Good morning, kids. Somehow, it got lost in the sauce yesterday that along with the collapse of SVB, an institution known as Signature Bank also laid an egg. And it wasn’t golden, either. While it’s no laughing matter, at least one person might be having a mild chuckle at this:
Word that the New York state regulators had closed down the bank came on Sunday, just two days after the California-based Silicon Valley Bank collapsed. The activity has generated fears that jittery depositors could try to withdraw their savings from lenders around the country, potentially destabilizing the banking system. But back in 2021, Signature Bank didn’t want one billionaire’s business.
“We witnessed the President of the United States encouraging the rioters and refraining from calling in the National Guard to protect the Congress in its performance of duty,” Signature Bank said in a statement at the time. “At this point in time, to ensure the peaceful transition of power, we believe the appropriate action would be the resignation of the President of the United States, which is in the best interests of our nation and the American people.”
CNBC reported that Signature Bank was deeply invested in volatile cryptocurrency and had $110.4 billion in total assets and $88.6 billion in total deposits as of the end of 2022. After Sunday’s move by state regulators, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation took control of the bank.
Schadenfreude is a hell of a drug, but it’ll fade since no doubt, the junta will bail these bastards out, mostly at our and our children’s children’s children’s expense. It is inevitable, like the sun rising in the east, that the usual gang of idiot Leftists will blame America, capitalism, racism and of course Donald Trump on this and every other economic calamity under the sun. As a Jew, I feel insulted that Calypso Louie or even the Bro-Fo haven’t opened their cake-holes to cast the blame on, you know who. Yet.
That said, the most noble, moral, upstanding individuals can create systems and processes, and over the course of thousands of years, cultures that lay the foundation for societies to grow and thrive. But even the best systems are always at the mercy of human nature, regardless of the safeguards that are put in place. And as history has shown us time and time again, we are always at the mercy of our foibles and frailties.
The blame game is underway. Banks are failing, they say, because it’s all Trump’s fault. Banks are failing because it’s all Biden’s fault. But here’s the truth: Banks are failing because, among other things such as the bank’s own bad risk management, politicians are greedy. Their greed and profligacy could wipe out a swath of tech innovation in the frenzy following the implosion of Silicon Valley Bank (SVB).
Donald Trump spent like he was playing with house money. But he unleashed the economy that more than made up for it — until COVID. Then Joe Biden came to office and said hold my beer.
You can’t do much about the balance sheets of a first-tier bank that finances Silicon Valley start-ups, but you surely can do something about politicians who hastened that bank’s free fall into receivership.
I’ll take issue with Victoria Taft in blaming Trump for the profligacy of the budget, which is the sole purview of a Congress that has not actually had a budget for years. The Chinese COVID bailouts are something else entirely and you can argue he was a victim of circumstance, or not. Continuing . . .
The Fauci-induced Black Swan event known as COVID-19 left us on our heels. Then Biden made things worse by leaving billions in materiel and America’s prestige and sacrifice on the flats of Bagram Air Base. And then he did the same thing to the American taxpayers. He forsook billions, maybe trillions, in lost productivity and prosperity by smothering our domestic energy business. That dunder-headed move immediately enriched and empowered Vladimir Putin and his oil oligarchs. Vlad was swimming in money. Putin adjudged that Biden was so dumb that he may as well pick off the rest of Ukraine to get the old USSR back together. But then Putin picked up the phone and called Beijing, and now Xi and Vlad are best buds. Nixon is rolling over in his grave. And Joe Biden is now Volodymyr Zelenskyy’s bagman. We’re spending billions to hold up the most corrupt nation in the world. Ask Victoria Nuland and the Bidens how corrupt it is. They’d know.
Or ask Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen. In the days leading up to the SVB failure, she was Oprah in Kyiv, giving away more of our money. And you get a new dacha! And you get a new dacha!
Biden spent trillions for his global warming legislation to enrich all of his political cronies and NGOs who would do his party’s bidding for government money. The name of that bill mocked the American people to their faces. They called it the “inflation reduction act.” They were laughing at us.
These politicians knew the trillions in new expenditures would be like a millstone around the necks of the individuals who pay the bills around here. These greedy politicians (Democrats in this case) knew it would in fact trigger more inflation. And it did.
