Criminal Referral
- The Biden [junta] announced on Thursday that the EPA, through its new Environmental Justice Thriving Communities Grantmaking program, would be giving away $550 million in grants to “11 entities to serve as grantmakers to community-based projects that reduce pollution.” EPA Awards $550 Million in “Environmental Justice” Grants as Biden Junta’s East Palestine Response Under Fire
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- “Meet Maria Araujo Kahn, Biden’s nominee for the Second Circuit Court of Appeals.” Biden Judicial Nom Argued for Outlawing Offensive Speech, Suggested “Microaggressions” Can “Kill You”
- “Buttigieg took a photo of Taer on Tuesday after she pressed him on his message to the people of East Palestine, Ohio, following the derailment of a train carrying toxic chemicals which prompted evacuations and shelter-in-place orders. During his visit to East Palestine on Thursday, Buttigieg’s press secretary would not say why the photo of Taer was taken and refused to answer what was being done with the photo even after DCNF reporter Alexa Schwerha turned her camera off.” Buttigieg’s Office Refuses to Say Why He Took Photo of DCNF’s Jennie Taer, Demands Reporter Turn Off Camera
- “I feel bad for the employees who are tentatively checking out the job websites or worried about making ends meet. But as for NPR? It is reaping what it has been sowing for years.” (I do not feel bad at all – jjs) Tone-Deaf NPR to Layoff 100 People in a ‘Major Loss’
- “Some conservatives want to abolish Section 230, but they won’t like the results.” Section 230: Be Careful What You Wish For
- “DeSantis’ spokesman called out NBC for being ‘maliciously intent on deceiving people’ and threatened to cut off the network.” Team DeSantis Shows the Only Way to Beat the Lying Media is to Cut Them Off
- The “Online News Act,” introduced last year by the government of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, will seek to force platforms like Meta’s Facebook and Google to negotiate commercial deals and compensate news publishers for their content. Google Tests Censoring Canadian News Articles
- “The state has no right to police speech.” The British Free-Speech Slippery Slope Has Become a Cliff
- David Harsanyi: “All his proposal would do is expand state interference in speech.” Why Vivek Ramaswamy’s Plan To Ban ‘Viewpoint Censorship’ is a Terrible Idea
- Raymond Ibrahim: “It’s astounding to see how much terror-promoting content goes unchallenged on social media.” Facebook: Where Jihadist Hate Thrives
- “One meme on social media right now asks an interesting question. It goes something like this, So, a room full of undercover journalists who use video to out bad guys didn’t get one video of O’Keefe [allegedly] dressing down employees? We’re not saying it didn’t happen, but it is interesting.” The Project Veritas Board Is Feeling the Pain After Ousting Founder James O’Keefe
CIVIL WAR 2.0: J-6 FBI FALSE FLAG “RIOT” & AFTERMATH, LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- “Biden’s $1.2 trillion American Rescue Plan Act gives cities a blank check for billions in federal grants in a data-driven scheme to force racial equity justice outcomes. Check out what’s happening in your city.” Biden Junta’s New Equity Atlas: An Unconstitutional Equity Redistribution Scheme
- “Several key federal departments will now be required to file public reports on their progress in making sure we ‘all end up at the same place.;” The ‘Equity Agenda’ Takes Root at the USDA—and Beyond
- “Don’t play their game.” I’ll Pass on Celebrating Diversity
- “Kersey’s resignation might have helped force Libby out, but unfortunately, Kersey’s decision to quit now prevents him from suing the police force for wrongful action.” Today’s Blacklisted American: Policeman Forced to Resign Simply Because He is Christian
- “Security was driving the Speaker and Rep. Willis back to Raleigh after a visit to Wilson for a series of events today,” a spokesperson for Moore said in a statement. “On the drive back, the vehicle was rammed from behind several times.” (as the assassinations of two NJ Republicans fades out of the spotlight – jjs) NC House Speaker Tim Moore Rammed Several Times by Car on Highway
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, DEMOCRAT-LEFT WAR ON FOSSIL FUELS, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- “Is World War II-style rationing the answer to the planet’s ‘climate crisis’? That’s the question posed in a new study by academics from the University of Leeds, England. You won’t be surprised to learn the answer is ‘yes.’” Climate Rationing of Meat and Fuel is Now on the Agenda, and In Advanced Planning Stages
