Good morning, kids. With everything going on in the world, whoever had a nationwide run on the banks on their scorecard for today, you just won a 1978 Chrysler Cordoba! Go pick up the keys in Morty’s office.
Silicon Valley venture capitalists are screaming for a bail out in response to the recent sudden collapse of Silicon Valley Bank — the second-largest bank failure in history, behind the collapse of Washington Mutual at the height of the 2008 financial crisis.
“YOU SHOULD BE ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED RIGHT NOW — THAT IS THE PROPER REACTION TO A BANK RUN & CONTAGION @POTUS & @SecYellen MUST GET ON TV TOMORROW AND GUARANTEE ALL DEPOSITS UP TO $10M OR THIS WILL SPIRAL INTO CHAOS,” entrepreneur Jason Calacanis exclaimed.
Entrepreneur Joe Lonsdale insisted that he is “opposed to bail outs,” but nonetheless flirted with the idea of one for the Silicon Valley Bank, tweeting, “Am curious if the innovation world is the only part of our economy that doesn’t deserve a depositor bailout?”
“And can’t help but ask how many equivalent aid packages to Ukraine (0.5 of them?) it takes to resolve the crisis impacting thousands of promising US technology companies,” he added.
I read that first paragraph and honestly, I’m just numb at this point. I echo the sentiments about bailouts but this guy is right over the target about Ukraine. How many hundreds of billions have we dumped in that steaming sewer of graft, grift and Burisma? Meanwhile, Janet Yellen, who is the Mayor Pete of Tim Geithners had this to say:
“Let me be clear that during the financial crisis, there were investors and owners of systemic large banks that were bailed out,” Yellen told Brennan when asked whether the U.S. had ruled out a bailout.”“And the reforms that have been put in place means that we’re not going to do that again. But we are concerned about depositors and are focused on trying to meet their needs. . .”
. . . Fox Business Network senior correspondent Charles Gasparino reported depositors would initially receive 30 to 50% of their money on Monday, and “most of the rest” in time, citing sources familiar with the matter.
The implosion of SVB would mark the largest bank failure since Washington Mutual collapsed in late 2008, according to Axios.
With regard to potential failures at other banks, Yellen argued that one bank’s troubles don’t necessarily mean similar problems for another. She said “supervision and regulation” will help prevent “contagion.”
“Contagion.” There’s a word that I do not want to hear, but only marginally less so than the phrase “Let me be clear.” Hey, I’m no Milton Friedman but banks just don’t collapse. Perhaps it’s malfeasance and criminality on the part of the executives, which given the fact that banks are arguably the most regulated industry in the nation, that alone might not be the cause. If we go back to 2008, the housing market collapsed thanks to the government mandate of banks having to give loans for poor people to buy homes that they could never afford to pay back. And so the banks came up with the mortgage-backed security Ponzi scheme, and the rest is history. Ironically, here we are again discussing yet another disaster with its root causes in government malfeasance, incompetence and more than a mere soupçon of cronyism to boot. Or Buttigieg as the case may be.
When the story of why Silicon Valley Bank was taken over by the FDIC is written, the role played by policies that sacrificed fiduciary responsibility for wokeness should be examined.
Home Depot co-founder Bernie Marcus is hardly a right-wing nut or a religious fanatic. He’s a hard-headed businessman who’s disgusted with the Biden [junta’s] emphasis in the financial sector on DEI.
“These banks are badly run because everybody is focused on diversity and all of the woke issues and not concentrating on the one thing they should, which is shareholder returns,” Marcus said. “Instead of protecting the shareholders and their employees, they are more concerned about the social policies. And I think it’s probably a badly run bank.”
While SVB was circling the drain, Jay Ersapah, the boss of Financial Risk Management at SVB’s UK branch, launched woke initiatives, including the company’s first month-long Pride campaign and a new blog emphasizing mental health awareness for LGBTQ+ youth. “As a queer person of color and a first-generation immigrant from a working-class background, there were not many role models for me to ‘see’ growing up,” said Ersapah.