What came next? The Fed’s Jerome Powell had to rejigger interest rates to make money more expensive to tamp down demand. That, naturally, made everything more expensive for everyone. People who drive and wanted to buy a house and start their American Dream were back-burnered. The expensive money crowded out capital for other uses. And that more expensive money raised the cost of government, which put a greater burden on the little guy. It raised the cost of debt service on the U.S. debt. Within a few short years, by 2029, debt service will eclipse the amount we spend on our military. . .
. . . Podcast co-host and investor David Sacks said a lot of people in Silicon Valley didn’t stop spending and their bank didn’t stop loaning. You are right on track if you think that sounds a bit like the old “liar loans” of the 2008 Wall Street investment bank catastrophe.
The 82-year-old Democrat is on the board of directors at Signature Bank — a New York lender that was shut down by state regulators over the weekend, becoming the industry’s third major casualty since Silicon Valley Bank was abruptly shuttered on Friday and the crypto-focused Silvergate Capital shut down a week earlier.
In an interview with Bloomberg late Sunday, Frank partly blamed cryptocurrencies, which hadn’t existed when he and fellow lawmakers in Washington were grappling with the collapse of Lehman Brothers in 2008.
“Digital currency was the new element entered into our system,” Frank told Bloomberg. “A new and destabilizing — potentially destabilizing — element is introduced into the financial system. What we get are three failures.”
Frank didn’t address the fact that crypto had become a key growth vehicle for Signature Bank under the direction of himself and others — despite widespread concerns about the risks of the notoriously volatile sector. . .
. . . Frank, a staunch Democrat and chair of the House Financial Services Committee during the 2008 crisis, was brought into Signature because of his deep understanding of the importance of financial regulation, according to the company’s website.
“Mr. Frank’s extensive experience as a Congressman, and particularly as Chair of the House Financial Services Committee, led the Board to conclude that he should be a member of the Board,” a statement about Frank’s appointment to the board reads.
In 2004 Frank and 75 other House Democrats (including such notables as Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, and Charles Rangel) took exception to George W. Bush’s public expression of concern about the risky loans that Fannie Mae and and Freddie Mac were making. The Representatives sent the President a letter warning that “an exclusive focus on safety and soundness is likely to come, in practice, at the expense of affordable housing.”
In June 2005, Frank said the following about his – and the House Financial Services Committee’s – efforts to promote home-ownership for low-income people:
“Obviously, speculation is never a good thing. But those who argue now that housing prices are now at the point of a bubble seem to me to be missing a very important point. Unlike previous examples we have had, where substantial excessive inflation of prices later caused some problems, we are talking here about an entity, home ownership. Homes, where there is not the degree of leverage that we’ve seen elsewhere. This is not the dot-com situation, where you had problems when people invested in a business plan where there was no reality. People building fiber optic cable for which there was no need. Homes that are occupied may see ebb and flow of price at a certain percentage level, but you’re not going to see the collapse that you see when people talk about a bubble. So those of us on our committee will continue to push for home ownership.”
. . . In 2008 Frank was asked how the U.S. government ought to address the nation’s financial crisis. He replied:
“I think at this point there needs to be a focus on an immediate increase in spending, and I think this is a time when deficit fear has to take a second seat. I do think this is a time for a very important kind of dose of Keynesianism. Yes, I believe later on, there should be tax increases. Speaking personally, I think there are a lot of very rich people out there whom we can tax at a point down the road and recover some of this money.”
Frank endorsed the massive government bailouts of the banking industry (under the $700 billion Troubled Asset Relief Program, or TARP) in 2008 and 2009, saying: “This is equivalent to what FDR had to do … to save capitalism from its own excesses.” In February 2009, Frank pledged that he would not accept campaign donations from any banks that had received TARP money, or from political action committees (PACs) tied to such institutions. But in fact, he went on to take more than $40,000 in contributions from such banks and their PACs in 2009 and 2010.
And all of that is just the tip of the iceberg. By the way, look up Franklin Raines and Jamie Gorelick while you’re at it. Barney Frank is not merely a know-nothing grifter. He’s a rabid, ideologically-driven know-nothing grifter. And it’s maniacs like him who have been in charge of our lives from within government at every level and more and more, in the less and less private sector.