- “The campaign by the Western elite in the U.S. and Europe to force everybody else to stop driving cars and trucks powered by fossil-fueled internal combustion engines and adopt EVs instead is a product of the elite’s policy choices, not ours.” Three Huge Reasons Why Electric Vehicles Will Never Dominate American Roads
- Robert Spencer: “Amid all this confusion, however, we can all take comfort in the fact that Nancy Pelosi’s gourmet ice cream freezer, being privately owned, will be unaffected. The Pelosis will still be able to enjoy their tasty treats as nature intended. Only the great unwashed will be awash in melted cones and broken dreams.” Now Your Ice Cream Is Going to Melt Because of Global Warming, But Not the Way You Might Think
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “Which is worse: That Harris actually believes what she says, or that she thinks there’s a chance you’ll believe her?” VIDEO: Your Heating Bill Is Going Down, Lied Kamala Harris
- “This administration is a joke.” Biden Junta Thinks Diversity is ‘Really Important’ When Picking Next Fed Vice Chair
- “Biden should take a lesson from the only recent president who actually controlled runaway inflation.” Implementing Ronald Reagan’s Recession Survival Kit
- “If we spend more than 17.4 percent of GDP on a regular basis the nation will continue hurtling ever-faster toward the dreaded default. But, of course, that will be someone else’s mess to clean up.” The One-Sided Debt Ceiling Debate
- “I’ll take ‘Senators-for-Life from the State of MBNA’ for $15 trillion, Alex . . . ” Biden Picks Former Mastercard CEO to Lead World Bank While Pitching Himself as Enemy of Credit Card Companies
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- Why even give this thug the option? Missouri AG Gives Ultimatum to Soros-Backed St. Louis County Circuit Attorney: Quit or Get Canned
- “I think the mayor is on the right track, but Seattle is in a huge crisis. Our city has been destroyed, and we’re not going to get it back anytime soon.” Seattle Reconsiders ‘Defunding the Police’ Due to Rising Crime
- “The reason? Racism, of course.” California Lawmakers Introduce Bill To Ban ‘Deeply Racialized and Harmful Practice’ of Police Dogs
- “A rash of criminal cops and rising crime point to British policing’s misplaced priorities.” Not Just “One Bad Apple”
AMERICA AND THE WORLD IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS AND FACTS
- Kind of a co-inky-dink in the very recent wake of James O’Keefe being forced out at Project Veritas Pfizer Denies Unethical Gain-of-Function Research for Coronavirus Vaccines in Letter to Rep. Ronny Jackson
- “Do you believe all of our ancestors who did the right thing under pressure, and paid heavily in the short term, were fools?” Russian Roulette With Poison Shots – to Avoid Losing Your Job
- “Many lives were lost to the [Chinese] virus, but freedom was also a pandemic casualty.”Congress To Probe Chinese COVID Vaccines — And It’s About Time
- “They neglect that true psychopaths, like the perpetrator of the Michigan State tragedy, cruise through background checks and red flag screenings.” For Progressives, There Are No Good Guys With Guns
- “Law-abiding gun owners aren’t running around shooting people.” Taxing Rounds to Punish Gun Owners
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- “This is not free speech — it is the exploitation of our students for political purposes and it will not be tolerated in our school district.” Florida Teacher On Leave After Making White Students Bow Down to Black Students for TikTok Video
- “Mt. Eden High School teacher Henry Bens had been the subject of many complaints over the past several weeks by students and teachers due to alleged antisemitic rhetoric and behavior during class, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. The district and the school allegedly had not reprimanded or followed up on the complaints for months, according to several students and several of Bens’ coworkers during a board meeting, but confirmed on Wednesday that Bens had been placed on leave, according to a prepared statement given to the Daily Caller News Foundation.” Teacher Who Allegedly Saluted Hitler, Pushed Antisemitic Conspiracy On Students Placed On Leave