Her efforts as the company’s European LGBTQIA+ Employee Resource Group co-chair earned her a spot on SVB’s “outstanding LGBT+ Role Model Lists 2022,” a list shared in a company post just four months before the bank was shut down by federal authorities over liquidity fears.
In addition to instituting SVB’s first “safe space catch-up” — which encouraged employees to share their coming out stories — and serving on LGBTQ+ panels around the world, Ersapah also spent time over the last year serving as a director for Diversity Role Models and volunteering as a mentor for Migrant Leaders.
The bank was abruptly shut down after it revealed that it had taken a $1.8 billion loss from a $21 billion sale of its bond holdings. When the company was unable to raise enough cash, the federal government closed its doors.
Bernie Marcus felt sorry for depositors who lost almost everything. “They’ve been there for a lot of years. It’s pathetic that so many people lost money that won’t get it back.”
Meanwhile, for eight months, SVB did not have a chief financial risk officer. From April 2022, when Laura Izurieta left the job, to January 2023, when Kim Olson was hired, the company had no one whose ultimate responsibility was to gauge risk.
But it’s the woke policies, epitomized by Ersapah’s preoccupation with her image as an LGBTQ crusader, that drew a lot of criticism.
Speaking of a run on the banks, funny, how the usual suspects are going apeshit over the prospect of SCOTUS rejecting the near trillion-dollar youth vote-buying scheme of student loan forgiveness. But I digress.
If you think SVB is a one-off, all you have to do is look at Disney, Coca Cola, Nike, Apple, and hundreds of other companies large and small, not to mention our government. If they’re not itching to hire full-on Marxists like Saule Omarova, or Gigi Sohn or Julie Su, who are completely unqualified due to their ideology, they hire the completely unqualified based on minority status. During his term as mayor of South Bend, IN, Peter-Puffer Buttigieg took a relatively stable, if not mediocre town and turned it into a crime-ridden, bankrupt shit-hole. But being a militant homosexual and the son of a Marxist made him eminently qualified to be the Secretary of Transportation!
“Mr. Washington, can you quickly tell me what kind of airspace requires an ADS-B transponder?” said Senator Ted Budd in a March 1 hearing with Phillip Washington, Joe Biden’s pick to head the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
“Not sure I can answer that question right now,” said Washington. Budd said the answer was a “pretty important part” but quickly moved on.
“What are the six types of special-use airspace that protect this national security that appear on FAA charts?”
“Sorry senator,” Washington said. “I cannot answer that question.” Budd duly advanced another.
“What are the operational limitations of a pilot flying under basic med?”
“Senator I’m not a pilot so . . .”
“Obviously you’d oversee the Federal Aviation Administration,” countered Budd, “so any idea what any of those restrictions are under basic med?”
“Well, some of the restrictions, I think, would be high blood pressure.”
As Senator Budd explained, the restrictions had to do with the number of passengers per airplane, weight, altitude, and speed. So “it doesn’t have anything to do with blood pressure.”
. . . For all but the willfully blind, the Biden pick is unqualified to head the FAA. So the people have a right to wonder how he got tapped for the job.
In 2020, “Washington led Biden’s transition team for the Transportation Department,” notes National Public Radio. The Delaware Democrat first nominated Washington in early July, 2022, “but he failed to get a hearing even though Democrats controlled the Senate.” Biden re-nominated Washington in January, so it’s pretty clear the FAA was a reward for service to Biden. . .
. . . Senator Ted Cruz cited “serious concerns regarding outstanding allegations of misconduct going back to Mr. Washington’s time at LA Metro. He was named in multiple search warrants in an ongoing criminal public corruption investigation and was the subject of multiple whistleblower complaints.” Washington was also named in a discrimination and retaliation lawsuit filed by a former Denver airport employee.