Instead of being put in charge of the nation’s finances and then given seats on the boards of banks, maybe Barney Fagg should run things he knows about and understands – like underage homosexual escort services. Meh. As Milton Friedman might say, if Barney Frank were put in charge of GLAAD, within 5 years, homosexual child molestation would cease to exist.
It is axiomatic that the more control these people have over our lives, the more catastrophes and calamities will explode, and most crucially, the more the blame will be placed on the things they railed against in the first place: America, the free market, limited government, individualism, western civilization and the Judeo-Christian ethic.
The normal rules of the road are clear: The first $250,000 are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. After that, the customer is liable for loss. But Silicon Valley wanted a different set of rules for itself.
So Sunday, venture capitalists and startup executives who stood to lose their SVB deposits worked overtime to push the narrative there would be a bank run Monday if the bank’s uninsured depositors weren’t bailed out by the government Sunday. Narrowly, the gambit worked: Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen announced Sunday night that tech companies that deposited funds at SVB, even those that parked far too much money there without diversifying, would be made whole.
That’s crony capitalism — changing the rules after the fact to help a select few. What’s more? Ninety-eight percent of political donations from these bailed-out firms went to Democrats. When President Biden talks about bailing out “small-business owners,” most people don’t have in mind elite venture-funded firms in Silicon Valley. . .
. . . It’s a bailout, pure and simple. For years, SVB and its cronies lobbied for looser risk limits by arguing its failure wouldn’t create “systemic risk” and wouldn’t need special intervention by the US government. Yet now the same cronies claim SVB was “systemically important.”
A friendly reminder that everyday customers will have to shoulder the burden of this bailout through higher charges as they top up FDIC.
By selectively changing the rules after the fact for SVB, the US government incentivizes greater risk-taking by banks and depositors in the future.
There are real concerns about a potential bank run in America, but the right way to address those concerns isn’t to bail out tech startups who banked with SVB.
It’s by taking basic steps, like the Federal Reserve doing one of the few things it is actually supposed to do — serving as the lender of last resort to American banks.
The deeper problem is that the Federal Reserve has been trying to play God for too long. Except with a fat finger.
UPDATE: Ramaswamy is connected to the Paul and Daisy Soros Fellowship. Doesn’t negate the gravamen of his discourse, but still.
All of this is of course true. But the cultural rot, lack of morals and ethics, and a will to power has turned us upside down and inside out. Everything is so corrupt now that I don’t think anything short of a complete collapse is going to put a stop to the madness. And then a whole other kind of madness will rule the day.
ABOVE THE FOLD, BREAKING, NOTEWORTHY
- Michael Walsh: “In a battle between good and evil, with the law having gone over to the side of evil—as it had in the gangland Chicago of the 1920s and ’30s—what are the good guys prepared to do? With the country-as-founded now being shot out from underneath us on a near-daily basis, how do concerned citizens fight back?” The Untouchables
- Robert Spencer: “Running hard to be the Mitt Romney of 2024, the controlled opposition establishment Republican nominee who will run for president and lose gracefully.” Even as Jan. 6 Narrative Implodes, Pence Still Blames Trump for Endangering His Life
- Larry Elder: “Frustration might just not be racism.” White Man Down
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- “There is a clear through line from the spendthrift Biden [junta] policies to the current crisis. The $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan overstimulated the economy, pushing inflation up to the fastest pace in four decades. Excess savings flooded the banking system, pumping banks like Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) full of what we now see are flight-prone supersized deposits.” The Bidenflation Banking Crisis
- “The deeper problem is that the Federal Reserve has been trying to play God for too long. Except with a fat finger.” (he wants your vote, but he nails the problem here – jjs) Vivek Ramaswamy Op-Ed: Big Tech Wins Unfair Advantage Over American Workers in SVB Scandal
- “[Financial expert Michael] Burry, best known for his portrayal by Christian Bale in hit movie “The Big Short,” has been signaling the alarm for an impending, massive recession for quite some time. After Silicon Valley Bank’s collapse Friday and Signature Bank’s shut down, Burry took to Twitter with one perfect statement: ‘2000, 2008, 2023, it’s always the same. People full of hubris and greed take stupid risks and fail. Money is then printed. Because it works so well.’” Financial Expert Explains Why the Economy is Collapsing in One Perfect Tweet