- The DOJ announced on Wednesday that eight people – Calvin Zastrow, Chester Gallagher, Heather Idoni, Caroline Davis, Joel Curry, Justin Phillips, Eva Edl and Eva Zastrow – are accused of “engaging in a civil rights conspiracy” and violating the FACE Act in connection with an August 2020 blockade of an abortion clinic in Sterling Heights, Michigan. Idoni and Edl are facing additional charges for allegedly violating the FACE Act in connection with an April 2021 blockade of an abortion clinic in Saginaw, Michigan. DOJ Indicts 8 Pro-Life Activists for Blocking Access to Abortion Clinic
THE 2020 AND 2022ELECTION HEISTS & AFTERMATH
- “The Oklahoma Senate scored a major win for election integrity on Wednesday after the upper chamber passed legislation making it more difficult for illegal aliens to vote in state elections.” (it should be virtually impossible, but I’ll take the win – jjs) Oklahoma Senate Moves To Ensure Only U.S. Citizens Are Voting In State Elections
SHAMPEACHMENT 1.0, 2016 CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION
- “They cannot discuss their deliberations,” McBurney said, alluding to the instructions he gave members of the grand jury about discussing their work with the media and others. “So the question becomes what deliberations are, and I explained that would be the discussions they had amongst themselves when it was just the grand jurors in the room … when they were discussing what do we do with what we’ve learned,” he continued. Judge Speaks Out After Trump Grand Jury Leader Hits Media Circuit
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- “UNRWA has a long history of employing people connected to terrorist movements like Hamas, promoting anti-Semitic textbooks, and using its schools to store Hamas weapons,” Risch said in a statement provided to the Washington Free Beacon. “It is unthinkable that U.S. taxpayer dollars would be used to help fund such an organization. Congress Wants to Defund the U.N.’s Anti-Semitic Palestinian Refugee Agency
DEMOCRAT/LEFTIST AND RINO SCANDALS, MESHUGAS, CHUTZPOCRISY
- “Gallego’s intimate ties to a top lobbyist for K Street’s biggest spender could undercut his campaign to provide a progressive alternative to Sinema.” Gallego Criticizes Sinema Over Lobbyist Ties. He’s Literally in Bed With a Lobbyist.
- “‘The largest private pension bailout in American history’ gave each beneficiary of the Central States Pension Fund nearly $100,000.” Biden Shoveled $36 Billion In Taxpayer Funds To Bail Out Teamsters For Mismanaged Pensions
- Good question. Why Is Missouri’s Republican AG Andrew Bailey Protecting a Judge Who Abused Children?
- “America is awash in smarmy incompetents.” In a Country That Would Elect Fetterman, Biden Doesn’t Seem All That Implausible
- “The man who once had his finger on America’s pulse seems a bit adrift, but there are ways he can refocus his campaign.” Some Helpful Advice For Donald Trump To Sharpen His Candidacy
- “Today, as you all saw just an hour or so ago, President Obama announced that… I’m sorry, President Biden,” she said. Third Term: Karine Jean-Pierre Refers to ‘President Obama’ Currently Running White House
- The 37-year-old entrepreneur started Wednesday meeting and greeting Granite Staters at a packed Potter’s Bakery in Rochester. Ramaswamy, sporting a charcoal gray suit and white shirt, spent about an hour chatting with voters. Just hours earlier, he launched his campaign announcement video, in which he stated that America is suffering from a “national identity crisis” and that the country needs a revival of “American exceptionalism.” Anti-Woke Businessman Vivek Ramaswamy Barnstorms New Hampshire Campaign Trail
- “Because she believes in America’s founding principles, despite our periodic failure to live up to them.” Why Does the Left Hate Nikki Haley? (we hate her too, but for different reasons – jjs)
* * * * *
- “Is it the very unseemliness of the death watch over poor Jimmy Carter that has forced everyone to talk balls?” “A Great, Great, Great Man”: The Cringey Gushing Over Jimmy Carter
THE UKRAINIAN “FRONT”
- “Until our politicians and pundits understand the Russian approach to war, they will misread the situation in ways terribly damaging for Ukraine.” A Sober View of the Russo-Ukrainian War
- “Only a quarter of Americans believe the U.S. should be playing a major role in the conflict.”Poll: Only 19% Of Americans Have Confidence In Biden’s Handling Of Ukraine Conflict
- “We are Harry Potter and William Wallace, the Na’vi and Han Solo. We’re escaping from Shawshank and blowing up the Death Star.” NATO Criticised For Tweet Comparing Ukraine Conflict To Harry Potter