As Cruz noted, the nominee’s failure to notify the committee of that lawsuit was one of “dozens of omissions” in his questionnaire. In Denver, Washington had stressed “sociocultural merits” and on March 1, despite ample time to prepare, the nominee failed to answer basic questions about airport safety. For Biden, Washington was fully qualified, and in a sense the Delaware Democrat is right.
At all levels the various boards and commissions serve as soft landing spots for failed politicians, party hacks and bureaucrats. Witness the pathetic Pete Buttigieg, on “paternity leave” during a supply-chain crisis, and ignoring a toxic train derailment in Ohio. In similar style, Biden labor secretary nominee Julie Su enabled billions in unemployment fraud and supports the elimination of independent freelance workers.
It’s bad enough that idlers, hacks, cronies and other stooges become heads of bureaucracies, ambassadors and other positions in government. But when, either by choice or compulsion start occupying positions in C-suites, or are accepted to business schools, engineering schools and medical schools and worse, “earn” their degrees (that’s going to be one big-ass bell curve) and are let loose into the world, well, just look at the collapse of SVB as a possible harbinger.
Already, Joey Sponge-Brain Shits-Pants has prioritized ESG for the financial sector despite its disastrous effects on the bottom line and investor portfolios.
Wayne Allyn Root thinks with our military so degraded by the imposition of Marxist “woke” indoctrination that an EMP attack by the Chi-Coms or Russia is imminent.
Why, when we’re slitting our own throats, would they do that? At the rate we’re going, they can waltz right in and take over without firing a shot. Hell, most of the government and far too many of our allegedly fellow citizens would greet them with flowers and candy. Meh, it’ll be the Iranians who light off an EMP, thanks to Biden and the geniuses at Foggy Bottom itching to let them nuke up, who think America and Israel must be counterbalanced by the mullahs for stability, or something.
So many other good stories and links and I’m forced to deal with a lousy run on the banks.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- Naomi Wolf: “It’s tempting to sweep this confrontation with my own gullibility under the rug — to ‘move on’ without ever acknowledging that I was duped, and that as a result I made mistakes in judgement, and that these mistakes, multiplied by the tens of thousands and millions on the part of people just like me, hurt millions of other people like you all, in existential ways. But that erasure of personal and public history would be wrong.” Dear Conservatives: I’m Sorry I Believed So Many Media Lies
- Daniel Greenfield: “Two of the three branches of government are in the hands of the mentally incapable.” Who’s Running America?
- Victor Davis Hanson: “Joe Biden’s political utility and near senility serve as exemptions for his often sexist, racist, and creepy riffs.” The March Madness of the So-Called Quote-Unquote “president”
- Roger Kimball: “George Santayana’s interest in philosophy was for the reality it revealed—and for the relief that it promised.” Recalling Santayana’s Genteel Tradition
- “Science fiction becomes dystopian fact.” Study Suggests AI Can Literally Read Your Mind, and With Extreme Accuracy
- “Grifters and idiots with a time horizon calculated in quarterly profits instead of years, much less decades or centuries, now lead the country.” Arsenal of Dumb-ocracy
CIVIL WAR 2.0: J-6 FBI FALSE FLAG “RIOT” & AFTERMATH, LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- “Suddenly I heard screaming, had books thrown at me and I was soaking wet”Conservative Female Authors Attacked by Protesters at Book Launch Event.