- Get this and laugh through your vomit: “Frank, a staunch Democrat and chair of the House Financial Services Committee during the 2008 crisis, was brought into Signature because of his deep understanding of the importance of financial regulation, according to the company’s website.” Barney Frank Under Fire Over Role on Board of Doomed Signature Bank
- “What went wrong? In a word: Inflation. In a few more words: The higher interest rates needed to combat inflation smashed the cheap-money expectations that SVB’s bond portfolios required. Other sectors of the economy that have become addicted to historically low interest rates include high-tech, particularly startup firms, and the housing market.”The Biden Economy Is Falling Apart, Everything, Everywhere, All at Once
- SVB reportedly failed to have someone in charge of risk assessment for some eight months, until January of this year, while the person in charge of risk assessment in the U.K. allegedly prioritized “pro-diversity initiatives” while neglecting her actual role, according to a Daily Mail report. The bank has pages on its website dedicated to showing off its DEI initiatives and “workforce diversity.” Failed SVB Criticized For Hyper-Focus on Woke DEI Initiatives, LGBT Activism
* * * * *
- “CNBC reported that Signature Bank was deeply invested in volatile cryptocurrency and had $110.4 billion in total assets and $88.6 billion in total deposits as of the end of 2022. After Sunday’s move by state regulators, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation took control of the bank.” Latest Bank To Fail Refused Then-President Trump’s Business In 2021
- “Who would have trusted their money to these guys after watching this video?” ‘Cringe’ Ads Go Viral From Failed Bank That Refused Trump’s Business: ‘A Circus Not A Bank’
- “These entrepreneurs either knew, or should have known, the risks they were taking, and the government should not be in the business of rewarding this arrogance and stupidity. A government bailout is nothing more than a backdoor that will leave taxpayers on the hook for the foolish decisions of so-called capitalists who are unwilling to pay the costs of risks gone awry.” Silicon Valley Bank Bailout is Socialism for the Rich
- “I pressed the Biden administration today to commit not to bailout Chinese companies with money from Arkansas’s taxpayers, but they refused. Which tells you that’s exactly what [so-called quote-unquote “president”] Biden plans to do.” Tom Cotton: Biden Junta Won’t Commit to Not Bailing Out Chinese SVB Investors
- “Corporate responsibility, huh?” Silicon Valley Bank Got Woke, Went Broke
- “It’s easy to blame an out-of-control-tech sector for recent financial failures, but Washington created the monster.” Bro-Bank Blues
- “Donald Trump spent like he was playing with house money. But he unleashed the economy that more than made up for it — until [Chinese] COVID. Then Joe Biden came to office and said hold my beer. You can’t do much about the balance sheets of a first-tier bank that finances Silicon Valley start-ups, but you surely can do something about politicians who hastened that bank’s free fall into receivership.” The Fault Line in Biden’s Bank Failures Runs Through Washington’s Greed
* * * * *
- “The president’s budget took my breath away. His numbers are extraordinary. We’re going to run out of digits here. It’s a $6.9 trillion budget, $4.7 trillion in new taxes that will affect everyone over 10 years, $18 trillion in new debt, a cut to defense.” Sen. John Kennedy: “The Only Way I Know How to Improve the [so-called quote-unquote “president’s”] Budget Is with a Shredder”
- “. . . real-estate companies have helped accelerate the trend of wealthier renters. Investment companies have begun buying thousands of suburban homes and then renting them out to high-income earners. Apartment complexes have stared amenity-focused buildings, and home builders are catering to ‘single-family houses designed to be rented instead of sold,’ reported The Journal.” Report: 3 Million U.S. Households Making Over $150,000 a Year Are Still Renting
CIVIL WAR 2.0: J-6 FBI FALSE FLAG “RIOT” & AFTERMATH, LEFTIST PERSECUTIONS, DEMOCRAT PUTSCH, AMERICAN DISSOLUTION
- Julie Kelly: “Americans will hold accountable those responsible for the accelerating degradation of the U.S. justice system as the government’s J6 narrative collapses and their wrongdoing becomes apparent.” (I’d like to know how – jjs) A ‘Spill’ of FBI Secrets
- Robert Spencer: “Her interview at SXSW gives us a picture of someone who is resolutely determined not only to ignore reality, but to compel the rest of us to join her and ignore reality as well. Since delusion and fantasy are pandemic among Leftists these days, many will undoubtedly join her. Others, however, are more realistic.” Of Course: Malig-Nancy Pelosi Is Still Pushing the Jan. 6 ‘Insurrection’ Hoax
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, MEDIA, BIG BROTHER TECH
- “Silicon Valley Bank failed last week.” Dem Senator Asked About Censoring Info That Would Cause Bank Run, Massie Says
- “. . . for two years, so-called experts told us that natural immunity didn’t offer as much protection as the [Chinese] COVID vaccines. And, even now, Facebook’s [Chinese] COVID policy prohibits posts claiming that “building immunity by getting [Chinese] COVID-19 is safer than getting the vaccine.” We Were Censored for Reporting on Natural Immunity. What’s Next?