- “The desire in Washington to increase government, the government’s response to everything, including a military response to a conflict with a near peer geopolitical adversary with a huge nuclear arsenal, is strong. And so, the American people need to speak up on this and make clear that, while we’re concerned about Putin, Putin’s a bad guy, and I hope sincerely that he’s stuck, this cannot be ours to fight, nor can it be ours to fund alone.” Mike Lee: We’ve Got to Stand with Americans Against ‘Military-Industrial Complex’ — NATO Needs to Match our Spending in Ukraine
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- Jerusalem Post: “The IDF struck a Hamas weapons production factory and a military site belonging to Hamas in the Gaza Strip.” Israel’s IDF Destroys Gaza Terrorist Sites After Hamas Rocket Fire
- “China’s demographic decline and waning fortunes are a result of the Communist Party’s power madness—and they heighten the danger.” Reversal in the Year of the Rabbit
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- “When adversarial nations fly unidentified objects over our borders, we’re paralyzed by the threat. Meanwhile, most of us whitewash the daily micro-intrusions we accept at a much more frequent pace. Check out what’s going on with your robovac.” China’s Spying Goes Far Beyond Balloons
- “A new book explores how civilians and soldiers work with – and against – each other.”Command and Control
- “Other apps coming to the new Mercedes-Benz infotainment dashboard are Webex by Cisco apps, Zoom, Angry Birds, and Vivaldi web browser, according to TechCrunch. The car manufacturer has a new software architecture and app store. And a new way for the CCP to spy on people.” CCP-Tied ‘Spyware’ TikTok Cuts Deal With Mercedes-Benz
- Robert Spencer: “What could possibly be the reason for the double standard?” Sweden Bans Burning the Qur’an, but Burning the Scriptures of Other Religions is OK
HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE
- “If you want to be difficult to control, get up and get after it.” The Real Pandemic in America Today: Obesity
- “To realize the potential of the American health care system, we must strike a better balance between these impulses.” Jefferson and Hamilton in American Health Care
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “If confirmed, these galaxies essentially tell us that the Big Bang is wrong, or very very VERY incomplete, and that all the data found that dates its occurrence 13.7 billion years ago, based on the Hubble constant, must be reanalyzed.” James Webb Telescope Spots Massive Galaxies in Early Universe That Shouldn’t Have Existed at That Time
- “The ground is barren, with absolutely no evidence of any life, and it appears that the buttes have been softened and eroded by eons of wind action.” Soft Martian Buttes (I saw Susan Oliver play a soft Martian beaut in The Cage in ’66 – jjs)
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- “What happened to Chloe at Kaiser should never happen to any child in America, and the Center for American Liberty is committed to protecting children like Chloe,” [Harmeet] Dhillon added. Detransitioner Chloe Cole Announces Official Lawsuit Against Kaiser Permanente For ‘Medical Negligence’
- The Social Contagion of Transitioning Children is not only undeniable, it’s much worse than anyone could have imagined. Freedom Forever’s investigative team uncovered the alarming reality inside the largest online group of moms of “trans kids.” Deranged Parents of ‘Trans Kids’ Brag about Giving their Minor Children Puberty Blockers, Hormones, and Surgeries
- “The message is loud and clear — support the trans-rage narrative or you’re out of the club.”Transgender Hormones Increase Heart Attacks and Strokes, but the Left Still Pushes Them on Kids
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “You People is about stereotypes, not people.” How a New Netflix Rom-Com Advances the Revolution
- “There’s a lot she can learn.” 3 Things Anti-America Agitator Angela Davis Can Learn From Her Pilgrim Ancestors
HITHER & YON
- “Engelhardt declared himself ‘the first apostle of the coconut palm.’” Raw Egg Nationalist’s One Weird Trick
- Christian Toto: “Story begins with promise, but too many bland characters water down the fun.” Cocaine Bear Misses Cult Status by a Country Mile
- Lloyd Billingsley: “In our current jihad of junkthought and racist hatred, forces outside of politics provide grounds for hope and change.” A Great American Music Lesson
FINALLY . . .
- “Even by the standards of his day, Mr. Rogers was doing something different.” A Different Kind of Neighbor
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.