* * * * *
- Robert Spencer: “If he does become the nominee, however, it’s virtually certain that he would just have been chosen to play the role of the Washington Generals facing the Democrats’ Harlem Globetrotters. From the sound of his recent statements, he would play this role eagerly.” Even as Jan. 6 Narrative Implodes, Pence Still Blames Bad Orange Man for Endangering His Life
- “In an age of lies, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. Tucker Carlson’s release of January 6 video is a big step in the direction of undermining trust in an establishment that deserves little.” So Much for Transparency
- “What the Northern and coastal elite feel toward the South and West is a level of contempt that amounts to racism.” Regional Racism and the Democrats Who Love It
- Clarice Feldman: “Democrat lies about the GOP go back a long, long way.” This Great Stage of Fools
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “YOU SHOULD BE ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED RIGHT NOW — THAT IS THE PROPER REACTION TO A BANK RUN & CONTAGION @POTUS & @SecYellen MUST GET ON TV TOMORROW AND GUARANTEE ALL DEPOSITS UP TO $10M OR THIS WILL SPIRAL INTO CHAOS,” entrepreneur Jason Calacanis exclaimed. Silicon Valley Venture Capitalists Scream for a Bail Out in Reaction to Bank Collapse
- “One hundred venture capital and investing firms have signed a statement supporting Silicon Valley Bank, and calls for aid to avoid a possible ‘extinction-level event’ for tech companies.”Hundreds of Startups Face Massive Cash Crunch in Wake of Silicon Valley Bank Collapse
- Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen approved measures to resolve the failure of Silicon Valley Bank “in a manner that fully protects all depositors,” the Treasury said Sunday in a joint statement with the Fed and FDIC. Fed, Treasury, and FDIC Announce Actions to Backstop Banks After Silicon Valley Meltdown
- “I think the voice here is our Treasury Secretary who is our lead and working with regulators. That’s the appropriate person we should listen to here and she’s tracking this the most closely,” Young said. “What I will say is after the financial crisis, the reforms put in place have given regulators more tools. And our system is more resilient and the foundation stronger because of it.” Biden Official Calls Banking System ‘Resilient’ Amid SVP Collapse
- “Obviously, there were many factors that led to SVB’s collapse, woke policies being only one of them. Unfortunately, it’s going to take a lot more than one bank going under to turn the tide against DEI in corporate America.” Did Woke Policies Help Lead to the Collapse of Silicon Valley Bank?
- What will happen to the millions of consumers who aren’t too big to fail and are now being crushed under debt? And will the Federal government finally allow big politically connected financial institutions that fell short in “husbandry” to totally fail? Or will we continue to subtly train financial institutions to take risks that defy common sense, knowing taxpayers are standing by ready to step in and protect them for the “public good”? It will be interesting to see what the Biden [junta’s] next move will be and whether it matches the soak-the-rich rhetoric that has been on display this week. Interest Rate Hikes May Trigger an Avalanche of Household Debt while Badly Run Bank Collapses Capture the Headlines for Now
* * * * *
- “This is no help for debt-ridden Americans. It is a carefully timed and unconscionable political stunt.” Joe Biden’s Preposterous Student Loan Bailout
- “This budget is arguably the most dishonest one that any president [legitimate or otherwise] has ever offered up.” Biden’s Budget is Tax-and-Spend on Steroids
- “Borrowing a few dollars from a bank isn’t as easy as it might seem.” Why Bank Small-Credit Loans Aren’t Better Than Payday Loans
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- Miranda Devine: “The very Democrats who won’t shut up about ‘MAGA semi-fascists’ threatening democracy are defending an emerging dictatorship in which the governing party, the security state and Big Tech come together to censor speech that dissents from the official narrative, whether on the origins of [Chinese] COVID or the efficacy of vaccines and lockdowns, election integrity or the Afghanistan withdrawal, the Ukraine war or climate change, gender ideology or the Hunter Biden laptop.” The Media Ignore Democrats in Congress Stepping on Freedom of Speech
- “The three-hour hearing showed that corporate-government collusion goes far deeper than the major platforms in Silicon Valley.” Calling Out Private Censors, Weaponization Committee Signals It Won’t Stop With FBI-Twitter Collusion