- Margot Cleveland: “Americans no longer view organizations profiting from the disinformation business as the good guys — especially when the money comes from their tax dollars.”NewsGuard Claims Not to be Government-Funded, But a $750,000 Grant Suggests Otherwise
- “They are now loud and proud about their desire to crush dissent to ‘save democracy.’”Censorship: The Week Democrats Finally Came Out
- “The New York Times is wrong again: Securing our borders does not prevent illegals from leaving.” The Gray Lady Hits the Wall
- “Fox simply did what a good news outlet is supposed to do in the face of a controversial, national story: cover it from all sides.” Dominion’s Lawsuit Against Fox News Is Unfounded
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, DEMOCRAT-LEFT WAR ON FOSSIL FUELS, JUNK SCIENCE, LYSENKOISM
- The Department of Interior discovered “the big new project would create annual emissions that equate to less than 1 percent of total U.S. annual emissions in 2019.” Biden Junta Approves ConocoPhillips 30-Year Willow Oil Drilling Project in Alaska
- “In some instances, the government responded to protestors with brutal force, deploying tear gas and dogs to break up demonstrations in cities such as Heerenveen. The response closely mirrored that of the Canadian government, which used similar tactics in abusing state authority to quash truckers protesting the country’s [Chinese] Covid jab mandates.” If The Dutch Government Thought Its Farmers Would Submit To Environmental Statism Easily, It Was Wrong
- “Seven former Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) administrators said in a Sunday letter — obtained by WSJ — to Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg and several congressional committees that the government should seek assurances that automakers will keep the AM radio in their vehicles.” Electric Car Manufacturers Remove AM Radios Claiming Safety Concerns
- “The fusion of green and red produces a lethal compound.” The Toxic Intersection of Climate Alarmism and Communism
- “A friendly, handy, and thorough book that provides a straightforward approach to nullifying and disproving the claims of climate change fanatics.” A Handbook for Climate Change Skeptics
OHIO DERAILMENT, TOXIC CHEMICAL DISASTER
- “These railroad companies have gotten totally in bed with big government,” Vance said. “Most recently, three months ago, they were bailed out by the government in the form of the feds coming in, Joe Biden and others coming in and settling the labor union issue that the railroads have.” J.D. Vance: Railroad Companies Have ‘Gotten in Bed with Big Government,’ Biden Junta Making It More Difficult to Clean up East Palestine Mess
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, BORDER SECURITY
- “The news comes as the administration has seen a historic flood of millions of illegal immigrants pouring into the U.S. under its watch which is largely occurring because Biden’s policies are acting as magnets for the migrants and cartel smugglers.” All Democrats on Homeland Security Committee Pull Out From Attending Hearing in the Field on Border Crisis
- “They did tell the women to bring contraceptives because they know that women are being raped.” Report: Red Cross Provides Illegals With Maps And Tips About How To Cross Border Into U.S.
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- “A 25-year-old transgender-identified man has been charged with sexually abusing a baby while working at a daycare center in Kentucky.” (he should be taken out and publicly executed – jjs) Transgender Daycare Worker Charged With Sexually Abusing a Baby
- “Cops aren’t happy, and locals feel let down by the police. How can faith in policing be restored?” Bringing Back Trust to America’s Streets
- “Sutherland was slapped with six counts of misdemeanor charges for child pornography in Montgomery County, Md., a ‘sanctuary’ county that was the site of a rash of sex crimes committed by illegal immigrants. Child pornography is a misdemeanor in a sanctuary county? Go figure.” School Official Spray-paints ‘Groomer’ on Libraries, Then Gets Busted With Kiddie-Porn
AMERICA AND THE WORLD IMPRISONED: CHINESE CORONAVIRUS FICTIONS AND FACTS
- “To put it simply, Whitmer didn’t just force deadly lockdowns that wrecked her constituents’ mental health. She also kept the people in her state from buying goods for an activity that is linked to physical and mental health benefits. Now Whitmer wants the public to buy her confession that her team went over the top on lockdowns. Not only is it three years too late, but it’s also clearly a cop-out.” Michigan Gov. Wretched Whitmer Whitewashes Her Authoritarian Lockdowns With Whopper About Seed Sale Ban
- “Thousands of messages from the nation’s health secretary reveal the extent to which British leaders sought to scare, manipulate, and deceive the public.” A Chinese Covid Reckoning in the U.K.
- “The horrifically mismanaged [Chinese] COVID response throughout the West calls for a reckoning. How about holding it in Milan, Italy?” The Looming Reckoning for Chinese COVID Tyrants
- So we paid the Chi-Coms to create and unleash a biological/psychological terror weapon andwe got clipped in the bargain. What a country! Report: U.S. Govt. Made Duplicate Payments to Wuhan Lab in China, Potentially Losing Tens of Millions of Dollars
EDUCATION, AND WHAT PASSES FOR IT
- Robert Spencer: “. . . the groundwork has been laid for an authoritarian state in which dissenting points of view are forcibly silenced. The nation’s youths have been thoroughly indoctrinated to welcome such a state.” America’s Teens Are Dumber Than They’ve Been In 100 Years
- Robert Spencer Part Deux: “These people will soon be lawyers, and then, God help us.”Stanford Law School Descends Into Barbarism
- “Jenny Martinez becomes the target of student ire for saying ‘I’m sorry’ to besieged judge Kyle Duncan.” Student Activists Target Stanford Law School Dean in Revolt Over Her Apology
- “To me these actions appear to be desperate defensive holding actions against an aggressive opponent who has the initiative and is gaining ground at all points.” The Sad State of Free Speech in America Illustrated by Three Top Universities
- “D.E.F.Y. is developing a series of programs and initiatives – starting with a New College Charter Chapter of D.E.F.Y. and expanding across Florida and nationally –to fight back against the Rick [sic] DeSantis’s and big government attacks on educational freedom,” the organization’s website reads. “Help us build a movement to keep partisan politicians (and their politics) out of our nation’s classrooms.” A Nazi Collaborator Soros-Funded Organization is Helping a Student Org Defy DeSantis’ Higher Education Reforms
- “The New Dark Age that is sending Western Civilization into decline scored an important victory at the highly-regarded Indiana University Medical School.” Indiana University Medical School Caves to Trans Extremists in Required Course for All MD Students
- “In response to a recent District Court case, the department wants to claim that children in the womb are disposable personal property, to be protected or destroyed subject only to the owner’s will.” DOJ Attempts to Stake Abortion Rights on Commerce Clause
THE 2020 AND 2022ELECTION HEISTS & AFTERMATH