- “There might not have been many new revelations coming from the subcommittee, but what the public did learn was that the political left is extremely hostile to facts, evidence and the truth. If you didn’t already know that by now, the hearing with Matt Taibbi made it abundantly clear.” Democrats Refuse to Address the Contents of the Twitter Files – Attack the Messengers Instead
- “Article is a perfect amalgam of racism and pseudoscience.” LA Times Writer Slammed for Racist Claims that White Drivers are ‘Polluting the Air’ of ‘People of Color’
- “Max Boot’s rebrand falls short.” Das Boot
- “The secular Washington Post clearly doesn’t understand Catholic theology nor our culture’s imperative need for holiness in a world of hookup culture and moral decadence. WaPoConfused Why It’s Wrong For Catholic Priests To Use Hookup Apps
- “In other words, the FCC cannot grab the regulatory responsibilities of other agencies, especially the Commerce Department, where Congress in recent years has been trying to shift most commercial regulatory authority. Nonetheless, this bill appears to mostly endorse the FCC ‘s power grab.” House subcommittee proposes five bills that would change FCC operations
- Christian Toto: “Pool, Five Times August canceled as part of new, repressive reality.” Tim Pool Threatens Suit Against Bandcamp for Unchecked Censorship
- Wayne Allyn Root: “All in one week.” 5 of the Most Important Stories in the History of America
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, DEMOCRAT-LEFT WAR ON FOSSIL FUELS, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- Dutch politician Geert Wilders: “The real aim here is to get rid of our farmers for some leftist Nitrogen agenda and make room for non western immigrants.” Netherlands: 10,000 Farmers Protest Against Climate Change Regulations
- Robert Spencer: “Leftists have been using fear as a tool to sell their propaganda for decades. Greta’s deleted tweet ought to serve as a wake-up call for those who still suspect that their doomsday scenarios, which are all designed to force us into accepting poverty and bug-eating while China cements its global economic hegemony, might actually be real.”Greta Thunberg’s 2018 Prediction That World Would End In Five Years Doesn’t Turn Out So Well
- “Manufacturers say government climate change initiative would make your washing cycles longer, clothes dirtier.” How Biden’s New Washing Machine Regulations Could Ruin Laundry Day
- “Alaskans are mystified that Democrat Rep. Mary Peltola, their only member in the U.S. House, voted to return to colonialism. The EPA rule takes away the rights of Native corporations to use their lands for the betterment of their shareholders — the Natives of Alaska who were deeded these lands under the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act of 1971, which awarded Alaska Native corporations 45.5 million acres of land to create better economic conditions for Alaska’s indigenous people.” Why Did This Red-State Rep Just Vote For Colonialism?
- “If you’re reading this piece, most experts agree that you are probably alive. Other experts tell us that sometime in the future you will cease to be alive. In between then and now, do yourself a favor: enjoy life. One of the ways you can enjoy it best is by tuning out the sad, ignorant masters of exploitation and propaganda who dream up ways to try to control your behavior by exploiting your natural tendency to exercise extreme caution when facing fear itself.” Still the Only Thing We Have to Fear
OHIO DERAILMENT, TOXIC CHEMICAL DISASTER
- John M. Williams, Sr., M.D.: “The response on the ground after the derailment and the release of toxic chemicals failed the residents in multiple ways.” A Tale of Two Train Wrecks: The East Palestine Disaster Response
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- If we declared a free-fire zone, you’d be amazed how quickly this madness stops. Hundreds of Migrants Attempt to Storm the Southern Border
- “This is one of the worst maritime tragedies that I can think of in California.” At Least 8 Dead After Suspected Smuggling Boats Capsize Near San Diego
- “The lawsuit comes after the Vermont Supreme Court ruled against the RNC’s previous lawsuit asking judges to find noncitizen voting unconstitutional. While the court argued the Vermont Constitution did not categorically bar noncitizen residents from voting in municipal elections, it did find that votes with statewide implications would require United States citizenship, an RNC spokeswoman told The Federalist.” RNC, Vermont GOP Sue City of Winooski for Letting Noncitizens Vote on Spending State Funds