- “Louisiana and Alabama were the first two states to suspend their participation in the program last year. Now, Florida, Missouri, and West Virginia have followed after ERIC failed to address their concerns and make proposed changes during a February board meeting.”Media Slander GOP States as ‘Conspiracy Theorists’ for Rejecting Voter Database That Compels Pro-Democrat Outreach
SHAMPEACHMENT 1.0, 2016 CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, MUELLER DECEPTION
- “The criminal investigation into Trump’s payment to Daniels, who says that she had an affair with the former president, has lasted five years. The case involves a payment that former Trump attorney Michael Cohen, who pled guilty to felony charges related to the payment, made to Daniels during the presidential race.” Trump Has ‘No Plans’ To Testify In Grand Jury Investigation As Likelihood Of Being Indicted Increases: Report
OFFICIAL DEMOCRAT PARTY/LEFTIST-ENDORSED ANTI-SEMITISM, ANTI-CHRISTIANITY
- “Groups say ratings giant has not stamped out anti-Israel bias.” Pro-Israel Groups Call for Sanctions on Morningstar for Blacklisting Companies That Aid the Jewish State
- “Wokeness, not Christianity, is the reigning mainstream religion.” Welcome, Christians, to the ‘Negative World’
- “Just how crazy is Congresswoman Bush?” Meet Cori Bush’s ‘Spiritual Guru’ Nathaniel Davis
DEMOCRAT/LEFTIST AND RINO SCANDALS, MESHUGAS, CHUTZPOCRISY
- “Citizen Action Wisconsin, which lobbies to end cash bail and abolish enforcement of drug crimes, endorsed Judge Janet Protasiewicz.” Liberal Candidate in Wisconsin’s Supreme Court Race Touts Endorsement From Anti-Police Group
- Next to Democrats, the GOP are the last group of people we should let decide who runs.The GOP Is Already Tangling Over Who Should Run In 2024
- “Republicans are in the majority and on offense. We will grow our House majority by building strong campaigns around talented recruits in these districts who can communicate the dangers of Democrats’ extreme agenda,” said NRCC Chairman Richard Hudson (R-NC). “These House Democrats should be shaking in their boots.” House Republicans Release First List of 37 Democrat Targets for 2024
- “There’s really not much of an audience for Comedy Central, however. Recent guest host Sarah Silverman only managed to pull in an average of 370,000 viewers, while Fox News’s Gutfield was attracting an average of 2.1 million viewers. If Biden wants exposure, he should go on Fox. At least there would be people watching.” Joe Biden Takes Things Seriously by… Going on Comedy Central?
- “McConnell’s office told NBC News that he expects to remain in rehab for one to two weeks before returning to the Senate. He is one of three senators facing a medical absence, along with Democrats Dianne Feinstein of California and John Fetterman of Pennsylvania.” Mitch McChi-Com Discharged From Hospital After Concussion
THE UKRAINIAN “FRONT”
- “Billions in U.S. aid to Ukraine would be better spent here at home. The time for our country to be involved in regional conflicts that do not impact our own security is over.” The Ukraine War Made Me a Hippie, Not a Putin Stooge
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- “A CCP-friendly national committee still believes that a cold war isn’t inevitable.” The Mirage of Détente With China Lives On
- “It’s time.” Destroy the Mexican Drug Cartels
- “Not my king.” Britons Gather Outside Westminster Ahead of King Charles’ Coronation
- “Anderson is a realist and a brave campaigner for truth, understanding perfectly well the menace that excessive Muslim immigration, no less than Woke ideology, poses to the unity and prosperity of the West. How could any sane and responsible Jewish group, having even the slightest knowledge of Islamic scripture and practice, object to her presence among us? As people say, ‘unbelievable!’” An EU Parliamentarian Puts Canada to Shame
DEFENSE, MILITARY, SECURITY AFFAIRS
- “The timing of the contracts is certainly . . . odd.” STRANGE: U.S. Embassy Handed Out Sensitive Data Contract to Now BANNED Chinese State-Owned Firm Just Days Before Trump’s Beijing Trip.