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “A Los Angeles deputy district attorney was suspended without pay for ‘misgendering’ a sex offender.” Soft on Crime, Harsh on Pronouns
AMERICA AND THE WORLD IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS AND FACTS
- The [Chinese] Covid Origins Act of 2023, sponsored by Sens. Josh Hawley (R-MO) and Mike Braun (R-IN), passed by a vote of 410 to 0, after clearing the Senate by unanimous consent last week. Entire US Congress Votes To Declassify [Chinese] COVID-19 Origins Intel
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- “The Democrats will blindly follow the teachers unions into their ideological destruction of historical education.” Virginia Teachers Union Pushes Senate Democrats to End “Anti-Asian” Victims of Communism Day
- “[T]he school district worked in tandem with the union to attack her. First the school broad threatened her with a lawsuit, running a show trial against her at a school board meeting. When it realized it would be a mistake to sue her for simply asking for the curriculum, it apparently then arranged for the NEA to step forward and sue her instead.” Today’s blacklisted American: Mother sued by teacher’s union for requesting her child’s kindergarten curriculum
- “Tirien Steinbach helped derail a talk by a federal judge. The school says the talk’s organizers should contact her for ‘support.’” Stanford Tells Federalist Society Students To ‘Reach Out’ To Diversity Dean Who Encouraged Disruption of Their Event – and To Shut Up on Twitter
- “What first looked like a pandemic blip has turned into a crisis. Nationwide, undergraduate college enrollment dropped 8% from 2019 to 2022.” Many Students Who Finished High School During the Pandemic Are Skipping College
- Robert Spencer: “When sitting on a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun just isn’t enough.”Hanoi Jane Calls for the Murder of Pro-Lifers
- “Can they actually do this?” New York Tries to Force Mail-Order Abortions on the Rest of the Country
- “The amendment would have sanctioned the killing of the unborn in Virginia’s Constitution and legalized abortion up to and during birth.” VA House Stops Democrats From Putting a Right to Partial-Birth Abortion in the State Constitution
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- “The FBI’s 2021 hate crime report did not include statistics from major cities with high Jewish populations such as New York City, Miami and Los Angeles, leading to heavy criticism from Jewish organizations.” (gee, what do they all have in common? – jjs) Light Sentences For Anti-Semitic Attacks Set A Dangerous Precedent, Experts Warn
- “They weren’t proselytizing; they were merely the wrong sort of Christians.” Public School Board Axes Christian Student Teachers
BIDEN CRIME FAMILY REVELATIONS
- “Is this the moment we’ve been waiting for? Will the Biden crime family and their dealings with our number one enemy, the CCP, come crashing down because Hunter left a laptop in a repair shop?” (no reasonable prosecutor, etc. etc. – jjs) Rep. Comer Says He Has the Goods on Hunter Biden and His Commie $$$
- “If DeSantis launches a formal bid for the White House, Iowa will be one of the most important states for him to win. However, it’ll be a monumental challenge as voters have — for years — made it clear that Iowa is largely MAGA country.” Trump Touts Past Success With America’s Farmers Ahead of Iowa Visit
- “Trump has galvanized and, dare I say, weaponized these American kulaks against the entire rotten apparatus. He has given the gift of true class consciousness to the common American man and woman.” Donald Trump Reemerges as the Republican Alpha at CPAC
- “The contrast between Trump and the worn-out ideas of his media-pandering rivals.” Trump KOs GOP Globalists
- “The problem of Gavin Newsom.” Native Son
- “Ditching Harris will be more politically expensive than keeping her around.” Top Democrats Call on Party Members to Stop Denigrating Veep Throat Harris
- “. . . Sanders says Arkansas as a whole can be the ‘blueprint’ for what conservative states could do.” How Sarah Sanders is Putting Arkansas on the Map
THE UKRAINIAN “FRONT”
- “Giving Ukraine a blank check, as some wish us to do, is the very opposite of a prudent U.S. foreign policy.” Russo-Ukrainian Outcomes for America
- “Alexander Vindman emerges from his altruism cocoon to give us all a lesson in profitable patriotism.” From Prime Time Witness to War Profiteer
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “South Africa is in the midst of a political crisis, and energy shortages are at the heart of it. You’ll be forgiven for not having heard—western media has preferred to focus on the war in Ukraine and everything else has fallen through the cracks.” South Africa: State of Collapse
- “The Nobel winner and three others were arrested in 2021 for financially supporting protests and allegedly smuggling money. The state-sponsored news agency Belta confirmed that the court had handed down severe jail time to all four of the men, including a 10-year sentence for Bialiatski. He has since denied all the charges brought against him, claiming that the action taken against him was politically motivated, according to Reuters.” Belarus Imprisons Nobel Peace Prize Winner for 10 Years Amid Condemnations from EU, UZ
- However, Jinping does not appear to have an interest only in military weaponry, but to exercise self-reliance in the fields of science and technology, including optimizing capabilities in emergency fields, improve industrial supply chains, and produce national reserves “more capable of safeguarding national security.” CCP Declares Intention to “Elevate Armed Forces” During Increasing International Conflicts
- “Is Israel to be condemned because it is stronger than the Palestinians?” Introducing Elly Schlein: Her Giddy Censure Doth Us Most Displease
- “Constitutional order requires compromise.” A Better Way to Reform Israel’s Supreme Court
- “The French experience complicates the prospects of family policy–driven revival.” Liberte, Egalite, Natalite—or Not
- Daniel Greenfield: “What the reaction to a rare Jewish riot in Israel says about Jewish liberals.” Hollow Sanctimony Over Hawara
* * * * *
- “They are absolutely authentic—otherwise they would not inspire moral panic among their elders.” ‘Menace to Society’: Eastern European Hipster Subculture Pushes Back
- “Tales from the Vienna ’hoods.” On Teaching Muslim Kids in Austria
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE COURTS, WASTE/FRAUD/ABUSE
- “Nobody is taking responsibility.” Wisconsin Indian Hostage Crisis Teeters On Violence Because Biden, Tony Evers Do Nothing
- “New York City needs more housing, but not more public-housing projects.” Banishing Le Corbusier’s Ghost
- Lloyd Billingsley: “Biden’s FAA pick Phil Washington knows nothing about aviation safety.”FAAtal Attraction
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “The flight’s planned distance was to go 1,410 feet to the southwest and ‘image science targets along the way.’” Ingenuity completes 47th flight, scouting ahead of Perseverance
- “Bringing the Soyuz home in June would get it home in about three and a half months, suggesting the Russians are no longer confident their Soyuz and Progress spacecraft can withstand six months in space.” Russia considering bringing Soyuz launched on February 23rd home earlier
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- “The atrocity isn’t over yet, but it’s in its death throes now. England, Sweden, Finland, Norway, and some US states are leading the way to ending what is arguably the greatest medical crime ever committed. One can only hope that this time we have learnt our lesson and never again allow such horrors to occur.” The Looming Catastrophe of Transition Regret and the Lessons of Psychiatry’s Madness
- “West Virginia leads the nation in the amount of transgender teens they have per capita, according to a 2017 study by The Williams Institute.” WV GOP Caves, Agrees To ‘Mental Health’ Exception In Sex Change Treatment Ban For Minors
- “It’s no wonder girls and young women are depressed and thinking of suicide, when even educated and successful women support policies that keep telling them that they are not good enough.” Erasing Women
- “They may indeed be coming for your kids. But in the end, they are coming for reality.”Transgenderism Must Be Eradicated
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “The J6 Prison Choir is composed of prisoners incarcerated for the involvement in the January 6 Capitol riot.” January 6 Prison Choir Has the Number One Song in the Country
- “A threat to nobody.” (second look at Iranian rooftop flying lessons? – jjs) Oscar-Winning Everything Everywhere All at Once Director Defends Drag Queens and Drag Children
- “I hope it tanks at the Oscars.” (it kicked ass where it counts: at the box office – jjs) MSNBC Editor Slams Pro-Military Top Gun: Maverick as “Poisonous”
- Thad McCotter: “It is intellectually dishonest to oppose fascism but not to equally oppose communism.” And the Oscar for Hypocrisy Goes to . . .
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.