- “Garcetti’s nomination [as ambassador to India] has been held up in the Senate for over 20 months in the wake of allegations he helped cover up a sexual assault during his time as Los Angeles’ mayor. However, as the Senate is expected to take up Garcetti’s nomination in the coming days, experts on Chinese influence and intelligence operations are raising red flags about the former mayor’s ties to alleged CCP front groups.” ‘Huge Red Flag’: Inside Biden Nominee Eric Garcetti’s Ties To Members Of Alleged Chinese Intel Front Groups
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE COURTS, WASTE/FRAUD/ABUSE
- “After being slammed for being on vacation during last major storm, Gov. Newsom gets emergency declaration approved and wisely nixes permit requirements to store rainwater.”‘Pineapple Express’ Storm Rolls Over California, Causing Massive Floods
- “Californians were like the proverbial frog that’s being slowly boiled to death one degree at a time.” Will the Last One to Leave California Please Turn on the Lights (the lights will go out long before the last one leaves, if anyone will be allowed to – jjs)
ACTUAL SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY
- “The FDA should let the Department of Agriculture oversee regulation of genetically engineered food animals.” Engineering Efficiency
- “The red regions of star formation are significant, as they indicate that even in a tiny galaxy like this it is possible for there to be enough gas and dust to coalesce into new stars.”Hubble Looks at Nearby Dwarf Galaxy
- “Since none of these pseudo-companies will be vertically landing their first stages — at least not for several years — it means that numerous first stages will be coming down in many areas in China and Mongolia, most of which will be uncontrolled descents.” Chinese pseudo-commercial rocket industry gearing up to launch numerous times from interior spaceport
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- “DeSantis has led an administration-wide effort to ban sex change treatments for minors. He has said doctors should be sued for performing sex changes on children and suspended a state attorney refusing to adhere to the child sex change ban.” ‘Close To Sinful’: Biden Floats Possibility Of Nation-Wide Transgender Law
- “Nessa has a comedy YouTube channel with 32,000 subscribers where she posts funny videos. On Tik Tok, Nessa has seven million followers. The video she made that started this dispute was very effective at pointing out what Marsh does with kids. It’s weird, and he should stop. I’m sorry Nessa deleted her videos. They were effective. And perhaps that’s why she’s been targeted in such a heinous way.” Muslim Comedian Under Attack for Calling Out Grooming Behavior by Non-binary Creep Jeffrey Marsh
CULTURE WARS, NATIONAL SUICIDE
- “Until the Woke Nazis infested Hollywood, the Oscars hit between 30 and 40 million viewers without breaking a sweat. Are we really going to grade on a woke curve where 16 million viewers means the Oscars are Back!.” Ratings Poison – Early Jimmy Kimmel Oscar Ratings Humiliating 16 Million
- “Unlike obnoxious, woke celebrities, Quan modeled genuine gratitude, humility, and grace during his acceptance speech.” (Short Round FTW – jjs) “This is the American Dream”: Ke Huy Quan Models How to Give a Perfect Oscars Acceptance Speech
- They mean less and less because movies have less and less meaning. Director Paul Schrader Says ‘Oscars Mean Less Each Year,’ Cites Academy’s ‘Scramble to Be Woke’
- Daniel Greenfield: “They want to rewrite old books because they can’t equal them.” Wokes Can’t Beat the Culture They’re Destroying
- “As soon as the David character in The Last Of Us started reading from the Bible I knew that he was going to be a horrific villain. Could there be a Bible-reading preacher on a show who is actually loving and kind?” The Office Actor Rainn Wilson Admits There’s ‘Anti-Christian Bias In Hollywood’ Following The Last Of Us Episode
- “American culture now gives preferential treatment to the constituencies who cry the most.”The Power of Victimhood
- “Can our entanglement with online life be redeemed?” The Win Condition
- “The act of celibacy was put into effect in the 11th century as a way to ensure the clergy’s money would stay within the church, instead of with their family, according to the Daily Mail. The Vatican apparently enforces the rule among priests, but there has been growing pushback against the ban.” Pope “Fiction” Francis Approaches Lifting Ban Against Celibacy for Catholic Priests, Calling It “a Temporary Prescription”
- Christian Toto: “Director Raoul Peck’s alarming statement suggests exactly that.” Will Upcoming Orwell Doc Miss Entire Point of 1984?
HITHER & YON
- >We Southerners are infinitely grateful that a snow and cold weather event like the Blizzard of ’93 comes so rarely. I do realize that some of you Northerners are laughing or shaking your head at our once-in-a-blue-moon plight, and all I can say to that is, “:Cut us some slack!” Remembering the ‘Storm of the Century’: 30 Years Ago Today
- “At least for now, building new cities is most promising in the developing world.” Freedom Cities Won’t Likely Be American
NOTE: The opinions expressed in the links may or may not reflect my own. I include them because of their relevance to the discussion of a particular issue.